** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Just one bet tonight, Celtic v Man Utd Bookings over 45 points with hills at 6/4 I expect this game to be very tasty, Celtic may miss their good friend the scottish referee and Man Utd are no angels. 5 yellows shouldnt be too much to ask and id even guess there will be a red in the match.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAEK v AC Milan
SelectionCorrect Score: 1-0
Strength3/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 11.50 (Back)
ReasoningAEK is very confident after their 1-0 victory over Lille and a win against Milan puts them in the discussion for the second place in the group. Emerson to score the victory goal.
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventBenfica v FC Kobenhavn
SelectionCorrect Score: 2-0
Strength5/10
Date21/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 7.20 (Back)
ReasoningWinning this game is a must for Benfica. Other result than a win in Lisbon represents a goodbye for the UEFA Cups. It may even forces the sack of the manager, F. Santos. I expect a solid win and more important a solid exhibition. Nuno Gomes and Simao to score the goals.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov I just read that someone consider Steaua - Kiev a SURE bet! bozz or something like this. Well the way Steaua are playing ... hmm...the sure bet will be to lay Steaua! Really. and more : odds are too low for Steaua

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov some bets you might have overlooked, I actually think there is value in backing hamburg to score the way arsenal's defence leaks, ljuboa and sanago are 10.0 and 7.4 to score anytime, worth a small stake when you concede arsenal are without gallas and they are prone to shipping in goals. Also If you consider the injuries lyon have up front, then juninho at 5.4 with extrabet to score anytime seems like good value especially knowing how deadly he is with the set pieces. champions league rhyming guide and more goodies than mark viduka's fridge at http://goalissimo.blogspot.com

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov HELLO AGAIN TO EVERYONE MY FINAL PICKS ARE AEK 1X AND UNDER,WALSALL 1,STEAUA OVER,REAL 1, I THINK THIS BET HAS MANY POSIBILITIES TO COME TRUE.CAN SOMEBODY FROM ENGLAND GIVE HIS PREDICTIONS FOR THE F.A. CUP TODAY? :cow

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov CSKA v PORTO Under 2.5 @ -200 Yes the odds aren't greatest bu consider that CSKA has yet to concede a goal in CL play. While there are stories of perhaps the players being hung over after celebrating their league win, this to me seems like nonsense. CSKA not exactly a scoring machine and it will be very difficult for Porto to find the net in Moscow.... No opinion on the outcome as i can see a low scoring result in any direction here. Btw Porto will be missing Anderson which will be a big big problem for them. Fortunately Adriano will return to the starting line up.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov CSKA vs PORTO DRAW @ +205 (BODOG) Small stakes on the draw, CSKA I think will just play the entire team in the box here. I think they will be happy with the draw result as their next game they will play Hamburg and should expect at least a point. (I know it's a bit of a reach with that last explanation) In my view, Porto needs this game more than CSKA but will they will be hard pressed to come away with the 3 points.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Godd evening everybody! The weather sucks in Greece these days!!! I'm happy to be a member in this forum. I'm a footbal fun and moreover of Olympiakos here in Greece. I saw the games for Champions league tonight and seem very tough. AEK Athens plays against AC Milan. I wouldn't go for win, draw or loss. Al possible to that apart from their game operation. AEK made its "first" win against Lille 3 weeks ago and has a problem in the development of its game especially with tough oppenents.Also AEK has not good striker. Delimbasic came from Mayorka but he doesn't play good enough and only Limperopoulos can do something but he is not a pure striker.He is more like a midfielder. The good thing with AEK is that its defensive tactic seems to be quite effective. Don't forget the game is against Italian team. The Italians usually don't score a lot of goals away their home. So my pick will be under 2.5 goals The other game for tonight is Benfica against Kopenhagen. Benfica must win so it has hope for next round. So my pick will be win for Benfica. Cheers......:ok

