** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventBenfica v FCK
SelectionUnder 2.5 Goals
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.69 (Back)
ReasoningI think this will be a tight game as neither team wants to make a silly mistake and give Celtic breathing space. The Benfica coach has promised to go for goals, well he's hardly going to say anything else is he? FCK are no more than an average team in my book, but that applies to Benfica too for me, they are hardly setting the world alight in Portugal. So, I see a cagey match ahead and I'll be very surprised to see 3 goals in it, as FCK will defend and they do defend pretty well, you have to give them that. Under 2.5 goals for me.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godd evening everybody! The weather sucks in Greece these days!!! I'm happy to be a member in this forum. I'm a footbal fun and moreover of Olympiakos here in Greece. I saw the games for Champions league tonight and seem very tough. AEK Athens plays against AC Milan. I wouldn't go for win, draw or loss. Al possible to that apart from their game operation. AEK made its "first" win against Lille 3 weeks ago and has a problem in the development of its game especially with tough oppenents.Also AEK has not good striker. Delimbasic came from Mayorka but he doesn't play good enough and only Limperopoulos can do something but he is not a pure striker.He is more like a midfielder. The good thing with AEK is that its defensive tactic seems to be quite effective. Don't forget the game is against Italian team. The Italians usually don't score a lot of goals away their home. So my pick will be under 2.5 goals The other game for tonight is Benfica against Kopenhagen. Benfica must win so it has hope for next round. So my pick will be win for Benfica. Cheers......:ok
:welcome to PL, Samis.:ok

why don't you put your house and car on Steaua then bozz? :\
I always like ur predictions in Romany. But y u don't like Steaua tonight ? Az everybody said , Dinamo Kiev will play with new lineup tonight. And IMO , in most of games like this , When a team is try to play with new lineup , then they will show a worse performance. Beacuse it will take times to match these players together. (example for Exception: Palermo 0-1 Newcastle) Also Kiev missed an important player for tonight. So dear Archaeus , why Steaua(-0.5) is not ok ?

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov AEK Athen v AC Milan Milan play a better football , and in a higher class. The only danger here is DRAW. If KAKA play for Milan tonight , then the chances for the win of Milan will be high enough and i will bet on Milan(-0.5) I searched on the net , and it seems that KAKA will play.

EventArsenal - Hamburg
SelectionHamburg +1.75 (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningArsenal is playing good football in my opinion but they have problems scoring goals. I don't know if it's bad luck or some curse but in Cska match I couldn't believe my eyes. They couldn't beat poor Newcastle at home which could cause low- morale for today. Also rosicky is probably not playing and Van Persie has just recovered from injury. Hamburg were still not looking good against mainz and they got not much of a goal against Arsenal. But the motivation of playing against Arsenal should be high and after all they are not a joke team. I think this bet is value.

EventReal Madrid - Olympique Lyonnais
SelectionReal Madrid (-0.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.96 (Back)
ReasoningReal Madrid seem to be getting on the track with Capello and their transfers. Although they fail sometimes they are mostly better than last year and improving day by day. Lyon trashed them last time and they would want revenge here mostly and also the first place in the group. Lyon will miss cacapa, wiltord, fred, govou and benzema. With this forward injuries I think Lyon won't be motivated here and they will lack confidence. Their only goal chance will be carew header from a corner or a Juninho free-kick. I think Real will do the job and good odds too.

EventCeltic - Manchester United
SelectionCeltic (+0.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.81 (Back)
ReasoningCeltic must win this match and they are playing against Manchester United who they almost beat away so there will be a high motivation for them. In Europe they have a great home advantage. teams hardly get three points here. Actually I would want to be there as a Celtic fan because I believe they will create a great atmosphere and push their team forward. Manchester on the other hand is not taking this match very seriously because they have a chelsea game which is extremely important. I think players and also ferguson are thinking about that match and Celtic will punish them for that.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Steue Bukarest - Dynamo Kiev
Selection Over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning Again not time for a lot of review, but I'd give this bet about 50 % chance of going through, giving a betvalue of 105 %. Happy punting!

