** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventReal Madrid v Lyon
Selectionlay Real Madrid (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.20 (Lay)
ReasoningLyon beat MAdrid lto and are going well in the champ league still although Madrid are also I feel Lyon are a very strong team and are one of the favs to win it outright. Wouldn't suprise me if Lyon knicked this or a draw. Lyon are a team not to be messed with imo.
I agree with Lyon. They have a strong side and still do not get the respect they deserve. And from Capello, "The crucial thing is that we have qualified. Of course it's important that we beat Lyon but it's not fundamental." This sounds like a match headed for a draw.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE STEAUA BUCHAREST V DYNAMO KIEV PICK: Dynamo Kiev 12/5 DNB at bluesq Strength 7/10 Dynamo were embarrased by their showing in the first matchday against Steaua, they are determined not to let it happen again. Rebrov will probably miss the game, but other players are still capable. After all, Dynamo are top of the Ukrainian league,a league which contains the powerful Shakhtar. They also don't feel the need to win 4-0 as many people have talked about, since they believe they have a chance against Real Madrid in matchday 6. I look at Dynamo's teamsheet and I don't believe they are so bad, I believe they can beat Steaua and this belief was further strengthened by our Romainian freinds report on the previous page.
It would be common sense to pick Steaua seeing they beat Kiev at home. Steaua on there home soil, packed crowd & minus rebrov for Kiev is a sure bet for Steaua!

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov I saw some views about Stiaua-Dinamo I wouldn't touch this game personally. i have some feelings this game can gow all possible ways. only banker for me is Lille for first think. will check others later.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Hi guys...I think a good bet for tonight is Aek-Milan:1X double chance! I am fromm greece and i know that Aek is in a very very good form! I know Milan is always Milan...Big team.....BUT I saw Milan against Emboli last Satarday and was terrible!!!!!!!!! In conclusion I believe that Aek can win or draw this difficult game...in The stadium will be more than 55000 fans.....12th player for Aek......So.....For me Aek-Milan:1X Other Bets for me are: Real Madrid.............1(Real is a very very big Team....Very good form in last games) Lille.........1(I saw Lille twice against Aek and according to these games Lille is a very good team especially at home...Anderlecht is nothing important for me) Thats all guys...GL Lille.............1

EventBenfica v FC Kobenhavn
SelectionBenfica -1.0 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.02 (Back)
ReasoningBenfica must win this game to have a chance of continuing in an European Cup. After the defeat last Saturday against Braga (3-1), and the critics of Benfica's President where he said "I saw a few boys running after the ball" the team is ready to show everyone that they can do better. Playing at home, Benfica will win this game by 2-0.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov My humble opinion about Real - Lyon game. I think that Real will win this game with at least two goals margin. Looking at the players that Lyon are missing, and the unexpected goalscoring record of Real (even Capello must be surpised) this is a clear HW for me. Gut tells me that i have to try the: handicap result: Real to win (-1) @ 4.33 Bet365 Real straight win @ 2.05 Expekt Real clean sheet @ 2.3 Betfred CS 3-0 @ 21 Expekt I know i dont have much statistics to strenghten my picks, but the gut feeling (which i am relying more and more upon) tells me that Lyon will be properly beaten in Madrid. Please dont nail me to the cross - i am just expressing what i think about the game.

I am also on REAL MADRID. I have an impression that the Spanish takes this game more seriously. We will see for sure the first eleven of Real while Houllier is considering some changes -> Sidney Govou, Sylvain Wiltord, Claudio Cacapa, Karim Benzema and Fred are all missing for the trip to Real, but young striker Gregory Bettiol has been added to the Lyon squad for the first time in Europe. The 20-year-old Bettiol said on Lyon's website: ``It's great, especially because I wasn't expecting it at all. Real Madrid? It's unbelievable.''
Agree with you DJ. I think it'll be a case of waiting to see what sort of line ups both sides put out. With them both qualifying they can afford to rest players. I would have thought though revenge must be going through the minds of Real in this one. They've already suffered defeat to Lyon and surely they would want to amend that infront of their own fans. Also don't clubs receive prize money depending on how many games they win and points they pick up and would finishing top of the group give them an easier passage in the next stages of the comp. Surely then there's still plenty to play for. Goodluck everyone.....:ok