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Celtic - Manchester U. Pick: Celtic (+0.5) Odds: 1.85 @ Bet365 Stake: 3/10 nchester is already 90% in the next round. They need only one point from last 2 matches to advance from the group stages. Today they are meeting Celtic in Glasgow, place where only few teams can tell that they brought back three points. I read somewhere that Celtic has suffered only one defeat in their home matches in European competitions in their last 25 matches. I know that Manchester is playing on very high level, but their thoughts will not be on tonight’s match against Celtic, because in the weekend they are playing the great derby against Chelsea. Ferguson said that they want to take something from this match, but their prime goal is to rest some of the key players in order to be fully fit for match against Chelsea. Knowing that Ferguson is Scott, that Celtic and Manchester are teams with close relationships (I have concluded this from the fact that before every season they are playing friendly matches) and that even if they are not very close teams, the great Celtic fans will make atmosphere which will lead Celtic players through whole match. And if I add Manchester’s squad without some of the stars, I believe that I have good reason to bet on Celtic tonight.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov My tonight's pick Lilie to win , for more risk can pick -1 handy! Todays game for Lille is very important : 1. Milan 10pts 2. Lille 7pts 3. AEK 4pts 4. Anderlecht 2pts We can see the hopes for Belgians are still alive , they need to win today in France and at home with AEK ... Football is the game which can turn around unbelievably ... ball is round and every team can score , each team has 50/50 chances before the mach ... Looking on the other side we have OSC Lille , their situation are simple ... of course Lille want's to end up tonight and secure their second place without going to MILAN! Anderlecht injuries Goalkeeper D. Zitka and striker M.Mpenza went off injured in Saturday's 2-1 loss at Genk, while Nicolas Frutos, Roland Juhasz and Nicolas Pareja all appear to have lost their races to be fit. "losing my goalkeeper and not being able to include Frutos are especially tough blows, but we want to win and keep our destiny on our hands" said Vercauteren! Of course trainer knows that all depends on this game ... Situation simple, tonight Lille will go for a win to ensure their spot in second round (if Milan win too in Athens) Anderlechts win will keep things alive, lost will end up this season in Champions league! Probable lineups : Lille: Tony Sylva; Matthieu Chalmé, Nicolas Plestan, Rafael Schmitz, Grégory Tafforeau; Jean II Makoun, Mathieu Bodmer; Kader Keita, Nicolas Fauvergue, Mathieu Robail; Peter Odemwingie. Anderlecht: Davy Schollen; Anthony Vanden Borre, Jelle Van Damme, Mark De Man, Olivier Deschacht; Lucas Biglia, Yves Vanderhaeghe; Mbark Boussoufa, Serhat Akin, Bart Goor; Mohamed Tchite. I can see here an attacking football from start to end ... and Over 2.5 goals looking not bad too , but the main pick LOSC Lille to win at home against bleeding Anderlecht ...

