** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov

Tuesday 21 November 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
CSKA Moscow v Porto (17:30 GMT)2.173.254.20101%
AEK Athens v AC Milan (19:45 GMT)5.253.601.84102%
Arsenal v Hamburg (19:45 GMT)1.286.0015.50101%
Benfica v Copenhagen (19:45 GMT)1.554.007.75103%
Celtic v Man Utd (19:45 GMT)4.403.402.07101%
Lille v Anderlecht (19:45 GMT)1.613.606.75105%
Real Madrid v Lyon (19:45 GMT)2.203.353.80102%
Steaua Bucharest v Dinamo Kiev (19:45 GMT)1.923.304.55105%

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventBenfica v Copenhagen FC
SelectionBenfica
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningChampions League, Tuesday 21 Nov 2006 - 19:45 Abit for short for my taste but I believe the Portuguese will put the Danes to the sword here. OK, Copenhagen scored their first goal in the group and beat Man Utd in their last game but I believe that had a fair bit to do with over confidence from the Manchester side. Benfica have given themselves a chance of qualification with that win over Celtic.

EventSteaua Bucharest - Dinamo Kiev
SelectionSteaua
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers
ReasoningChampions League, Tuesday 21 Nov 2006 - 19:45 (GMT) Well this is the match that sends Steaua or Dinamo in the UEFA Cup. Steaua smashed Dinamo Kiev is the first match of Group E with 4-1 on Dinamo Kiev's stadium. Dinamo Kiev lost all the meetings with other teams in Group E (with Lyon 3-0 and 1-0, Real Madrid 5-1 and Steaua Bucharest 4-1).We have to admit that Steaua played totally diferent on Santiago Bernabeu, and was so unlucky after Banel Nicolita scored an own goal. After I saw this match I said : "Dinamo Kiev has absolutely no chances".Let's remember how Dinamo lost with 5-1 on Santiago Bernabeu. It's the last chance for Dinamo Kiev to go in UEFA, but for that they must do the impossible : beat Steaua with 4-0, and I can't see this miracle happen. Steaua is just too strong for Dinamo Kiev.Also Rebrov, the man who scored 1 goal in Steaua's pitch will miss, another reason to pick Steaua. No important missing for Steaua + that captain Mirel Radoi has returned after a long term injury and Cristocea too. With all this said I will go for Steaua's victory agains Dinamo Kiev at 1.77 Good Luck everyone ;)

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Likely to be a tight affair I think, with UEFA cup place at stake for both teams, need to see squads first, if c DARK is correct and Rebrov is missing that is definitely a big blow for the Ukrainians, and their form away from home has never been fantastic, is the weather in Bucharest different to Kiev at the moment? Gee the 3.90 for Lyon appears massive, anyone have any info for this fixture? Injuries, suspensions?? For memory Lyon beat Real Madrid at the Bernabeu last season. Perhaps the bookies have been blindsided by Real's recent form in the Spanish League, I would be interested to see what others are thinking about this game.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov AEK Athens-AC Milan Milan won the first match 3-0 at home. AEK still has a chance for 2nd place in the group, while Milan only need a point to win it. I think it will be much closer game than their previous encounter. 1-1 Pick 1: under 2,5 goals - 1,57 @ Expekt Pick 2: Draw at HT - 2,10 @ Bet365 -------------------------------------------- Lille-Anderlecht I think Lille is at least one class better than Anderlecht. The Belgian team has had it hard on the road in recent years, and I can't see them getting points here against a team that needs to win to hold on to 2nd place in the group. 2-0 Pick 1: Lille - 1,55 @ Expekt -------------------------------------------- Arsenal-Hamburg Arsenal once again only got the draw in the league at home. This is another very important game as they want to qualify from the group stage. Hamburg has been in awful form the whole season and last encounter ended 2-1 to Arsenal. The Gunner will likely miss Van Persie through an ankel injury and Rosicky is still out. Arsenal needs to get back on track, and they usually do in the CL. They need the win to have a good chance to qualify as Porto waits away in the last round! 3-1 Edit: Just read that Van Persie will be back. But Gallas is injured. Senderos or Djourou to play! Pick 1: Arsenal - 1,20 @ Expekt Pick 2: Henry to score first - 3,75 @ Bet365

