Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Burnley Joe

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners By posting we lose $10,000 Oh well -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] CC: [email protected] Sent: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 5.37PM Subject: Fwd: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Nick, Well this will be my final email as I feel that i have no other option but will give you one last chance to finally give me a date when I am likely to receive the funds, as it has now been over 4 weeks when we should have received the funds that we agreed to and i feel that you have had more than enough time but you just keep stalling or misadvisng me. originally we gave a deadline of last Friday, however after speaking to you it all sounded like we would receive the money this week, however your comments this week are different, and I actually find your last comment completely out of order. Once i have received your reply if unsatisfactory I will be sending a complete history of the disgraceful situation, including all your comments to my solicitor and to absolute Poker This is not intended to be a threat in any way, but you have left us with no option, it is about the principal now. DRAFT TO ABSOLUTE POKER Dear Gian As you know what happened about about the WSOP and with regard to Goalpoker, i would like to update you on what has happened since. As you can see form the attahced email, yet again goalpoker have not delivered on what was agreed and promised. Since Goalpoker joined into the Absolute Poker network, I did not have any fears about depositing or playing. Absolute is very proud of what they've accomplished as a stand alone room, and I could not see them taking on another operator into their gaming systems unless they were highly qualified. However, since this whole situation statred in June, i feel very anoyed that such a reputable company like yourselves could let goalpoker still use your platform. I would like to thank you for what you did for me and Andy in the WSOP, and will never say a bad word about yourselves, however, we are likely to be going to court over this and i will be sending copies of all documentation to every forum possible and arranging interviews with several leading poker magazines both in the UK and America if possible. I am sorry that you name might be tarnished in this, however, it will not be our intention at all. Regards Joe Geraghty (Burnley Joe) -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] Sent: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 9.22AM Subject: RE: update Joe, I am trying to get through a particularily tight period. I am not lieing to you. Please let me get on with what needs to be done.

Regards

Nick 0044

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 27 September 2006 14:12 To: Nick Fitt Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: update Hi I do not understand, you advised me that the deal had been done, therefore i took this to mean that you had received the money as you mentioned that you tax and Ni implications with it. Can you please advise us what you mean by Still working on the funding, and also when it is likely that we will receive the funding ie a likley timeframe, as I feel that i have been misinformed by what you said Friday. You also keep mentioning please be patient, I feel that we have been more than patient, seeing as this should have been done weeks ago Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] Sent: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 5.38AM Subject: RE: update Joe, Please be patient, my last comment on the matter was that the deal had closed. We are still working on the funding.

Regards

Nick 0044

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 27 September 2006 02:24 To: Nick Fitt Cc: [email protected] Subject: update Hi Nick, Please can you respond as this is the third email with no response When are we going to receive our money in our GP accounts now you have the funding as this is just dragging and dragging Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] Sent: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 8.55AM Subject: RE: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Joe, I went to the Johnny Chan gig as a holiday, paid for by myself along with a crowd of mates. Lets catch up on Friday then.

Regards

Nick 0044

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 20 September 2006 09:01 To: Nick Fitt Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi As i said Nick I me and Andy will wait until Friday and hopefully it will be good news, I do not now what the funding issue is but I beleive we have been patient enough. However, we also find it strange that with all this going on you still went to the Johnny Chan Invitational. I was sorry to hear that Harry, Julian and Ted have left the company and hope this has nothing to do with it I await your response on Friday Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] Sent: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 8.33AM Subject: RE: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Joe, You are quite correct in the fact you have not been paid this week. I am not avoiding the issue, we are satill awaiting the next funding round, which is due imminently. As such, we are 'trading' at walking pace to ensure that we are able to deal with issues as they arise. As we entered into the compensation package with you guys late in this, I ask you to be patient. I will keep you up to date, but recently there has been no update other than 'be patienbt'. Not ideal but I am sure you appreciate that the strain this is putting us all under is horrendous and has my total focus. I was in meeting s all day yesterday and today too. If you wish we can chat later this evening? Text me a time as I most likely will be out of the office.