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Lille vs Anderlecht - Home at 1.5 with Stan James. Lille has the hard prospecitve to face, in the last round, Milan in away, so they should try to get the max from this last home match. The table is giving to the home side 1 adavantage point over AEK Athens and 3 points over Anderlecht: Lille played anyway solid home matches (drew, by 0-0 against Milan; won, by 3-1, over AEK), they failed to have the sure qualify missing the last away game (against AEK, by 1-0), playing 1 man less since the end of the first half. Lille will miss Tavlaridis and Cabaye (both suspended), more Audel and Dumont (out due injurie). Probable line-up: Sylva; Chalmè, Plestan, Schmitz, Tafforeau; Makoun, Bodmer; Keita, Fauvergue, Robail; Odemwingie. Anderlecht started the CHL with 2 draws, but they showed big limits in the double match against Milan (both lost: at home by 0-1, playing in superiority; in away, trashed by 4-1). In Jupiler league they are not impressing so much and, tonight, they will be in troubles for the miss of key regulars. Attack line completely changed for the absences of Frutos and in serious doubt will rest Mpenza and Tchitè; missed the gk Zitka (the other gk Proto is always unavailable). So standing the state Vercauteren should advance Goor and Biglia in the attack front, leaving Boussufa on the left side. The defensive line appeared IMO the weakest line that Anderlecht could propose for tonight. Probable line-up: Schollen; Vanden Borre, De Man, Van Damme, Deschacht; Hassan, Vanderhaeghe, Boussufa; Akin, Biglia, Goor. Lille seems to have more quality in the middle and creative player (Keità and Fauvergue) able to change the match, more Odemwingie should be a real danged for the defensive line of Anderlecht. I wait for Lille to close the qualify troubles tonight.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Very hard to decide...good call the Under goals line 2.5...I take the draw (3.20 Totesport). CSKA vs Porto Thriller final for Group G with 2 matches to be played to end. Table: CSKA 8 pts. Arsenal 7 Porto 7 Hamburger 0 Next round: Porto vs Arsenal Hamburger vs CSKA. According 3 points to Arsenal (HW over Hamburger), CSKA and Porto will fight to get the other place good to progress: on the paper Porto should play, tonight, only to win, but all that will depend from Arsenal perfomance too and, at last, they cannot fundamentally loose tonight, cause they would be out of games. CSKA had a very starnge walk (2-2-0; 2:0): they won (both by 1-0) 2 home games over Arsenal and Hamburger and they drew (both by 0-0) 2 matches on the road (at the debut against Porto and after against Arsenal at Emirates). Never use the lucky factor in the explanation, but IMO they were been so lucky to reach 1 point at Oporto and against the Gunners too, cause the opponents missed a lot of chances to win. At the same time CSKA is an hostic team at own ground and tonight they will have the factor field, the crowd to support and the weather conditions all by their side. Probable line-up: Akinfeev; V.Berezutskiy, Ignashevich, A.Berezutskiy; Krasic, Rahimic, Aldonin, Dudu, Zhirkov; Carvalho, Vagner Love. Porto will have the chance to take advantage on the table with the full post, but they will face always Arsenal, at last round, that will be in fight for qualify. I think that they must win necessary the last home match, despite the result of tonight, but if they lost this match they will be eliminated. Probable line-up: Helton; Bosingwa, Pepe, Bruno Alves, Cech; Raul Meireles, Anderson, Lucho Gonzales; Lisadro, Postiga, Quaresma. Quality factor surely all by Porto side, but solidity is the key of CSKA, more the home ground was been a good partner. If both teams will keep their tense state at the right place, I guess that the final draw could be the result more probable to come.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Benfica vs FC Copenaghen (I posted in the early morning this tip, but I can't in the Forum, so I guess that the odds are difform now). Benfica to win: Manchester united closed the first place of the Group, so the hopes for the rest teams are limited to reach the 2nd rank. Table state: Celtic 6 pts. Copenhaghen 4 Benfica 4. So standing the situation Benfica are in real must win situation, considering they will face, in the last round, Manchester United in away. In the last home match (won over Celtic, by 3-0) they played a total offensive game, trashed, under any point of views, the scottish side. Probable line-up: Quim; Nelson, Anderson, Rocha, Leo; Petit, Katsouranis, Nuno Assis, Simao; Nuno Gomes, Miccoli. Missed: Luisao (def), Rui Costa (mid). FC Copenaghen has always shown good attitude for the away matches, playing a good counter attack games and counting over solid middle line. Anyway in CHL they failed for 2 times on the road, loosing against Celtic (by 1-0) and from M.U. (by 3-0). Probable line-up: Christiansen; Jacobsen, Hangeland, Gravgaard, Wendt; Hutchinson, Norregard, Linderoth, Silberbauer; Gronkjaer, Allback. Missed: Bergdolmo (def), in doubt Pimpong (att). Benfica needs to win, waiting for good news from Glasgow: the home side has not many alternatives in order to search to progress to the next phase. I like so much their home approach this year and I think that just a narrow win could be sufficient.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov rockman you are correct about cska suffering jet lag.big celebrations after the game on saturday as well.porto need the points more than cska,who have to play the whipping boys of the group,hamburg,in their last match.i have gone for porto tonight on ah +0.5 (1.60) bet365

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Can't see why anyone would fancy picking Lille to the prize offered. Anderlecht have a couple of injuries yes, but they have to win this one, and this can alomst be concidered to be a local derby, wheras 12 000 belgian fans are reported to be travelling to France to support their team. In terms of capacity, Lille shouldn't be that much stronger than Anderlecht. Centerbet offers 8.25 for the away win, which is a great value bet IMO.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov one bet tonight BENFICA at 1.62 in a different class to the Danes. A must win game at home (with very tough trip to Old Trafford to come). The Danes will try and defend for their lives but they have no quality going forward. Benfica clean sheet is another great bet if you can find it.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov

