Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Fcuk me, I really should get me a Boylesports account - actually, I think I do, but I never deposited because they didn't do AUD. Lee line looks better and I've been shopping around for best price on Ponting high bat. I'll settle for the Sportingbet price for now I guess. 5pts Ponting Hi Bat @ 4 Sportingbet I'm going to kill myself if Ponting gets a century, as the ton or bust spread bet looks really tasty.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Dont like that. Australia are starting to mess around too much with the line up. No need to throw in a player who hasn't played all series.
Do you mean Hogg or Watson? I like the inclusion of Hogg - I think he will be a key asset on the Windies pitches. As for Watson, well the selectors LOVE him. They seem hellbent on finding an all-rounder and they seem fixed on the idea that is him, and for the next few years or so I think they'll continue selecting with this belief regardless of it's effect on performance.

Sorry' date=' I meant Watson. White is performing well. I think Australias search for a superior all rounder is hindering them a bit.[/quote'] I like the guy, though I do love a Queenslander. I think selectors have seen the Flintoff example and feel it justifies their continued selection of Watson. He probably is the most classical type of all-rounder in the country but whether he is fully up to International standard is a tough one to call as he has been injured so often - a fact that in itself should be of concern.

I've seen plenty of Shane Watson. I think he's a quality cricketer. IMO he's in a different league to Cameron White who really and truly is just a big hitter.
My biggest question mark over Watson would have to be his bowling abilities in the test arena. I've not really seen him move the ball enough to suggest he can trouble batsman with the red ball. First over has 3 runs with Gillie hitting the stumps, to that's 1 losing bet already. Of course, Hayden hit 8 runs the next over :lol

My biggest question mark over Watson would have to be his bowling abilities in the test arena. I've not really seen him move the ball enough to suggest he can trouble batsman with the red ball.
He probably won't in Australia because he never gets the new nut. He's swung it over here though. He doesn't need to move it around too much anyway because he's got pace and he's skiddy. I don't think he's that far away from being in the side as a batsman alone tbh.

He probably won't in Australia because he never gets the new nut. He's swung it over here though. He doesn't need to move it around too much anyway because he's got pace and he's skiddy. I don't think he's that far away from being in the side as a batsman alone tbh.
Agreed on the batting. He's a very good strokemaker and he played some great innings for Queensland in the domestic summer last year. He's definitely viewed as a bit of a golden prospect by selectors over here and it does help him get into teams and squads a little easier IMO. As a fan I'm not really going to complain, but I can certainly see why others might.

Agreed on the batting. He's a very good strokemaker and he played some great innings for Queensland in the domestic summer last year. He's definitely viewed as a bit of a golden prospect by selectors over here and it does help him get into teams and squads a little easier IMO. As a fan I'm not really going to complain' date=' but I can certainly see why others might.[/quote'] He played some superb innings for us over here too. He's a cricketer I like, I can see why some may not like him but he's everything you need as an all rounder IMO. Quality strokeplay, not afraid to give it a whack either, pace with his bowling and he's a top notch fielder.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Interesting squad for Australia's quick set of ODIs in NZ. Ponting and Gilchrist will both rest as Hussey captains the side that has Haddin as keeper and Michael Clarke as vice captain. The omission of Stuart Clark is quite interesting as well. Squad: Michael Hussey ©, Michael Clarke (vc), Nathan Bracken, Brad Haddin, Matthew Hayden, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Glenn McGrath, Adam Voges, Shane Watson, Cameron White

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International I'm getting vibes that this might not be my day. 1st Ponting loses by 7 to Hayden and then 2 short of his performance Clarke runs like a twat and gets himself run out :eyes . Long way to go though so hopefully it swings my way in the 2nd half :ok

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Not a great day for me. Nixon came close and failed, as did Ponting with the hi bat. Australian overs 2 through 4 had 7+ runs but not the first. Lee and Ponting player performance came in though, and Ponting didn't get a century, so I need not hurl myself off a bridge. Nice performance from England though. With Pietersen to return you guys might just be onto something. Any chance you'll take Hoggard to the World Cup? He strikes me as the type of bowler who might be better suited to the wickets, at least compared to say Tremlett or Mahmood.