EventSteaua Bucharest - Dinamo Kiev
SelectionSteaua
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers
ReasoningChampions League, Tuesday 21 Nov 2006 - 19:45 (GMT) Well this is the match that sends Steaua or Dinamo in the UEFA Cup. Steaua smashed Dinamo Kiev is the first match of Group E with 4-1 on Dinamo Kiev's stadium. Dinamo Kiev lost all the meetings with other teams in Group E (with Lyon 3-0 and 1-0, Real Madrid 5-1 and Steaua Bucharest 4-1).We have to admit that Steaua played totally diferent on Santiago Bernabeu, and was so unlucky after Banel Nicolita scored an own goal. After I saw this match I said : "Dinamo Kiev has absolutely no chances".Let's remember how Dinamo lost with 5-1 on Santiago Bernabeu. It's the last chance for Dinamo Kiev to go in UEFA, but for that they must do the impossible : beat Steaua with 4-0, and I can't see this miracle happen. Steaua is just too strong for Dinamo Kiev.Also Rebrov, the man who scored 1 goal in Steaua's pitch will miss, another reason to pick Steaua. No important missing for Steaua + that captain Mirel Radoi has returned after a long term injury and Cristocea too. With all this said I will go for Steaua's victory agains Dinamo Kiev at 1.77 Good Luck everyone ;)
Hope you're wright in this one, but i think odds for Kiev are too good to be missed! Really Steaua plaied very bad vs Pandurii and last home was a destroying 6-0 vs National, but only 'cause National plaied worst football so far! I hope Steaua and Dinamo will win , but i don't see them doing that :( And as far as i know chances for Steaua - Kiev are 30-40-30

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Can't believe the odds on Celtic :eek They put up a good showing at Old Trafford in the first fixture and they have an excellent home record in Europe over recent seasons, gotta have a decent chance of overturning Man U here. Need to check on team news etc first, but very tempted at those odds.

Can't believe the odds on Celtic :eek They put up a good showing at Old Trafford in the first fixture and they have an excellent home record in Europe over recent seasons, gotta have a decent chance of overturning Man U here. Need to check on team news etc first, but very tempted at those odds.
Agreed, Celtics home record in Champs lge is outstanding, Uniteds away recors over last 10 or 11 games is poor-theyve lost 6, I think. Only teams to have gotten anything off Celtic were Milan, Barca and Munich with Barca only team to beat them. Lyon, Juve and many others have been beaten at parkhead. that price is way too big.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov CSKA Moscow-Porto CSKA and Porto are still able to qualify from the group. CSKA end against Hamburg while Porto have more hard game, though at home, against Arsenal. Both teams will want to grab all the points, but I think Porto will find it very hard in Moscow. 1-0 Pick 1: CSKA - 2,05 @ Bet365 Pick 2: under 2,5 goals - 1,50 @ Expekt -------------------------------------------- Celtic-Manchester U The price on Celtic is very high here. Maybe it could be considered a wild bet here, but I really think Celtic could win. They did well at OT, and I think United aren't producing as well away as they are home. United lost against FCK away, and I think Celtic may just grab all points here! 2-1 Pick 1: Celtic - 4,20 @ Expekt -------------------------------------------- Benfica-FC Copenhagen Very difficult away game for the Danish side. I can't see them getting anything from this one really. They did win againt United at home, and this game previously ended in a bore 0-0 draw in Denmark. Gronkjaer will return for Copenhagen though, but I don't think it will change anything. 2-0 Pick 1: Benfica - 1,50 @ Bet365

