** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

The 1 day season begins in Australia tonight with a Twenty20 International between Australia and England and then NZ come across to join the tri-series for the next month. Schedule

Tue 9 icon-daynight_13x11.gifOnly T20I - Australia v England Sydney Cricket Ground
Fri 12 icon-daynight_13x11.gifAustralia v England Melbourne Cricket Ground
Tue 16 England v New Zealand Bellerive Oval, Hobart
Fri 19 icon-daynight_13x11.gifAustralia v England Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane
Tue 23 icon-daynight_13x11.gifEngland v New Zealand Adelaide Oval
Fri 26 icon-daynight_13x11.gifAustralia v England Adelaide Oval
Tue 30 icon-daynight_13x11.gifEngland v New Zealand W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth
February 2007
Fri 2 icon-daynight_13x11.gifAustralia v England Sydney Cricket Ground
Tue 6 icon-daynight_13x11.gifEngland v New Zealand Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane
Fri 9 icon-daynight_13x11.gif1st Final - TBC v TBC Melbourne Cricket Ground
Sun 11 icon-daynight_13x11.gif2nd Final - TBC v TBC Sydney Cricket Ground
Tue 13 icon-daynight_13x11.gif3rd Final - TBC v TBC Adelaide Oval
2 bets for me on the Twenty20. 10pts England to win Twenty20 International 12/5 Totesport England are a crazy price here for a 20 over match. These 2 have met in a Twenty20 International before when England won to the tune of 100 runs. That in itself shows a little of how unpredictable 20 over cricket can be. Both sides are going to make changes to the sides which battled for the Ashes. Australia will rest McGrath and Clark and give a debut to Ben Hilfenhaus. Nathan Bracken and Mitchell Johnson come into the side along with the record breaking Twenty20 batsman Cameron White. England welcome back skipper Michael Vaughan for this match, while his fitness is a concern for many his leadership skills are known the world over. Coming in alongside Vaughan will be Joyce and Dalrymple, regular members of England's 1 day side in the summer and a newbie to International cricket at the age of 36 in the shape of Paul Nixon of Leicestershire who will come in and keep wicket. Ironically he left Kent 5 years ago because Geraint Jones took his place in the 1st team! It's a funny old game Saint. Australia will still be going hell for leather but this day in the England dresing room is all about the start of some pride restoration. Michael Vaughan doesn't accept poor performances and England will be up for this. Nobody should be this price over 20 overs so England are the value call here. 4pts A.Gilchrist Top Aussie Bat 4/1 Expekt This type of cricket is perfectly suited for Adam Gilchrist. We got a shade of his destructiveness in the Perth test match when despite the long boundaries, Gilly hit a 57 ball century. If he can do that to long boundaries what can he do to these short ones? Traditionally the world over the best time for scoring in Twenty20 matches are the 1st 8 overs of the innings as after that captains employ their slower bowlers and the ball goes softer. Gilchrist opens the innings so he'll be in for the 1st 8 overs and if he starts teeing off his team mates won't catch him. Gilly is a large price given it's unlikely Australia will lose 10 wickets over 20 overs and I hope to take advantage. Bets for the Commonwealth bank series and matches will be here Weds/Thurs :ok

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International 5pts Jamie Dalrymple 28pts & Over boylesports (1 Run, 10 Catch, 20 Wicket, 25 Stumping) & 1.83 Unheralded batsmen in the England set up who is a rarity in that he values his wicket. Took well to the ODI game last year in which his performances in a struggling side were commendable. A more than capable bowler too at this level he can snare the odd batsmen out who go looking for easy runs off the spinner. If England lose early wickets and they have a tendency to do so he may well get longer at the crease than anticipated. 1pt each way Jamie Dalrymple top England Bat @ 11 boylesports 1/4 123 Same as the other bet, when the going gets tough as it did last year this guy knuckled down and tried to grind out the runs. England can easily lose their top order cheaply here and if thats the case then this becomes an even more attractive bet.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International 1pt Brett Lee top Australian Bat @ 51 Sportingbet/Sportingodds (Same price with 365) Is a very powerful hitter of the ball and strong chance that he will be batting in the final 4 overs when the slogging is at it's most frequent. All it needs is the top 6 to not have a great innings and for Lee to have a few clean strikes at the end. If I could bet on player performance for Lee it would definitely be over. Anyone know of a place offering this?