Celtic home record from last 25 European games is Won 19' date=' Drawn 5, Lost 1. There's no value in Man Utd.[/quote'] Totally agree and with Utd having lost six of their last 10 Champions League encounters on the road Im gonna go for a draw and over 2.5 goals.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov CSKA Moscow - Porto CSKA hosting Porto in maybe crucial match for both teams. Russian team won the championship in the weekend and now they can concentrate for this game. But are they totally concentrated? Did they celebrate the win in Russia? Porto have good record with CSKA, and never lost in their 3 games till now. They actually won 1:0 in the same matchup few years back. Everything points out to a tough game again with low goals, but something tells me it's not gona be like that... I think we will see an early goal after which team which is loosing will start to play much more ofensively and give everything to score as this is crucial match for both teams. I will LAY Under 1.5 goals, betfair @2.6. And little bet also on 2:2 correct score, just a hunch, betfair @28. GL~

Can't believe the odds on Celtic :eek They put up a good showing at Old Trafford in the first fixture and they have an excellent home record in Europe over recent seasons, gotta have a decent chance of overturning Man U here. Need to check on team news etc first, but very tempted at those odds.
Well, time to put my money where my mouth has been... Celtic v Man Utd Had a proper look into this game now and Celtic's home record in Europe is even better than I thought it was, with Barcelona the only team to have beaten them at home in recent memory. I appreciate that a lot of the best results were achieved under O'Neill, but they've won both home games so far this season (3-0 against Benfica & 1-0 against Copenhagen) and this sort of match with its 'local derby' atmosphere should suit them down to a tee. On top of this, Man United's performances in the cup competitions this season hasn't come close to matching their imperious form in the league, and with the huge game against Chelsea coming up and a final home fixture against Benfica as a safety net, there's a chance they could be just a little distracted tonight. I could still see a draw or even a Man U win, but the price on Celtic represents value that is too good to turn down so a modest 20 point bet on the home win @ 4.3 (BetFair). Lille v Anderlecht This is a must-win game for the French - currently second in Group L, just 1 point ahead of Athens and with a tough away trip to runaway leaders Milan in their final game, anything less than 3 points tonight would put the pressure on with Athens due to visit Anderlecht in their final game. Their home form has been good thus far, holding Milan to goalless draw and seeing off Athens 3-1, and I fancy them to do the job with something to spare here. Not much value to be had in the price, so it's a punt on the Asian Handicap for me - Lille (-1) @ 1.98, also BetFair (30 points). Arsenal v Hamburg Not a lot to be said here - I fancy Arsenal will win this at a canter. The Germans have lost four from four so far, including 3-1 & 4-1 reverses home and away against Porto, and they are languishing in 17th place in the Bundesliga with just one win from 13 games. Again, there's no value in a straight punt on Arsenal, so will take the Handicap - Arsenal (-2) @ 2.24 and also Arsenal HT/FT @ 1.64. 15 points on each with BetFair.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov REAL MADRID v LYON

Real never won against Lyon in the 3 games played in these two seasons: two victories for Lyon and one draw. In the Group E of the Champions League, the French team is already qualified to the next round while Real has a advantage of 6 points over Steaua Bucarest. With a victory with a big wining margin Real can reach the first place. If Real is a team that can have difficulties against weak teams, it is also capable to beat the best teams in the world as confirmed by the match played against Barcelona some weeks ago. Fabio Capello will not have David Beckham, Ronaldo and Cicinho in the starting line-up while Fabio Cannavaro is questionable. On the French side Gérard Houllier will miss Sylvain Wiltord, Fred, Sydney Govou and Karim Benzema. Probable line-ups: REAL MADRID – Casillas, Ramos, Helguera, Cannavaro, Roberto Carlos, Emerson, Diarra, Guti, Robinho, Raul, Van Nistelrooy. LYON – Coupet, Réveillère, Cris, Squillaci, Abidal, Malouda, Toulalan, Tiago, Juninho, Remy, Carew. After this match, Real will have to play an important game in Valencia while Lyon will host Auxerre. Coach Capello will not permit his players to lose their concentration. A victory against Lyon can increase the self-confidence of the team and would be welcome by their fans before Valencia. Real already honoured Puskas in the best way by obtaining an important victory in the Spanish league. Puskas wrote the history of the Champions’ Cup and his Real was unbeatable. Tonight Real wants to remind us that they can still be unbeatable. It's time to back Fabio Capello's team with full trust. Pick: Real Madrid (European Handicap -1), Odds: 4.20, Bookmaker: Expekt.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Hello from Greece! I'm from Corfu and I'm a new member in pounters lounge. Tonight, AEK plays against Milan in Athens and in my opinion the best bet value is the under 2.5 goals because AEK seems to have a big problem in scoring. on the other hand Milan is very close team and 1 point satisfies them and qualify easily to next round. :cow