Regards

Nick 0044

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 19 September 2006 15:21 To: Nick Fitt Subject: Re: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Well you said that this week we would have our money as you would be getting your funding last week, however, Mark has advised us that this did not happen again. Well I am afraid I have lost all trust and confidence in what you tell us now. "I would like this final opportunity to apologise personally to you both for what has happened, be assured it will never be repeated". Therefore, if we have not received the money by Friday of this week, which was agreed I will have no option but to talk to a solicitor and see what options are available to me as i feel that you have breached your contract with me and Andy. "By accepting this offer, you are agreeing that you have received full value and just compensation". We accepted but never received within the 10 days timeframe. I will also be seeing about what I can do to stop you trading as it is clear that if somebody won substantial funds you would not be able to pay them. "We are talking about $20,000 dollars, which as a gaming website surely you should have in reserve in case somebody won big and withdrew winnings? Surely you could deposit the funds in to our GP accounts if that is easier. It does concern me that you have no money yet you are still trading". "Regards still trading, technically, you may well be right and if so, then in that respect we should not have made any offer or agreement with you. We have though and did so in good faith". I will be sending copies of this email to my solicitor Friday morning who will then probably deal direct with you. Also I feel that i have no option to copy on the CEO of Absoulte Poker and depending what my solicitor says, I will be contactong the Gaming Authorities and teh press. I await your urgent response Joe Geraghty -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] Sent: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 5.13PM Subject: RE: WSOP Without Prejudice. I am sure you will!

Regards

Nick

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 07 September 2006 17:20 To: Nick Fitt Cc: Mark Abrahams Subject: Re: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi, Thanks Nick, at least now I can sort out what i can spend and what i cant Look forward to receiving and then blowing $5k on goalpoker, and hopefully turning it in to $10k within a month, that is my target Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] CC: [email protected] Sent: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 8.39AM Subject: RE: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Joe, Our funding will be in next week. For your planning, assume you will get your money the following week. Again I thank you for your patience. I have cc'd Mark who will ensure you are paid at the earliest possible moment.

Regards

Nick 0044

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 07 September 2006 03:31 To: Nick Fitt Subject: Re: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Nick, Any update. We both know that this has been ongoing for ages now, but even the payment we should have received on the 30th has not happened. What exactly is it you are waiting for in regard of finance and when do you expect to receive it. This is just a nightmare as we signed the agreements yet are still in limbo. I know it is not your fault personally, but I am starting to feel that it will not happen at all and I need to know now rather than later when exactly we are going to receive the money so I can look again at my finances, because I am already £750 out of pocket, however, I agreed to your settlement and expected it by now so that i could cover the money which i spent getting and staying in Vegas. In your offer letter which we accepted your final statemnet was: I would like this final opportunity to apologise personally to you both for what has happened, be assured it will never be repeated. I await your response Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] Sent: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 9.36AM Subject: RE: WSOP Without Prejudice. Still waiting Joe, not long now though. Ill keep you updated

Regards

Nick 0044

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 04 September 2006 20:45 To: Nick Fitt Subject: Re: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Nick, Any news yet on when goalpoker will be receiving the money so that you can pay us both? Regards Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] Sent: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 6.42PM Subject: RE: WSOP Without Prejudice. Thanks, I will keep you up to date as we go. I assume you are in touch with Fenners? if not let me know and I will put him back in the chain.

Regards

Nick 0044

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 30 August 2006 18:34 To: Nick Fitt Subject: Re: WSOP Without Prejudice. Nick, Okay, i will wait another week and then see what happens. However i can not understand why you cannot just credit both our accounts with the $10k, or ask Absoulte to cover it like they did for the WSOP Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] CC: [email protected] Sent: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 5.45PM Subject: RE: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Joe, I understand your frustration. This funding issue has been extraordinary. Regards still trading, technically, you may well be right and if so, then in that respect we should not have made any offer or agreement with you. We have though and did so in good faith. The delay to this funding will be over during the next few weeks and as I stated on my last mail as soon as we can pay you we will. please do feel free to call me on my mobile at any time to discuss.