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International There are two late changes for the 20\20 match tonight between Australia and England. Due to injury and illness, Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson have been rested and will be replaced by Victorian quick, Shane Harwood and Queensland all-rounder James Hopes. Harwood's in terrific form in this format for the Bushrangers and Hopes has been a consistent performer with bat and ball. All the best.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Aus 221-5! I can't see England getting anywhere near that to be honest. Great to see Somersets Cameron White in top form with 40 off 20 at the death. Kev lands his Gilchrist bet, just! Ponting got within 1. Surprised to see Dalrymple only get the one over. Needs to make some with the bat now and I reckon he'll get his chance!

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

5pts Jamie Dalrymple 28pts & Over boylesports (1 Run' date= 10 Catch, 20 Wicket, 25 Stumping) & 1.83 Unheralded batsmen in the England set up who is a rarity in that he values his wicket. Took well to the ODI game last year in which his performances in a struggling side were commendable. A more than capable bowler too at this level he can snare the odd batsmen out who go looking for easy runs off the spinner. If England lose early wickets and they have a tendency to do so he may well get longer at the crease than anticipated. 1pt each way Jamie Dalrymple top England Bat @ 11 boylesports 1/4 123 Same as the other bet, when the going gets tough as it did last year this guy knuckled down and tried to grind out the runs. England can easily lose their top order cheaply here and if thats the case then this becomes an even more attractive bet.
Nice work Dave. Why the hell is he batting in this side below Nixon though! This England set-up never ceases to amaze me. Gilchrist did the biz for me so a 6pt profit for me :ok

5pts Jamie Dalrymple 28pts & Over boylesports (1 Run' date= 10 Catch, 20 Wicket, 25 Stumping) & 1.83 Unheralded batsmen in the England set up who is a rarity in that he values his wicket. Took well to the ODI game last year in which his performances in a struggling side were commendable. A more than capable bowler too at this level he can snare the odd batsmen out who go looking for easy runs off the spinner. If England lose early wickets and they have a tendency to do so he may well get longer at the crease than anticipated. 1pt each way Jamie Dalrymple top England Bat @ 11 boylesports 1/4 123 Same as the other bet, when the going gets tough as it did last year this guy knuckled down and tried to grind out the runs. England can easily lose their top order cheaply here and if thats the case then this becomes an even more attractive bet.
Top Effort Mate :clap

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International great stuff David. Australia's' big hitting was certainly entertaining to watch, while England were just an embarrassment once more. Can't see England beating Australia even once this summer, don't think they will fare any better against New Zealand.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International An opening bet for Friday's ODI game: Paul Collingwood 36pts & Over 1.90 365 I simply cannot believe this low line. A few days ago I thought to myself that if there is one bloke I should follow it's Collingwood. England can all too often struggle with the bat so there's a chance that he will be needed to play a big innings. He's also capable of scoring some quick runs. If past games where I have seen him play are anything to go by he should be asked to bowl a few overs and might get a wicket. The big clincher for me is that this guy is brilliant in the field, and is more than capable of snaring a great catch out of nowhere. Bottomline is that I feel that are too many ways for him to cover a short line (a catch and a wicket + 6 measly runs, 2 wickets only, a good innings only, 2 catches and 16 quick runs, a wicket and 16 quick runs, etc.) Kevin Pietersen to outscore Michael Hussey 1.95 Sportingbet In ODIs Pietersen is sensational IMO. Has a stellar record, performs brilliantly and when England make small totals there is often a large number of runs coming from KP's bat. Australia on the otherhand have a brilliant top order of Hayden, Gilchrist and Ponting. If they bat first Hussey could come in at the end and have very limited opportunities to make a decent score. He could get out trying to find the boundaries and maybe even face just 1 or 2 overs. The same applies for batting second if England score few runs and he comes in chasing not many. Pietersen imo will have the chance to face many more overs and in the ODI arena is every bit as a good as Hussey IMO (Hussey higher average due to a lot of not outs, in terms of innings runs I think they are equal, if not leaning towards Pietersen). Brett Lee 41pts & Over 1.83 365 In his last 4 bowling innings at the MCG, he has taken 3 wickets, 3 wickets, 2 wickets and 5 wickets (1 abandoned match where only Aus batted). In the game he took just 2 wickets, he took a catch. In the event he only takes 2 wickets here, there is a chance he could get the last pt from either a catch or with the bat, more likely if Australia bat first. Lee is a better ODI bowler than test bowler and I feel the nature of the 50 over game really plays to Lee's style of bowling. --VOIDED-- Andrew Symonds Man of the Match 8.50 365 Symo has 2 man of the match awards when playing at the MCG in his last 5-6 games, with scores of 91 and 88 in those matches. The man can be damaging with the bat, will often pick up wickets and is explosive in the field. He's an ODI superstar and given his record of performing and picking up awards here, I feel this makes for good value, even if he is the favourite. Most Batsman dismissed by Runout - England 3.00 Centrebet Australia have some very sharp fieldsman who are good at hitting the timber. Ponting and Symonds are all round exceptional fieldsmen, and when it comes to finding the target there is nobody better than Michael Clarke. England are down at the moment, and when you are down little things go against you, and run outs are certainly one of them. Also I feel there is a possibility that if England bat first Australia will chase few runs, resulting in few run outs. Generally speaking I expect Australia to have less dismissals, as well as better run out creators.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Cameron White Top Aussie Bat @ 17.0 (EW:1/4 1,2,3) Boyles I think there is value here especially with the e/w. Capable of getting lots of runs, He was 40 n.o last time around so he has the capability. He hit 4 sixes and a 4 from 20 balls so the boy can do it.. 3pt E/W P Nixon Top England Bat @ 13.0 I'll probably get slaughtered for this as he's not everybody's favourite...(sorry Kevshat) but I do believe that he is a good batsman. Id expect him to come out before Dalrymple again tomorrow morning and at 12/1 represents a bet for me. He was not out in the first and is not the type who will get caught with a run out or do anything silly. To me he's a better chance to get a bigger score than Dalrymple, who is similiarly priced. 3pts E/W