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Real Madrid - lyon
Selection Lyon
Strength 10/10
Date 21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning Don't have time for a proper write-up, but these two teams seem evenly contested to me, with a slight advantage to Real Madrid as they are on their own field. My ratings would be about 40-30-30 giving a betvalue of 135 % Happy punting

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Hi All, Some conflicting opinions but all very constructive. However we need to remind ourselves of the motivation factor 1. who really needs the win 2. How many goals do they need to score Can anyone appraise me of the current standings and who needs what. Medics :unsure

EventReal M- O.Lion
SelectionHome win
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>betfair @2.1
Reasoning : Real need a win, they are in up trend and Lion is in smal crisis . Lion will go to Madrid without ofence, and they will defend. But even with 1:0 , Lion will be happy becose they will be first in the group. Lion is not playing good when defend and i think Real will win probably 1:0

EventCeltic - Manchester United
Selectionlay M.United
Strength7/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.18
ReasoningCeltic is in situation must win and in other hand MU will be happy with a draw. MU will play derby game with Chelsea next week and i think they will not giving to much presure to Celtic.Also Celtic have great home advantage and so few teams in the world beet Celtic at home.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Two bets for me this evening firstly Man United at Celtic Park they will go for the win to secure passage to the next stage and have the skills required to cause Celtic some damage. The second bet is over on the bookings as hopefully the pace of Ronaldo and Giggs will cause the Celtic defence major problems. Ps "Celtic are always cheated in Europe" as always sensibleboy a tremendous post!!!!!

EventWerder - Chelsea
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterweten @ 2.4
ReasoningWerder is strong at home , they are in litle crisis right now , and in the other hand there is Chelsea who will play without Drogba. Fact is Chelsea can calculate with this one and let Werder to win . It is crazy maybe but Murinho simply hate Barca and they are great threat for Chelsea and why not to eliminate them now .Perfect oportunity. PS beetwen us ...i am great supporter of Chelsea. Chears

CSKA Moscow 0 - FC Porto 2, The Under is a winner, congrats although it was very very close, Porto very impressive
indeed and due to the fact I have to go to school I didn't bet on that match. :sad I hate some aspects of my life.

EventValencia - Olimpiakos
SelectionOlimpiakos win
Strength2/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterweten @ 6.5
Reasoningvalencia is already qualificated . They have log list of injured players and what is more important important game this weekend with Real Madrid . Olimpiacos is mediocre team but if i look for surprise in all of games which will be played today and tomorow this is my pick . Price is nice and i will take Olimpiacos becose they will be more motivated team .

EventValencia - Olimpiakos
Selectionhalf time x full time 2 (x-2 )
X/G 14,00
Strength2/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterweten @ 14.00
Reasoningvalencia is already qualificated . They have log list of injured players and what is more important important game this weekend with Real Madrid . Olimpiacos is mediocre team but if i look for surprise in all of games which will be played today and tomorow this is my pick . Price is nice and i will take Olimpiacos becose they will be more motivated team . I think guest can score one lucky goal from corner or something like that, in the second half and thats will be it.

EventAEK v AC Milan
SelectionCorrect Score: 1-0
Strength3/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 11.50 (Back)
ReasoningAEK is very confident after their 1-0 victory over Lille and a win against Milan puts them in the discussion for the second place in the group. Emerson to score the victory goal.
:clap Nice work mate.:ok

Benfica - FC Kopenhagen Benfica hosting FC Kopenhagen in maybe crucial match for both teams. Benfica is of course favourite as they are playing in front of their fans, and I guess they should win this match. First match in Denmark finished 0:0. I expect a narrow win of Benfica, something like 1:0 or 2:1. I don't rate them high, but they should have enough power to break this side from Denmark, which imo did enough so far... Just to mention they managed to beat Man Utd at home in last round, but away from home they are much weaker, and I think they will be oriented on defence tonight so yet another reason for tight game and Benfica prevailing slightly. So pick Benfica to win with one goal margine, Nordicbet @3.6. And little cover on 3:1 correct score just in case, betfair @18. GL~
Outstanding CS prediction Kamei.:clap

EventAEK v AC Milan
SelectionAEK
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.60 (Back)
ReasoningAC Milan lost 3 of their last 4 games in Serie A. AEK has 6 straight wins in Greece League' date= scoring an average of 4 goals in their last 3 matches. An AEK win will not be a surprise cause they are very confident and won last CL match against Lille and they have a chance of going through the group stage.
Another quality pick mate, well done.:clap