Can't see why anyone would fancy picking Lille to the prize offered. Anderlecht have a couple of injuries yes' date=' but they have to win this one, and this can alomst be concidered to be a local derby, wheras 12 000 belgian fans are reported to be travelling to France to support their team. In terms of capacity, Lille shouldn't be that much stronger than Anderlecht. Centerbet offers 8.25 for the away win, which is a great value bet IMO.[/quote'] Yes man Belgians need victory, and maybe 12 thousands fan will come to france , but it's maybe ... i dont speak about thouse who will really be with LOSC ahead and not talk about comming ... I agree that 8.5 is super value here ... But looking how Lille playing at home i think they will get what they need 3:1 vs AEK, 0:0 vs Milan , Anderlecht aren't so good 1:4 away to Milan and 1:1 vs AEK ...

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Excellent previews as always Giovanni!! :clap:clap:clap Will follow your picks and also throw in a dime or two on CS 1-1 on expekt in the CSKA - Porto game (they offer a refund if the match ends 0-0) GL tonight everyone!

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov My view on tonights matches:

• CSKA - Porto
  • Madrid Real - Lyonnais
  • Celtics - United Manchester
  • Benfica - Kobenhavn
  • Athens - AC Milano

CSKA - PORTO

Group GPldPts
CSK48
ARS47
POR47
HSV40
Remaining matches: CSKA-Porto, Arsenal - HSV Porto - Arsenal, Hamburg - CSKA For me the table is not a surprise, in fact this is the same table which I have predicted for my fun league. I rated CSKA very high, because Russian teams are very hard to beat with those Brazilians and the weather of course. That's why I've put CSKA above Arsenal, meanwhile Porto should be satisfied with UEFA cup. Anyways, I think it will change within the next two rounds. If we assume Arsenal with beat HSV tonight (which is very likely), Arsenal have 10 points. Also we assume CSKA will win against Hamburg on the last fixture, CSKA will have atleast 11 points. The table looks like this:
Group GPldPts
CSKA Moskva5 11
Arsenal5 10
Porto47
Hamburg6 0
Now there are a few possibilities: CSKA win against Porto, Arsenal win against HSV: CSKA 14points/6 & Porto 7 points/5 ---- Arsenal 10points/5 , HSV 0points --> Porto-Arsenal >> Porto win Porto 10pt,Arsenal10pt same points means results between those teams are deciding who will end 2nd. In this case Porto will have to win at least 2-0 against Arsenal, because Porto lost first leg 0:2. This is very unlikely so Porto need the 3 points tonight. CSKA draw against Porto, Arsenal win against HSV: CSKA 12 points/6 & Porto 8points/5 ---- Arsenal 10points/5, HSV 0points this is very interesting. with a draw CSKA are 99% to the next round. (assuming they will win against HSV). They will have 12points, Porto 8 points and Arsenal 10 points. Porto-Arsenal >> Porto have to win. (Porto then 11points,Arsenal10points). CSKA loses against Porto, Arsenal win against HSV: CSKA 11points/6 & Porto 10 points/5 --- Arsenal 10points/5 , HSV 0points. This means: CSKA end up with 11 points of 6. Arsenal and Porto have both 10 points, which means they can play the draw since Porto win by first/second leg (Porto draw first, win 2nd) and Arsenal lost against CSKA. So arsenal should win then... CONCLUSION: CSKA might be satisfied with only 1 point, because that will be a big step towards the second round. (We assume they have no problems with HSV). so CSKA: Win,Draw Porto can only be satisfied with a win, a draw means they have to beat Arsenal to end up 2nd. A lose for Porto means they are actually eliminated from the CL. Since they will have to win against Arsenal >2:0. The question is, can Porto score against CSKA? CSKA have not conceded a single goal so far. I think Porto can't. formation CSKA: 3-5-2 formation Porto: 4-3-3 CSKA playing 3-5-2.. I think they want to put a pressure on Porto and hope for a quick goal with the home crowd. Porto hope for a quick goal as well, but I don't think they can score fast. What is the pick? CSKA have not conceded a goal yet and tonight they won't too. PICK: CS 0-0 1/10 @ 7.50 CS 0-1 1/10 @ 7.50 CS 1-1 1/10 @ 6.25 DRAW 7/10 @3.05 UNDER2.5 8/10 @ 1.50