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International I have a separate post for tomorrow's match, but here I will place my series bets: Shane Bond Most Wickets (excludes finals) 13.00 TAB Sportsbet NSW What can I say? These odds are HUGE imo. I've actually had a considerably larger stake on this one purely because I feel it is such great value. Australia may rest players throughout the series including Lee, who I think is deserved favourite. However Bond was here in Australia a few years ago and in the round robin matches took 20 wickets!!! At odds of 13 all I can say is that this is value.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International NEWS: Brett Lee out of First Two ODI Matches http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/bug-puts-lee-out-of-first-two-matches/2007/01/10/1168105052270.html That voids my Brett Lee player performance bet, but it makes the Shane Bond bet look even better! I'm going to have to go in again before prices are cut!

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Adding to the series bets: Australian Top Wicket Taker - Series (Excluding Finals): Mitchell Johnson 9.00 TAB Sportsbet NSW Showed some great potential in recent ODIs most notably taking 4 wickets against India. With Lee out I imagine selections will want a genuine quick man in the side and that only leaves Mitchell Johnson. Still a small stakes bet (unlike Bond, which I've probably gone too big on), but worth the value, and a different way to try and cash in on this Brett Lee news. Mosts Runs in Series (Excluding Finals): Andrew Symonds 17.00 TAB Sportsbet NSW Symonds as I said earlier is a One Day superstar who can demolish attacks. He will bat at #5 this series behind Michael Clarke and in front of Michael Hussey. He's played some stellar innings in recent times, a lot of them in Australia. Most bookies have him closer to 13, and even on Betfair he can be layed at 15.5, so the odds of 17 I feel are good value. Think that will be it for series bets. Everytime I look around I keep putting a little bit more on Bond, which can't be healthy anymore :lol

P Nixon Top England Bat @ 13.0 I'll probably get slaughtered for this as he's not everybody's favourite...(sorry Kevshat) but I do believe that he is a good batsman. Id expect him to come out before Dalrymple again tomorrow morning and at 12/1 represents a bet for me. He was not out in the first and is not the type who will get caught with a run out or do anything silly. To me he's a better chance to get a bigger score than Dalrymple, who is similiarly priced. 3pts E/W
Think you're getting Nixon mixed up with Jones mate. I've absolutely no problem with Nixon at all. I think he's a very good player and he may well be my top bat bet.

I have a separate post for tomorrow's match, but here I will place my series bets: Shane Bond Most Wickets (excludes finals) 13.00 TAB Sportsbet NSW What can I say? These odds are HUGE imo. I've actually had a considerably larger stake on this one purely because I feel it is such great value. Australia may rest players throughout the series including Lee, who I think is deserved favourite. However Bond was here in Australia a few years ago and in the round robin matches took 20 wickets!!! At odds of 13 all I can say is that this is value.
Good odds mate but don't forget in the series with Sri Lanka, New Zealand used a rotational policy and I'm pretty sure they'll do the same here so Bond's unlikely to play every game. As is everyone though so 12/1 is still a good price. Good luck mate :ok

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Cheers Kev. I am hoping that NZ will get into a dogfight with England and will not have the luxury of resting Bond. As you say though, he should be in the same boat as everyone else. 24 wickets in 7 games vs Australia is what hooked me though...probably more than I should have been.