4/6 on the night. 20.6pt profit :ok
Nice work Kev. Pity about the Ponting bet. :spank List of bets for today's game (Will update as I go); 5pts Mal Loye player score Under 31 Runs @ 1.62 Centrebet Very poor series really. Has a couple of good shots but seems to struggle against the Aussies. 2pts Nathan Bracken Most Series Wickets (Including Finals) @ 5.8 Betfair After the success of the Bond bet I have again looked for value. Flintoff, Lee and McGrath all have 11 wickets whilst Bracken has 10. Plunkett and Johnson and I think Panesar too have 9 wickets, but for me it is a four horse race between the 4 quickies. Bracken is a great One Day Bowler and whilst he's not in the same class as Lee, there is no reason he can't take the most wickets in the Australian bowling innings. Providing Flintoff takes one less too, then at the very least we'll get a dead heat. To me I look at this bet as Bracken to take the most wickets in the Australian Innings and 1 more than Freddie. Odds of 5.8 for this bet look good to me. 1pt Liam Plunkett England Hi bat @ 101 Centrebet I know England have improved, but I wouldn't discount them returning to their humiliating worse. Plunkett is IMO the best of the English tail and considering he was 25-1 last game I think this is value. I hear that there is some rain forecast for the game. Not sure how to exploit this bit of info yet though.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Rain around in Sydney and there's so much cricket today so only 3 bets for me. Backing England outright because handicap will be voided if the match is settled by D/L. 5pts England to win 2nd final 4.70 Expekt England lead the best of 3 finals series 1-0 and a win here gives them the Commonwealth Bank trophy. Australia must win to take the bandwagon to Adelaide on Tuesday. Having seen both sides 10 times in the series there's not a lot I need to say really that I've not said in previous writeup's. Australia are likely to be unchanged for the game while England could bring in Stuart Broad for extra control with their bowling is they see the conditions are right. Australia were poor on Friday. England won a shade easier than the scoreboard shows and have the momentum of 3 wins on the trot. I said on Friday I think the loss of Symonds is vital and it showed, especially in the field. England are on a roll and in a match likely to be rain interrupted are the value call if Messers Duckworth and Lewis make an appearance. 10pts A.Gilchrist's Performance Pts Under 52 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Adam Gilchrist is simply in no form whatsoever. Last time he played here he was cleaned up by Plunkett with the 1st ball of the innings. In his last few innings he's looked like a walking wicket. Although he's the up and down sort of player who can easily spank a ton having looked completely out of form I don't think it's going to be here where the ball will swing if there's rain around. Given that there's rain around the match may not be 50 overs which limits catching chances. Although Hogg looks likely to play I don't see a stumping coming along as England will play him from their crease. With no form to speak of 52 is a huge target and 1 I feel is too high for Gilly here. 5pts R.Ponting Top Australia Bat 3/1 Bet365 Ricky Ponting continued the good form I spoke about with a fluent run a ball 75 on Friday. He looks so confident in this series and another big score has to be expected. If the match is shortened because of rain that will mean many of his rivals may not bat or will have to sacrifice their wicket and with Ponting in such glorious form I take him to top score for the Aussies.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International That's a good point about the English playing Hogg from the crease. Was contemplating the Gilchrist unders and you have me sold! 5pts Gilchrist Under 51pts @ 1.83 Bet365 What Kev Said :) D/L matches are bit new to me (from a betting sense) so I'll restrict the bets. I'm sure there is a way to take advantage but I'm not really sure. Have a match ratings system I have in my so might look for angles on that during the match.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Was thinking about your Bracken top wickets bet Crouch. Bracken is really inconsistent, he will either take 3 wickets or 1 or none. I fancy Mcgrath to make a comeback this match after his humiliating effort last match. He is a very proud person and wont dare end his career with a poor performance. Or so I hope :)

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Ok, 1 more :) 1pt Shane Watson MOTM @ 15 Bet365 I feel conditions might play into his hands a bit. No great logic to it, but it's just a hunch I have (like Arsenal winning 7-0 tonight!). Most of my hunches end up with bookies cashing but I always like to following through with them.

Was thinking about your Bracken top wickets bet Crouch. Bracken is really inconsistent' date=' he will either take 3 wickets or 1 or none. I fancy Mcgrath to make a comeback this match after his humiliating effort last match. He is a very proud person and wont dare end his career with a poor performance. Or so I hope :)[/quote'] I certainly wouldn't rule that out Koi. In fact I thought similar things, but the odds on offer didn't look great and the Bracken price stood out. Somehow I've managed to come out of this series with a profit so I'm quite happy - at one point it was looking disastrous!

Was thinking about your Bracken top wickets bet Crouch. Bracken is really inconsistent' date=' he will either take 3 wickets or 1 or none. I fancy Mcgrath to make a comeback this match after his humiliating effort last match. He is a very proud person and wont dare end his career with a poor performance. Or so I hope :)[/quote'] I agree. Given that this could be his last ODI in his home country (and it's on his home patch) I expect Pidg to have a good game tonight. Conditions will suit Bracken though but given I'm on McGrath outright, I hope he takes any wickets to fall! Sorry Crouchy ;)

I agree. Given that this could be his last ODI in his home country (and it's on his home patch) I expect Pidg to have a good game tonight. Conditions will suit Bracken though but given I'm on McGrath outright' date=' I hope he takes any wickets to fall! Sorry Crouchy ;)[/quote'] I've more than used up my luck/wishes with Shane Bond. You certainly deserve to get some luck - your picks have been quite good this series :ok

I've more than used up my luck/wishes with Shane Bond. You certainly deserve to get some luck - your picks have been quite good this series :ok
Cheers mate. Been a good series. I think I'm somewhere near 70pts up for the series so would be nice to finish it off with hopefully 1 or 2 if needs be good games. Turned out well for yourself as well. Top work fella :ok

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International England 1 Ed Joyce, 2 Mal Loye, 3 Ian Bell, 4 Andrew Strauss, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Andrew Flintoff (capt), 7 Jamie Dalrymple, 8 Paul Nixon (wk), 9 Liam Plunkett, 10 Sajid Mahmood, 11 Monty Panesar. Australia 1 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 2 Matthew Hayden, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Clarke, 5 Brad Hodge, 6 Michael Hussey, 7 Shane Watson, 8 Brad Hogg, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Nathan Bracken, 11 Glenn McGrath. England win toss and bat