** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

1% 'Steady Drip'

Hodgey

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip'

Hodgy' date=' good work fella :D - you've given me the inspiration to start my own off......ony 1476 top go....[/quote'] Good luck mate, just remember it's a complete waste of time!! :lol ;) :ok OK, onto the next bet. :drums Bet 27: Lay Villareal v Rangers 0-2 Odds of 70 (1.01449) Stake of £27.60 to win 40p! :hope :loon

1-0 Rangers at present, could this be "the one" ? Hope not
Never in doubt. :unsure
Surely not.... come on Villareal SCOOORRREEEE!!!
They must have heard you. :loon Well then, after a *ahem* slight scare of Rangers actually taking the lead bet 27 is safely in the bag too. :nana The bank is now a whopping £28.04! :lol

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' Quality thread this. Keep it coming. Dunno if you've seen my thread about automated betting on BetFair... but I'm thinking of setting up a new BF account and writing a bot to start from a £20 bank and lay long shots using your method... mostly for fun, but you never know hey! I could get it to go on long shots in every market available... so every horse race and every greyhound race and every football match etc etc etc... it could probably be placing 50 to 100 bets a day (allowing time for the event to be settled and the account to be credited). So, assuming just 50 bets a day, laying 100 to 1 shots, (and no failures!) that's a bank of ~£1092 after 8 days/400 bets... at which point you could cream off £1000 and leave the £92 to run again. Assuming the odds are correct on these options actually winning. The chances of this actually working out are (been a while since I did any stats so correct me if I'm wrong): (1-(99/100))^400 => 17.95/1000 So, long term predictions on this system of yours, played over 400 bets at 100:1... 1000 times.... It's going to cost 1000 x £20 = £20,000.00 And should net you approx 17.951 x £1,000.00 Approx long term profit/loss = -£800.00 But if you're lucky hey! And what a laugh :P Worth every penny!! hehe I know you're messin, but, to go for your cool million you're going to need success 1079 times I reckon. The chances of this working out are about 2 in 100,000... and the last 230 bets are for more than £1K, which is seriously going to limit you to the really liquid football matches... but with just one bet a day, you could do it... if you could hold your nerve at that point!! This is partly why I like my bots - they're emotionless and bet away with abandon. But, 1 in 50,000 - that's WAY better than your chances in the lottery hey! Good luck!!

Get in there! Onwards & Upwards Hodgey!
Hope so mate! :ok
Quality thread this. Keep it coming. Dunno if you've seen my thread about automated betting on BetFair... but I'm thinking of setting up a new BF account and writing a bot to start from a £20 bank and lay long shots using your method... mostly for fun, but you never know hey! I could get it to go on long shots in every market available... so every horse race and every greyhound race and every football match etc etc etc... it could probably be placing 50 to 100 bets a day (allowing time for the event to be settled and the account to be credited). So, assuming just 50 bets a day, laying 100 to 1 shots, (and no failures!) that's a bank of ~£1092 after 8 days/400 bets... at which point you could cream off £1000 and leave the £92 to run again. Assuming the odds are correct on these options actually winning. The chances of this actually working out are (been a while since I did any stats so correct me if I'm wrong): (1-(99/100))^400 => 17.95/1000 So, long term predictions on this system of yours, played over 400 bets at 100:1... 1000 times.... It's going to cost 1000 x £20 = £20,000.00 And should net you approx 17.951 x £1,000.00 Approx long term profit/loss = -£800.00 But if you're lucky hey! And what a laugh :P Worth every penny!! hehe I know you're messin, but, to go for your cool million you're going to need success 1079 times I reckon. The chances of this working out are about 2 in 100,000... and the last 230 bets are for more than £1K, which is seriously going to limit you to the really liquid football matches... but with just one bet a day, you could do it... if you could hold your nerve at that point!! This is partly why I like my bots - they're emotionless and bet away with abandon. But, 1 in 50,000 - that's WAY better than your chances in the lottery hey! Good luck!!
Thanks for your interest and input and :welcome to PL k-f. :ok Interesting idea on laying every horse race, dog race etc. In my (fairly limited) experience of horse racing it appears that long shots appear to come in more regularly than they do in football. :unsure Hence that's why I'm sticking to football only. Also a mate of mine has been trying it recently on horses and has already hit a 100/1 shot costing him £200. To be fair, he's now back slightly ahead again but for my purposes it would be no good at all hitting even one of those! :( So, good luck if you decide to do it and keep us informed of your progress. :ok I'm afraid I'm embarrassed to admit that with the absence of my scientific calculator I cannot see how you get to 17.95/1000! :$ I've done it in Excel and it returns zero, but I take your word for it! ;) I'm sure I did it in GCSE maths many moons ago! :lol At odds of exactly 1.01 I still reckon it would only take 1088 bets in total to reach a million! However, if I maintained my current average odds of 1.0134 it would take a mere 813 bets! :lol Although in reality, I think it would be pretty hard to find someone wanting to back over say £200 on a 100/1 correct score shot and if that's the case I would run out of liquidity around the 500 bet mark, with profits of approx £15,000! :eek Anyway those figures are miles off (2-4 years at the current rate!) but I guess it's nice to dream! :lol Hopefully bet 28 will be tonight....

I'm hooked like a common junky - I have my £50.00 and I can't wait for my first 27p to come rolling in....
Good luck with your picks mate. :ok
Actaully mate' date=' the Technical Term for this system is the "Black Swan" quite why I have no idea but there we go.[/quote'] Hmmm, interesting....!! :lol Well tonight I have 2 possibles but both have some doubt in my mind, especially after a close one last night, so I will leave them. Plenty more games tomorrow. ;)

Well tonight I have 2 possibles but both have some doubt in my mind' date=' especially after a close one last night, so I will leave them. [/quote'] Well well well, the 2 possibilities I had were: Milan 0-3 Bayern - no worries with that one :ok and............... Liverpool 0-2 Benfica :eek :eek :eek Glad I left that one alone. :D

Just started reading this thread. Good work so far. I'll be following it from now on..Good Luck Hodgey.
Sorry I was pushed for time earlier - Glad you're liking it and good luck if you decide to have a dabble. :ok So then Lille win 1-0 so bet 28 is another winner! :nana And the bank is now a whopping £28.35! :lol