Cheers Kev. I am hoping that NZ will get into a dogfight with England and will not have the luxury of resting Bond. As you say though' date=' he should be in the same boat as everyone else. 24 wickets in 7 games vs Australia is what hooked me though...probably more than I should have been.[/quote'] You've every chance mate, I mean NZ will make the final so he'll get the extra 2-3 matches which the England players won't get but given how close the World Cup is, this series won't be classed as important so whatever situation they are in if they need to rest him they will. He's perfectly suited to these wickets though.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Unfortunately it actually excludes finals, but I think that is a bonus. I see Brett Lee as his main rival (Lee is a much better ODI player than test player IMO). Removing the finals games and a chance for him [Lee] to catch up I think is a positive. For today's match, I'm adding another bet in place of the Brett Lee bet, which will be voided: Adam Gilchrist Player Score 0-30runs @ 2.10 Centrebet In 25 matches at the MCG, he has scored over 30 runs just 6 times. It is a better price than under 53pts in his player performance, plus it removes the worry of having to worry about early caught behind catches when England bat, or Flintoff/Pietersen/Collingwood getting stumped.

Unfortunately it actually excludes finals' date=' but I think that is a bonus. I see Brett Lee as his main rival (Lee is a much better ODI player than test player IMO). Removing the finals games and a chance for him [Lee'] to catch up I think is a positive. For today's match, I'm adding another bet in place of the Brett Lee bet, which will be voided: Adam Gilchrist Player Score 0-30runs @ 2.10 Centrebet In 25 matches at the MCG, he has scored over 30 runs just 6 times. It is a better price than under 53pts in his player performance, plus it removes the worry of having to worry about early caught behind catches when England bat, or Flintoff/Pietersen/Collingwood getting stumped.
Lee being out for the 1st 2 matches helps. Good luck with this Gilchrist bet mate, given the youthful nature of the England bowling attack though I think he could rip us apart a la Tuesday :sad .

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International This is the final series bet I will have antepost: Most Runs (Series) for England - Kevin Pietersen 3.25 Centrebet Pietersen is light years ahead of every other Englishman IMO, particularly in ODIs. 3.25 is great value as I don't see who will challenge him, with perhaps the exception of Flintoff.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Heading down to the game today and should be absolutely electrifying with 80,000+ expected. Im hoping England win the toss and bat first so Australia can wrap it up by 8pm and i get over to Telstra Dome to watch Melbourne Victory play in the A-League Soccer, but we can only dream. I like Kevin Pieterson to be Englands highest run scorer in their innings at $4.50 as he has been very good all season in the tests. My other bet will be for England to win the toss at $1.92, a win here will mean double the amount of beers Pick Kevein Pieterson Englands Highest Scorer at $4.50 - (2/10) Pick England to Win the Toss at $1.92 - (5/10)

I like Kevin Pieterson to be Englands highest run scorer in their innings at $4.50 as he has been very good all season in the tests. My other bet will be for England to win the toss at $1.92' date= a win here will mean double the amount of beers
That's the shortest price you'll see all Summer for England to win something :lol