...finishing top of the group give them an easier passage in the next stages of the comp. Surely then there's still plenty to play for.
btw - it seems that a draw is taking place to set up the pairs which will play with each other in the knock-out phase, am I right? http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/UCL/Format/newsId=316771.html "...A draw determines who each of the 16 clubs will play in the first knock-out stage, with ties decided over two matches on a home and away basis."

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov i have a feeling for Dinamo Kiev for tonight!As our friends told they can score at least one goal!!!They are not the same team as the first match!I think Draw or Away win is a little possible!!!!! Any comments?

Tonight, AEK plays against Milan in Athens and in my opinion the best bet value is the under 2.5 goals because AEK seems to have a big problem in scoring. on the other hand Milan is very close team and 1 point satisfies them and qualify easily to next round. :cow
Whilst I agree that AEK will find it hard to score against Milan, 12 goals in their last 3 league games suggest they are not having a problem finishing off chances when they get them.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov AEK ATHENS-AC MILAN This is a match of contrasting fashion.ac milan coming into this game after a poor few weeks at serie A and AEK coming into this match with good form from their league.Of coz greek league and serie does not compare much but AEK seems to be in full of confidence.Milan meanwhile is a little bit erratic with their cl and serie form.Even how bad they look in the league,milan is still a force to be reckoned.I would think otherwise and be going for the aek team who are full of confidence after their first triumph at cl in matchday 4.It would may be a tall order for aek to win this game but we cannot discount the possiblities of draw.I will take the AH on offer in this game. AEK +1/2 AH @1.91 pointbet 7/10 stakes

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Arsenal - Hamburg Arsenal hosting Hamburg. Home team is big favourite in this match as Hamburg was maybe the worst participant in group stages this year, loosing all games... Odds on home win are low but I find value in Arsenal X/1, HT/FT. Hamburg will not just come there to surrend, and I think they might actually show their best now when they are relaxed and without pressure. Arsenal should win this game for sure, but why not first half draw with Hamburg holding it up and then later in the game Arsenal's desire to win to prevail... I like the scenario very much and will try it with full confidence... So pick Arsenal to win X/1, HT/FT, betfair @5.00. GL!

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov I ussaly go for draw in this kind of games (talking about Steaua vs Dinamo Kiev), specially when it has been very convicing away win for romanian side in the first leg. We didn't see any draw in grope E yet, did we? Following this ''logic'' I took some money few weeks ago (Bayern vs Sporting, Barcelona vs Chelsea and Roma vs Olympiacos). Something very similar I can say about Celtic vs Man.Utd, just don't see any club's win here. Celtic is strong home side, but they are going to need more than that to beat Man.Utd.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov CSKA MOSCOW-PORTO CSKA coming in this game after winning their league last week.They have had to travel 15,000 km for their game to luch where they won and just returned 2 days ago after travelling through 7 different time zone.There will be some hangover from their trip but i am not sure how that will affect their perfomance today.Porto going to moscow after a good outing at home against coimbra.They have won on their previous visit to moscow and cksa would probably thinking of a revenge tonite.I think porto will be going to moscow with the same tactic they had on their last meeting.They will defend deep and will try to counter attack more.In my opinion porto will not lose this match that easily and i will be betting on them. PORTO +0.25 AH @1.98 pointbet 7/10 stakes