Regards

Nick

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 30 August 2006 16:18 To: Nick Fitt Subject: Re: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Nick, To be honest I find this totally unacceptable. you made us send you an agreement, which we duly did and again you have failed to deliver. We are talking about $20,000 dollars, which as a gaming website surely you should have in reserve in case somebody won big and withdrew winnings? Surely you could deposit the funds in to our GP accounts if that is easier. It does concern me that you have no money yet you are still trading. I await your response Joe Geraghty -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected]; [email protected] CC: [email protected] Sent: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 7.23AM Subject: RE: WSOP Without Prejudice. Guys, Regards the payments, they will be with you as soon as is possible. It will be late but it WILL happen. I can only apologise (again) for the delays but we are awaiting a round of funding and it too is late - hence the delay. The date commitment I made was in good faith and would have been honoured except for the delay which is totally out of my control. Be assured that I am doing everything I can to get through this period in life. Thank you so much for your patience, I will be in touch by mail as soon as I have a clear date. I do not expect it to be much longer. Feel free to call if you wish to shout.

Regards

Nick 0044

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 29 August 2006 22:14 To: Nick Fitt Subject: Fwd: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Nick, I believe Mark has sent you my email. I spoke with fenners today and he pointed out that the payment would be with us within 10 working days which is tmrw and not the 31st which would be day 10. Can you confirm that we will receive the money in our accounts tmrw? I do hope so and hope this is not another unforseen circustance, I just want to get the funds and close a lid on this whole episode. Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] CC: [email protected] Sent: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 3.08PM Subject: RE: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Joe, Mark got back from holiday on the 24th. Note that ten working days from the 16th is in fact the 31st. Noted on putting the funds into your Goalpoker acct. I assume you mean the full amount?

Regards

Nick 0044 7

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 27 August 2006 13:07 To: Nick Fitt Cc: Mark Abrahams Subject: Re: WSOP Without Prejudice. Hi Nick, It is now the 27th and you stated that: Within ten working days of receipt of your confirmed acceptance of this offer, I will mail out to you both a cheque for $5k (£ equivalent) to make up the difference for the WSOP. I replied the same say the email was sent which was the 16th! Also you went on to state that: As compensation, I will deposit a further $5k into your players accounts with Goalpoker as clear funds, i.e. you could withdraw the full amount. Again having checked my account this has not happened. I feel that this is again being strung out and would like a response seeing as this is the second email i have sent. Initialy i sent my bank details so that my expenses could be credited directly to my account. if the cheque has not been send could you please do this to speed up the process. I would also like my gp account credited with the funds and not sent to me I await your response Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected]; [email protected] CC: [email protected]; [email protected] Sent: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 8.18AM Subject: WSOP Without Prejudice. Morning Andy, Joe Apologies for not getting in touch sooner Andy. I have swapped emails with Joe and I thought through tone of the the conversations, he was liaising with you too. Obviously not. Apologies for that misunderstanding. To get you up to speed, I had agreed with Joe that your flights and accommodation would be refunded by us once we had receipts etc. Obviously I have not received yours Andy as it seems you were not aware of this! So, to close this situation and encapsulate the whole lot (exes, flights, accom.), I offer you both; Within ten working days of receipt of your confirmed acceptance of this offer, I will mail out to you both a cheque for $5k (£ equivalent) to make up the difference for the WSOP. As compensation, I will deposit a further $5k into your players accounts with Goalpoker as clear funds, i.e. you could withdraw the full amount. Alternately, I will add the £ equivalent to the WSOP shortfall payment which would then be paid as one by sterling cheque. Please confirm your choice. If you are content that this offer has closed the matter, please let me know by mail, by return, no other offer will be made though you will receive the shortfall payment irrespective. I also require you to confirm if you made agreement or not with any member of staff, owner, shareholder or other officer of Punters Lounge to act on your behalf jointly or separately in negotiating in any way with my company etc. I require this in writing separately from you both as a condition of your acceptance of this offer. By accepting this offer, you are agreeing that you have received full value and just compensation. It is for you to decide whether that acceptance is made public. Whilst you guys are quite within your rights to discuss your experiences on forums such as Punters Lounge, I have a responsibility to protect my staff and that extends to defending my staff and company from personal threats, blackmail attempts and slander. If this email or the offer is in full or part posted on Punters Lounge, or any other forum, I will assume you have rejected the offer and that any claim to compensation in any capacity has been declined by you both. This is between us gents. It appears that no-one has benefited from the experience of the last month. I am truly sorry that events panned out the way they did for you guys. We have always tried to bring fun and enjoyment into everything we have done. A mistake was made - in good faith actually - and I accept full responsibility for that mistake. I personally have learnt from this and I will make every effort to ensure that lessons learned are put into practice. We as a company will continue to go forward and I hope that all of us can put this behind us now. You will see an awful lot of us in the coming months and I hope that you will come back to us and enjoy our future as players. I would like this final opportunity to apologise personally to you both for what has happened, be assured it will never be repeated.