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov I think Celtic are a cracking bet aswell. We should have got something at Old Trafford but were cheated as we always are in Europe. Man Utd won't know whats hit them when they walk out to 60'000 REAL football fans tomorrow night and that can spur the tic on. Celtic 1-0 or 2-1 imo.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Last chance for both team to go forward(?) in UEFA Cup.Steaua B. will play their last game in groups at Lyon an Dinamo K. will play at home ground versus Real Madrid.First game between this 2 teams end 1-4 for Steaua!!!..Ok.let see now:Dinamo Kiev arrive at Bucharest with a diffrent team?!..Ucranian coach,Demianenko change in his team almost entire middle line and in the front bring players who was in first game on the bench...and leave at home 8 players which was in first team previous game versus Steaua...anyway now Dinamo Kiev have another face..more competitive and with a apetite for goals..I see Dinamo Kiev score at least one goal in Bucharest. PICK: Dinamo Kiev to score 1.60 at gamebookers

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Aek Athens-AC Milan Personally I don`t like betting on matches where teams from different european leagues are playing each other. The consideration when comparing quality in teams across Europe always prove difficult... Anyways, I would stand by Saberblades thinking about Milan. Away the play the italian way with a secure defensive line, letting few goals in. Until now they only have let in 1 goal in 4 matches, playing 0-0 and winning 1-0 in their away matches... And with the fact that they only need one more point to secure playing the next stage it is quite clear which mentality they would build up before this match. Milan will miss some important players though with Nesta, Favalli and Gattuso out, playing with Simic and Maldini as centre-backs, experience is still very high. Both of them have been in this situation before and know of Ancelottis way of tactics. Aek is in a position that means that they have to attack tomorrow, only one point behind Lille making it an important match for them. I see good posibillities for counterattacks for the italians. Milan has been in this situation a lot of times and they know very well how to play these matches. Tomorrow will be a typical game with few goals and Milan will prove to be the better team again in matches like this... Under 2.5 is my main bet, 1.64 @betsson Away, with low stakes, 2.06 @betsson Result 0-1, 6.60 @betsson

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Maybe it is worth mentioning that CSKA were involved in a scandalous match ten days ago against Zenith in their home league. Cska won 1-0, but Zenith had two goals very wrongly disallowed. A cheap penalty was the reason for the goal, and CSKA should have a player sent off. I am not saying that the game were fixed or something, but it would be possible that Porto maybe will be struggling getting the right decisions if it is a tight game, which it probably will be if I am not very wrong...

Maybe it is worth mentioning that CSKA were involved in a scandalous match ten days ago against Zenith in their home league. Cska won 1-0, but Zenith had two goals very wrongly disallowed. A cheap penalty was the reason for the goal, and CSKA should have a player sent off. I am not saying that the game were fixed or something, but it would be possible that Porto maybe will be struggling getting the right decisions if it is a tight game, which it probably will be if I am not very wrong...
Thanks for the advice ! I'll stay away from this match then ;)

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Celtic - Man United
Selection Lay Man United (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.18 (Lay)
Reasoning I don't think Manchester will win this game. They have currently 9pts and are top of group F. They need only 1 point from their next 2 matches to go through. They have the game of the season this weekend when they play Chelsea. I don't think that Ferguson will send his best available eleven. On the other hand Celtic are playing great football winning 11 in a row in SPL and being 2nd with 6 points in group F. Celtic have a very good history at home in the Champion's League and the team is very motivated. On Old Trafford on 13th September they nearly got a draw and played very good. So in my opinion it will be a tight match with Celtic having a good chance at winning.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov I like Lille and Benfica for tomorrow. Lille is very strong at home and Anderlecht is struck with massive injury crisis. You can read all about it here - http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/UCL/FixturesResults/Round=2357/match=1116392/report=PR.html. Lille will never miss this opportunity to go through to knockout stage. Benfica are way too strong for Kobenhavn and they have much at stake with this game. Their record at home is rock solid, suffering only a minimal loss from Manchester united.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE STEAUA BUCHAREST V DYNAMO KIEV PICK: Dynamo Kiev 12/5 DNB at bluesq Strength 7/10 Dynamo were embarrased by their showing in the first matchday against Steaua, they are determined not to let it happen again. Rebrov will probably miss the game, but other players are still capable. After all, Dynamo are top of the Ukrainian league,a league which contains the powerful Shakhtar. They also don't feel the need to win 4-0 as many people have talked about, since they believe they have a chance against Real Madrid in matchday 6. I look at Dynamo's teamsheet and I don't believe they are so bad, I believe they can beat Steaua and this belief was further strengthened by our Romainian freinds report on the previous page.

