** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

1% 'Steady Drip'

Hodgey

Here’s a bit of longterm (hopefully :lol ) fun. I’m sure some of you are aware that if you could add 1% to your start bank every day, after a year your bank would have multiplied by a factor of 36! E.g start bank of £20 equates to £755! Now then, how hard can it be to pick a 1.01 shot?!? :tongue2 (Please read that tongue in cheek as I know that 1.01 shots do go down) Basically I'm gonna give it a go! First bet tonight. Lay Liverpool 0-2, odds of 90 (1.01124) Stake £19.58 to win 21p! (Hmm, odds have shortened to 80 since I layed my bet! Potentially cost me 3p in winnings! :lol ) :hope :loon

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' Good luck with this. :ok In someways to start with £20 is a good idea because you'll never lose anymore than this throughout your thread. However, when you start putting the £100 bets on the line, mentally it will feel much more than losing only £20. Let's hope you suceed! It sounds easy but it's not. Getting 365 winners in a row is a tough one. Do you HAVE to have a bet every day? DC

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip'

Hi Hodgey, where you bet the laybet for 20 pt? on betfair the minimal target usually is 4 pts cheers :cheers
to place a bet on Betfair below minimal here's what you do: 1) place a bet of 4 @ 1.01 2) change the stake on the bet to 4.01 you now have 2 bets, one of 4 @ 1.01 and one of 0.01 @ 1.01 3) cancel the bet of 4 @ 1.01 4) change the odds on the 0.01 bet to whatever odds you want Voila you have a bet with stake of 0.01 Same for laying only start by laying @ 1000.00 then change that bet.

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' Thanks for all your interest fella's. :ok

It's an extremely risky strategy' date=' Hodgey, but good luck with it;)[/quote'] Agreed it's a risky strategy in that the whole bankroll goes on each bet. However as mentioned, the most I will lose is £20. Although, as has also been mentioned, if and that's a big if :lol , I reach the stage where I'm putting on £000's then maybe I will view it differently. Projected bank at 30 days: £27; 90 days: £49; 180 days: £120. Did you decide not to go ahead with it? Were you going to back 1.01 shots (E.g. in running plays or Roger Federer against Tim Henman! :lol ) or lay big prices like me? Feel free to add it in this thread if you fancy having a go. The 365 days was really just an arbitrary figure plucked out to coincide with a year. There will most probably be days where I don't bet (like today) but at busy times (weekends) theoretically there could be 4 or 5 bets a day with all the staggered KO times. Thanks for clearing that up DP. Although when I saw your name on my thread I thought I was in for a :spank telling me of all the pitfalls! :lol

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' There are no pitfalls, it's all or nothing, that simple. At odds of 1.01 you will get a loser within 1000 bets, i just hope it comes after the 365 days and not before. If you want a serious reply then i'd say this is a complete waste of time, but it's your time and as long as you have fun along the way... good luck :ok If anyone thought Martingale was bad... here's Hodgey :clap ;)

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' 2-3 :eek Bit closer than I expected, especially after an hour! :loon Bank now £20.47 :lol Bet 3: Lay Egypt v Congo 0-2 Odds of 90 (1.01124) Stake of £19.58 to win 22p! :hope :loon Give it a go McGin - a complete waste of time but a bit of fun none the less. :ok

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' Good luck with this one... After your first post i deceided to give it a go my self to help my betfair account to grow a bit, or just go bankrupt. :dude I layed blackburn 2-0 man united.. @30 So i have deceided to take greater risk than you.. But i ALWAYS miss when i back correct score, so this must be the way ahead. ;) yesterday i layed unquted scores in herenveen vs ajax.. Any team with 4 goals, and it would have been a looser.. Glad they didnt make another one in 90min.. But @7.6 it was layed at.... Agree with data that it could be waste of time with @1.01 but good luck with it.. :ok

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' Gooooooooooooal (well actually 2!) Egypt. :D Another winner! :nana Bank now stands at £20.68! :lol Cheers for you good wishes cains. And good luck with your ventures - 7.6 is waaaay too risky for me! :eek

Agree with data that it could be waste of time with @1.01 but good luck with it.. :ok
Never ;) The bank will be at £21 in no time! :hope :rollin

to place a bet on Betfair below minimal here's what you do: 1) place a bet of 4 @ 1.01 2) change the stake on the bet to 4.01 you now have 2 bets, one of 4 @ 1.01 and one of 0.01 @ 1.01 3) cancel the bet of 4 @ 1.01 4) change the odds on the 0.01 bet to whatever odds you want Voila you have a bet with stake of 0.01 Same for laying only start by laying @ 1000.00 then change that bet.
I don't get it ... (especially the part 'you now have 2 bets') How do you do it exactly?

How about splitting the pot when you get to £100 (or some other figure) build it up then split again - when the loser eventually hits you won't have lost all the previous work and may well have a few nice runs going.
Yes good idea. I had thought about that, but £100 is still miles off. Cross that bridge if (when:ok ) we come to it..... :hope
I dare say that I'm wrong & someone will post the maths to prove it but isn't 1.01 1/100 & therefore isn't it a loser within 100 bets?
I thought that too when DP posted it but didn't want to question the mighty one's logic! :$ :lol
I don't get it ... (especially the part 'you now have 2 bets') How do you do it exactly?
Follow DP's instructions and it does exactly what it says on the tin. :ok

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' This is the part I don't get : 2) change the stake on the bet to 4.01 you now have 2 bets, one of 4 @ 1.01 and one of 0.01 @ 1.01 OK, I put a 4€-bet @ 1.01 When I change the stake to 4.01€, I don't have two bets, but one bet of 4.01€ ... What do I have to do exactly to have 2 bets, a 0.01 and a 4.00 ?

OK, I put a 4€-bet @ 1.01 When I change the stake to 4.01€, I don't have two bets, but one bet of 4.01€ ... What do I have to do exactly to have 2 bets, a 0.01 and a 4.00 ?
Hmmm.... :unsure Press submit?

I think I found it : you actually have to do the bet' date=' but look out it is unmatched, otherwise you can not cancel it ...[/quote'] That's right Tony - press submit! :loon But if you put it in at 1.01 it don't matter if it's unmatched or not - I mean who in their right mind would back 1.01 shots anyway! :lol ;)