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Hello again , real madrid is in form and i don't believe that will lose today.The value bet is very good and i believe that the players will take a kind of revenge for their lost in lyon.AEK is very close team and it will be difficult for this Milan to score.Also AEK has difficulty to score so my final picks are aek 1x and under and real 1.I f anybody has information about Lille i would be greatful:D :cow

• CSKA - Porto
  • Madrid Real - Lyonnais
  • Benfica - Kobenhavn
  • Athens - AC Milano

Madrid Real - Lyonnais

Group EPldPts
Lyon412
Real Madrid49
Steaua43
Dynamo Kyiv40
The fact is, Real Madrid played shit against Steaua. Steaua in fact had a few opportunities. They were lucky with the own goal... Lyon have won all their matches so far. They are amazing this season... But today they will not win. Lyon have played not so good recently, they were lucky a few times. They have some injuries. They added Bettiol to their squad :clap. (I don't think he will start anyway). Malouda and Tiago were rested in the weekend. Real Madrid is looking for the win today. But...Real Madrid is a very incostant team..we have seen that in the past. Real Madrid can win 5-2, but can also win only 1-0..or even lose.. So you can't trust both teams. However in the CL Lyon looked very good. Lyon come to Bernabéu not to lose so they are 1st in the poule. If real madrid would lose at home...it will be felt as a loss. However, I just do not see Real Madrid grabbing the 3 points here today. Lyon is still good without Fred and I am sure if you play Real Madrid you always try to win. pick: DRAW 8/10 @3.25 some people disagree, you might pick Real Madrid. I know Real Madrid are the favourites, but keep in mind this is only about honour. Neither of the teams has to win. Real Madrid is a team I can't trust, have you not seen Steaua? Lyon is coming to surprise and taking a draw here, which ensures the top spot.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov My pics are Celtic - ManU CSKA - Porto Glasgow - Manchester Celtic is in a topform at home,they won 11 of 13 home rounds in CL, 8 wins. ManU were beaten by Copenhagen away last round 1-0. Celtic odds are too high in my eyes. Moscow - Porto CSKA beat Arsenal and performed good at home. The brother of their Coach died last weekend after the championship celebration of CSKA´s 3rd title in 4 years. He had a car accident.So my opinion is that they´ll play for him and will win for him in this match (it´s not a statistic-fact but I believe in this). Porto is strong at home but away ... ??? This double is a good try in my eyes.... Celtic CSKA odd: 8,05 :ok

• CSKA - Porto
  • Madrid Real - Lyonnais
  • Benfica - Kobenhavn
  • Athens - AC Milano

Celtics - United Manchester Battle of the Britain...The Britain Clash..Bullshit if you ask me:tongue2 the situation:

ClubsPldWDLGFGAPts
Man. United4301739
Celtic4202666
Benfica4112344
København4112144
MAN UTD 9 POINTS OUT OF 4. that's the biggest joke. If it wasn't Gravesen who made 10 incredible mistakes in the first clash (3-2 to Man U) Celtic would have get at least a point or even a win. But Man Utd didnt play with their first goalie VdSar tho. Man Utd weakest spot is the defence, only Ferdinand is average. I expected Kobenhavn to take at least one point from Man utd, but the win was a little surprise. Man Utd can not afford a lose here because that would be too risky knowing they will face Benfica on the last fixture. Celtic is a very good team at home. You can look for their home records by yourself. Bear in mind Man Utd will face Chelsea this weekend. Voila, I think the chances should be: 45-35-20. However, I don't think Man Utd will lose tonight. So I would take the draw here. DRAW 7/10 @ 3.00

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Benfica - Kobenhavn Benfica is a very good team especially at home just like Celtics. However, Kobenhavn can't be underestimated. Away they play not so good, (0:3 against Celtic(but like I said Celtic at home..you know) Benfica should win this one anyway. First leg KBN-BNF 0:0 Kobenhvn very strong at home yes. But this is home match for Benfica. Benfica 10/10

Re: Champions League Tuesday 21 Nov Athens - AC Milano Milan needs some confidence back. I heard Simic is in the defence. Very good, because I have seen him play a few matches. I think Milan can win this one to get back on the track. A draw is not unlikely, since that will be enough for Milan. But the odds for AW are very good. Milan to win @ 2 4/10