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Benfica - FC Kopenhagen Benfica hosting FC Kopenhagen in maybe crucial match for both teams. Benfica is of course favourite as they are playing in front of their fans, and I guess they should win this match. First match in Denmark finished 0:0. I expect a narrow win of Benfica, something like 1:0 or 2:1. I don't rate them high, but they should have enough power to break this side from Denmark, which imo did enough so far... Just to mention they managed to beat Man Utd at home in last round, but away from home they are much weaker, and I think they will be oriented on defence tonight so yet another reason for tight game and Benfica prevailing slightly. So pick Benfica to win with one goal margine, Nordicbet @3.6. And little cover on 3:1 correct score just in case, betfair @18. GL~

Benfica - FC Kopenhagen Benfica hosting FC Kopenhagen in maybe crucial match for both teams. Benfica is of course favourite as they are playing in front of their fans, and I guess they should win this match. First match in Denmark finished 0:0. I expect a narrow win of Benfica, something like 1:0 or 2:1. I don't rate them high, but they should have enough power to break this side from Denmark, which imo did enough so far... Just to mention they managed to beat Man Utd at home in last round, but away from home they are much weaker, and I think they will be oriented on defence tonight so yet another reason for tight game and Benfica prevailing slightly. So pick Benfica to win with one goal margine, Nordicbet @3.6. GL~
Smells like under 2,5. I think I'll go for it with medium stakes(1.70). I cannot see FCK scoring here and they have good defence also. They play very defensive minded...

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Benfica - Copenhagen In group F , Manchester Utd is more or less safe participant in the next stage of Champions league , while race for second participant is still open. Celtic , currently 2nd , have 6 points , two more than Benfica and Copenhagen on third and fourth place. Celtic have difficult match tonight against Manchester , while in second match Benfica hosts FC Copenhagen .

In last round Benfica did half of job defeating Celtic at home 3:0. Benfica is great team at home in National championship and in Euro competitions too. Last round in Portuguese league they lost against Braga out of home 3:1, but I think Benfica’s thoughts were more on match against Copenhagen and this is the main reason for such bad performance. In next round of CL Benfica will travel to Manchester ,so this match tonight could decide their destiny. Benfica have strong and well composed team , in my opinion much stronger than average (in Europe) Danish team. Tonight Benfica will be without defender Luisao and Rui Costa . Miccoli and Nuno Gomes should be ready to lead Benfica’s attack. .

Probable team: Quim/ Nélson, Anderson, Ricardo Rocha, Léo/ Petit, Konstantinos Katsouranis, Nuno Assis/ Simão, Fabrizio Miccoli, Nuno Gomes.

FC Copenhagen comes to this match after draw with Midtjylland 2:2. In previous CL round they’ve defeated Manchester Utd at home . But Manchester wasn’t with full strength on that match. FC Copenhagen practically didn’t have some good chances on that match but they were lucky enough to score one goal and win . I don’t think they could have luck against Benfica , because Benfica is team interested for result of this game. In my opinion, FC Copenhagen don’t have squad strong enough to confront to Portuguese team. Danish are without Ghanaian attacker Pimpong and defender Bergdolmo who is very important player for Copenhagen defense. In team is back Jasper Gronkjer , brain of FC Copenhagen midlield.

Probable team: Jesper Christiansen/ Lars Jacobsen, Brede Hangeland, Michael Gravgaard, Oscar Wendt/ Michael Silberbauer, Tobias Linderoth, Hjalte Nørregaard, Atiba Hutchinson/ Jesper Grønkjær/ Marcus Allbäck.

I think Benfica will start aggressive from the first minute of the match , while from Copenhagen I expect very reserved tactics with aim to stay undefeated on match . I hope for an early goal for Benfica , then Copehagen must start to play more attacking football which should result with at least one goal more for Benfica. Benfica must win tonight to keep their dreams alive . Win tonight does not guarantee sure advance to next stage of Champions League ( depends also from match Celtic – Manchester ) but I think Benfica have strong motivation , to make at least UEFA Cup participation . So, my pick is Benfica to win . Pick: Benfica Stake 10/10 1.57 @ bet365

EventAEK v AC Milan
SelectionAEK
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.60 (Back)
ReasoningAC Milan lost 3 of their last 4 games in Serie A. AEK has 6 straight wins in Greece League, scoring an average of 4 goals in their last 3 matches. An AEK win will not be a surprise cause they are very confident and won last CL match against Lille and they have a chance of going through the group stage.