Best regards

Nick p.s. Please reply with your comments and acceptance CC'ing Mark. Nick Fitt Founder and CEO Goalpoker.com Abbey Business Center 25 Clarendon Road Redhill Surrey RH1 1QZ

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Joe i'm sure you won't lose $10k if you take this to court with comments like If this email or the offer is in full or part posted on Punters Lounge, or any other forum, I will assume you have rejected the offer and that any claim to compensation in any capacity has been declined by you both. This is between us gents. This sounds very underhand, I just hope that you had Fenners permission to post your emails on this site. Good luck with legal proceedings.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Disgusting, yet unsurprising. You and Andy still have my full support. If I can do anything to help (this doesn't include paying GP's debts :tongue2) just give me a shout. However, it is obvious that you can certainly handle yourselves. :hope you get what is rightfully yours, and GoalPoker (and especially Nick Fitt) gets what he deserves.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Wow! Only just seen this thread for the very first time and must say what a read its been but im sick for you guys who missed out on Vegas. That is like a once in a lifetime chance for some people and they come out with that. The chances are slim but WHAT IF one of you had made it to the final table and changed your career forever? I tell you what guys, you have more patience than me because if that was done to me I would have dealt with it in a more angry way, lets just say that, lol. Unbeleiveable though, keep the head up and hope you get it solved.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Unbelievable. Now I'm no legal expert, but I don't see how you lose your right to compensation by posting these e-mails given that they initially broke the agreement by not paying you both within the timeframe agreed to. The agreement was surely null and void as soon as the 10 days had expired without funds being credited or a cheque sent. I really hope you continue to pursue this and it ends up with a satisfactory outcome for you both. Good luck.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Wow, how patient have you guys been :clap and how much stringing along have you been through, they have back tracked so many times throughout that I'm sure the document you signed saying you wouldn't post won't be worth "the paper it's written on" anyway. Good luck guys with the lawyers, hope there's a happy ending soon. Goalpoker R.I.P.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Guys - all I can say is an echo of what has been posted by all here in support of you. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthyfor your patience, it is now way beyond time for payment and compensation. You both know that we at PL are 1000% (not a TYPO) behind you guys. :hope:hope:hope for a speedy resolution.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Well said PuntersLounge!. Personally I doubt you are risking anything. From reading these emails, it is patently obvious they don't have the cash!. My only worry now is that they will never have the cash ever!. Good luck, and screw em for all you can get!!:spank:spank:spank