EventReal Madrid v Lyon
Selectionlay Real Madrid (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.20 (Lay)
ReasoningLyon beat MAdrid lto and are going well in the champ league still although Madrid are also I feel Lyon are a very strong team and are one of the favs to win it outright. Wouldn't suprise me if Lyon knicked this or a draw. Lyon are a team not to be messed with imo.

Both Lyon and Real have already qualified for the next stage so at 1st look its a bit of a meaningless game. I fancy Real though. They'll be after revenge and with home advantage it should be enough.
I am also on REAL MADRID. I have an impression that the Spanish takes this game more seriously. We will see for sure the first eleven of Real while Houllier is considering some changes -> Sidney Govou, Sylvain Wiltord, Claudio Cacapa, Karim Benzema and Fred are all missing for the trip to Real, but young striker Gregory Bettiol has been added to the Lyon squad for the first time in Europe. The 20-year-old Bettiol said on Lyon's website: ``It's great, especially because I wasn't expecting it at all. Real Madrid? It's unbelievable.''

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov My last pick for Tuesday, not sure what to put on the Steau game...so I'll leave it alone. Real Madrid-Lyon Lyonperhaps have the edge in this game, they have played well against Real in the past and won at home earlier this season. Not sure who will win here tbh, but I do belive both teams can score. They both have good attacking force. 2-1 Pick 1: Both teams to score - 1,85 @ Expekt GL everyone! :ok

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Celtics impressive home record comes mainly from the oneill era and largely physical approach to games. Different days now and Strachan likes his teams to try and play football. Their performances in the league have hardly been great, however the spl is much weaker this season and they are far too strong even when playing poorly. Totally different environment tomorrow and they will struggle badly to cope with the pace and movement of man utd. Will be lumping on.

Celtics impressive home record comes mainly from the oneill era and largely physical approach to games. Different days now and Strachan likes his teams to try and play football. Their performances in the league have hardly been great' date=' however the spl is much weaker this season and they are far too strong even when playing poorly. Totally different environment tomorrow and they will struggle badly to cope with the pace and movement of man utd. Will be lumping on.[/quote'] Well I think the SPL is stronger than it has been in the last 10 years. Rangers may not be but that's about it.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov You can say i´m suspicious for saying this but i wouldn´t bet on benfica. They had a big game last saturday against Braga, lost 3-1 and were criticised pretty much by everyone including their own president for the poor effort. LFV said "i didn´t see Benfica out on the field, i saw a bunch of little boys running around after the ball". Petit (one of the captains) responded "he can say what he wants, he writes the cheques so we have to take it". Still on the pitch, Simao and Fernando Santos (coach) had very heated and public argument. Today the director of their football department was arrested for fraud Plus benfica must win against a side that favours the counterattack and has nothing to lose so i see this game just like the one benfica played against man utd at home. Man utd played with their eye on the clock and as the time passed, benficas crowd and players got nervous and opened up in search for that important first goal so Man utd scored in a fast counterattack. With the way they played against braga, their crowd will be all over them if that first goal doesn´t come in the first half so i´m laying benfica