Six Nations

Re: Six Nations I fancy Scotland to cover the h/cap

SportRugby
Event6 Nations: Scotland V England
SelectionScotland +12.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date25/02/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.02 (Back)
ReasoningRoared on by the home ground I think Scotland will run england very close. Scotland played impressively to beat France and battled bravely against Wales when reduced to 14 men. England played poorly against Scotland and are going to have to improve if they are going to cover the h/cap.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Six Nations Ireland Vs Wales OVER 47pts @1.9 bet 365 Wales continue to play an expansive running game.The Irish showed just how devastating they can be with ball in hand, they put on a tremendous display of attacking rugby in the second half against France.The game is likely to break up in the second half and I feel there will be ample opportunities for tries to be scored. I was tempted with bigger prices for around the 55pt mark, but am erring on the side of caution and playing the over 47pts @1.9

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Six Nations Initially thought that the home teams would cover the margins this week quite easily. Had a few doubts on ireland with the weather but as I believe that Scotland aren't that strong and are getting by primarily on passion I just can't see them out passioning Ireland at home. Therefore my bets will be on the home side covering the margins all at Centrebet. 1pt Wales -12.5 @ 1.85 1pt Ireland -8.5 @ 1.87 1pt France -4.5 @ 1.90 Good luck all. Cheers CK

Re: Six Nations Wales have played poorly this 6 nations, while italy have done better than expected so I reckon Italy wil cover the h/cap.

SportRugby
EventWales v Italy
SelectionItaly +12.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date11/03/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.97 (Back)
ReasoningWales were thrashed by Ireland & England who are both not firing on all cylinders. Wales only scraped a win against Scotland and that was in the main due to having a man advantage for more than 40 minutes. Meanwhile Italy have run Ireland, France & England all close in this seasons 6 nations. Italy were leading France at half time, and only in the final stages did they pull away. It was a similar story against England.
Also the Italy/wales is worth a punt 9 @ ladbrokes, Italy led against France at ht before losing, and the same could happen again with Italy tiring after leading at ht.

Re: Six Nations 11 Mar 17:20 3.80432 Galler v İtalya 1X2 @ 1.18 1.00 0.00 lost 11 Mar 18:44 Ireland v Scotland 1X2 @ 1.3 Fransa v İngiltere 1X2 @ 1.55 Sorry to interrupt guys; Was my first bet on this Rugby (or second I don't remember; A superbowl final maybe it was about 1 month ago? Wales lost against Italy; And my combo lost as you see above; Not big money I lost, just a few pence; I just bet for fun... what ı wonder is that is it very common in this league to see such surprises... As you see I avoided handicaps, just straight bets; and lost

Re: Six Nations I'm tempted to do Wales for the wooden spoon(3.40 with Betfair).Bit concerned with final fixture's being staggered throughout day(?!),but large % of bet hinges on Italy beating Scotland in Rome(from memory they have done so in past?),which given their performances to date,must be possible.Would imagine they will be well up for it,in front of their fans.Well,more than Scots,anyway.Should this happen,any France win in Wales would suffice.Obviously,Wales would then be quite keen to avoid defeat,to not receive wooden spoon,but are they capable? France will be going for the win which should ensure 6 Nations title,knowing Ire may beat Eng in last fixture.Anyone care to put me off? :loon

Re: Six Nations Scotland haven't won away since 2002 :eek and have lost twice to Italy in 6N (both in Italy) since Italy came in, 2000. That said, history is bunk. I shade the Scotland win. But 3.40 is a good price they won't. (assuming Wales lose). A draw is a losing bet on your wooden spoon. Wales have won one (v Scots) and drawn one (v Italy) so have a locked 3 points. Win = 2 pts, Draw = 1pt. Points difference for Italy & Wales is the same (-50). But is irrelevant. table here http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/Six_Nations/story_48286.shtml Hope this helps!

Re: Six Nations Cheers Pie-chucker.Got on yesterday at those odds,though notice they are 3.45 at time of writing.Not a big deal,on my kind of stakes! Was aware of French draw effectively destroying bet,but sure they'll be going for win and not giving Irish better chance later in the day.Got to say, i am surprised Scots get +5 h'cap,tho.I wd of thought scratch would be closer,IMO.We'll see.....Also,think +8 is tad generous for Ireland.:eek

Re: Six Nations Scotland +2 in Rome. Scots to cover if line-out works. Hopefully open game in Cardiff but I take France to win 6N in style and cover the +11. Planet-Rugby pundit has Wales to win by one point. Ireland can beat woeful England for the 3rd time in a row. But best back them on handicap of -7. Sell Eng/Ire shirt supremacy on the spin spread at 12. Any sell in double figures usually works out in tight games. And low scoring games as this might be.:ok

Re: Six Nations Like many I have been impressed with the Italians, but I do wonder whether that is, in part, caused by this 6N seeming worse in quality than last year. There is no doubt that they have improved, but as much as appears? As far as this weekends matches are concerned... Italy v Scotland...subject to results Scotland can still win this tournament...they certainly have a better chance than England. As stated, Italy have improved but so have the Scots. If their lineout has parity then they cover the handicap. I also prefer Cussiter at 9 Wales v France...The players wanted the coach gone, got that, then haven't performed. Woefully lacking in confidence and missing the one bright spot (Peel) of the campaign. I expect France to win but do not see them covering the handicap. Have any of us seriously been impressed with France either? No doubt they can turn it on but, frankly, they should have beaten England by more last week. England v Ireland...more guile in the England team but Lewesey not even being in the squad is absurd. It also rarely helps to make so many changes in one go. Something, however, still puts me off ireland. A poor Wales made them look very good but, for the first 20 minutes, that poor Wales should have put more points on them than they did. Ireland also strike me as the type of team who will 'bottle' the big one. Meaning, for this Welshman, England to win a close match and Robinson, therefore, still in charge for the World Cup!! So, this 6N won't have been all bad.

Re: Six Nations Two bets for me this week both @ Centrebet. Fancy France to really turn it on at Cardiff and with Wales still unsettled can see them covering this double digit spread. Also think we may see a different England this week. Couple of changes and Ireland are being talked up too much IMO. Both these points point me to England covering. 1pt France -11.5 v Wales @ 1.90 1pt England -6.5 v Ireland @ 1.90 Good luck all. Cheers CK 6N to date (settled): Staked 10 Returned 11.2 Yield 12%

Re: Six Nations I agree that France can beat the h/cap:

SportRugby
EventSix Nations: Wales v France
SelectionFrance -11.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength9/10
Date18/03/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.93 (Back)
ReasoningFrance will want to make sure of victory with Ireland playing England this evening. France will look for a good win as the championship could come down to goal difference. France look back to their best after their comprehensive victory over England. Wales meanwhile have had a poor tournament and were held at home to Italy last time out.