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Ok lets get some bets down. 4 outrights for me. 5pts A.Gilchrist Top Australia Series Batsman 7/2 Skybet Adam Gilchrist is a class act and as destructive as they come in this form of the game too. He has good records against both these sides and will enjoy the pace both new ball attacks bring him. Given England's poor ODI form and NZ's rotational policy Australia may well sew up a few routs in which case Gilchrist opening all the time will give him more opportunity than most. He's a run machine at the top of the order and he'll do for me as a top bat. 2pts ew M.Vaughan Top England Series Bat 6/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) What can we say about England's captain that isn't already known? 1st let's cover the negative. His knee may not be up to playing in all 8 matches so he may only play 5-6 games but the positives are he's quite clearly England's classiest batsman and looked in good nick on Tuesday. I've not seen a batting performance like his in Australia 4 years ago and if he can reproduce even 50% of that form here I'll be ok. 1pt ew R.Taylor Top Series Bat 22/1 Blue Square (1/4 1,2,3,4) I really liked the look of this guy in the recent series against Sri Lanka. He looks like a positive cricketer who backed down from nothing and likes to take the challenge to the bowlers. World Cup places are up for grabs for these Kiwi players and a good series here will get Taylor into the squad for that. Unlike England's players he'll get the extra couple of matches in the final and a couple of big scores could well put him in the mix. Massive odds for a number 3 batsman so I'll take my chances. 3pts ew G.McGrath Top Series Bowler 10/1 Stan James (1/4 1,2,3,4) Glenn McGrath enters the swansong of his career in seemingly good nick as he was at it's beginning. He'll bowl exactly when we need him to in this series, at the start and the death of each innings. By bowling at the death he can pick up some of the cheap wickets on offer and by opening the bowling, with there not being a better new ball bowler around, wickets are sure to come. I think Pigeon will play a major role in this side before he says goodbye.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Highest Opening Partnership Got to go with form for my 1st bet and thats for the highest opening partnership. Aus have a solid experienced pair leading them out with Gilchrist and Hayden outstanding in this form of the game. England without Trescothick are a lot weaker than in previous years and should be found wanting at the top of the order Australia @ 1.61 betfred Top Eng Batsmen He landed the bet in the 20/20 and I see no reason why he can't get a placing here. Middlesex's Jamie Dalrymple is a solid if unspectacular batsmen. He thrived in a struggling side last season and values his wicket. If England do and they easily can lose their top order early then expect the selection to have plenty of overs to play with. Jamie Dalrymple 1pt EW @ 13 ladbrokes 1/5 123 Top Aus Bat Michael Clarke on his day is an explosive batsmen and for me is a better ODI batsmen than a test batsmen. He was promoted a while ago to open the innings but has now found his place in the middle order. He will probably come in 5 with Hussey coming in after him. If he gets the chance to show his ability then I expect him to grab it with both hands and secure his place for the forthcoming World Cup. Michael Clarke 2pts EW @ 8 coral 1/5 123

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International 1st ODI. 10pts England +4.5 wickets/49.5 runs to beat Australia 10/11 Sporting Odds Australia come into this match having won all 6 matches with England in the summer but they've got a pretty big handicap to overturn here. England have been competitive at times this summer but when push comes to shove we've not quite made the races. Australia will be without Brett Lee. In comes Nathan Bracken and Stuart Clark. Michael Clarke will bat at number 4 with Symonds and Hussey in after him. Cameron White's got the number 7 berth but after that is a long tail. Hayden has got the openers gig alongside Gilchrist for now. England won't make too many changes from the Twenty20 side, most likely only Strauss in for Joyce. That gives them a middle order of Pietersen, Bell, Collingwood, Nixon and Dalrymple. That gives Fletcher some depth at number 8 so the makeup of England's side is good. Anderson will get the new ball with Jon Lewis - England's steady eddie backing he and Flintoff up. Monty will play which gives England another wicket taking option. Recently in the Champions Trophy, despite England picking the wrong side again, we had Australia on the rack despite only posting 169. At one stage they was tottering at 34/3 so England can get themselves into good positions even in a form of the game that they don't excel in. It's a day night game which should make the game closer and I think England will be safe enough with this start. 10pts N.Bracken's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. This guys a seriously good bowler, left arm swing bowler who troubles all batsmen. He takes lots of wickets in this form of the game and should have a good series here. He enjoys bowling to right handers of which England are mainly full of. 2 wickets covers us here but if he doesn't take 2 wickets then he can wield the willow and even take a catch or two. I like the over here. 10pts A.Gilchrist's Performance Pts 53&Over 4/5 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Adam Gilchrist comes into this match in good form with bat and gloves. I expect him to come close to covering this total with the bat but with the likes of Clark and McGrath's accurate bowling there's every chance he'll pick up a catch or two. Cameron White and Andrew Symonds will throw down a few spinners so he could even pick up a stumping. So many ways of covering this but however he does it I'm not fussed, I'm confident he will cover it though. 10pts A.Strauss to beat K.Pietersen 11/10 Bet365 Andrew Strauss as hit 4 half-centuries in his last 7 ODI's and looks to be progressing nicely as opener for his country in this form of the game. He's very happy to go after the bowling early doors and take advantage of the fielding restrictions. He hit 56 in the Champions Trophy match with Australia and will fancy his chances of beating his fellow South-African born teammate. Pietersen will be targetted by the Aussies, he's a very good one day batsman but he can be picked up early. Strauss will bat in the better conditions and could be away and gone when KP bats. Good value here is Strauss.