Six Nations

Re: Six Nations

What a performance. Can't wait for England to come to Murrayfield , no doubt they will be expecting a stroll in the park just like France were
In my opinion, Scotland's performace was only as good as France's was bad... Still, a memorable day at Murrayfield, the England game should be a great event.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Scotland's performace was only as good as France's was bad... Still, a memorable day at Murrayfield, the England game should be a great event.
I agree - France were crap. Still a great win for Scotland. England were qualiy yesterday, and if they play like that all tournament I don't think anyone will stop them

CK, as an outside punt I like Italy/Ireland HT/FT. There's no value with Centrebet (10.00) but Stanjames in the UK go 16-1. It's not impossible. Also see Rugbylad's recommendation (post 11). It's the same handicap as Centrebet who go Italy +11.5.
:clap Pie-chucker I was never going to be that brave on the HT/FT. As I posted I thought Ireland looked vulnerable and was quite happy to take the 24.5 start. Two out of three, good start to the year roll on next week. Cheers CK

If you're looking for a fun series bet have a fiver ew on Sean Lamont who is a Scotland wing. If he ends up in the top 4 try scorers it pays 20-1 ----quarter odds, quoted at 80-1 as top try scorer with bl sq.
Not a bad start yesterday. Lamont bagged 2 tries and in recent times 4 has been enough to win it. So :hope for you my good man.

Re: Six Nations So this Weekend, England are certain to beat Italy but there is no value i backing them at 1/50 or the like, handicap betting is risky as it basically depends how much England want to win by I will be staying away from this one. France will most likely beat Ireland, however they are under immense pressure back home and severely miss Jauzion, the French rugby mentality suggests that they are more likely to lose their heads and give away penalties and recieve yellow and red cards. I see value in backing Ireland at 5-1. Why are Wales favourites? :unsure Scotland were excellent in the first half in particular last week and now seem to have something out wide to go with what has always been a competitive pack. Wales have an injury nightmare, and not sufficient depth in their squad to deal with it. Ladbrokes are offering Scotland (+8) at 10/11, I think this is a great bet. Anyone got any thoughts before I go lump on Scotland?

Re: Six Nations The only problem is that Wales are now at home and must impress, but their injury problem is bad. Scotland played fairly well, but France were poor. It could be argued that if the Welsh didn't have the man sin binned when they did the game would have been alot closer. I think the +8 Scotland would be the best bet, but I will not be betting on this.

Re: Six Nations I'll tell you Wales are favourites! For 60 mins on Saturday we matched England all the way and only lost our way when Martin Williams got his yellow card and in the last 20 mins England went berserk! Scotland are nothing like a good side and produced a great performance to beat France but bear in mind the result when we went up to Scotland and spanked them comfortably. I'll happily back Wales -5.5 @ 1.85 on centrebet to prove my confidence.

Re: Six Nations Expect to get a better picture of all teams relative strengths after this weeks games. Like the look of Italy to put up some resistance at home, France to bounce back and who knows in the Wales/Scotland game. I'm going: 1pt Italy +12.5 at H/T @ 1.90 (Centrebet) 1pt France -13.5 @ 1.90 (Centrebet) 1pt Wales to score first v Scotland @ 1.75 (Centrebet) Good luck all. Cheers CK 6 Nations to date (settled): Staked 3 Returned 3.8 Yield 27%

Re: Six Nations Italy V England - Italy +25 Coral evens I thought the Italians were a little unlucky against the Irish and under the French man Berbizier they have a strong tight-five and much improved centre partnership. With England there was an improvement especially in the English back line play last Saturday and they enjoyed so much possession and territory but against a depleted Welsh line-up and most of the points came towards the end of the game when Wales had thrown the towel in, but I can't see the Italians doing the same.

SportRugby
SelectionTotal Match Points over 48.5
Date2006-02-11
EventItaly v England
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.79 (Back)
ReasoningEngland were very convincing against Wales and can see them getting a lot of points here, Italy are not the easy touch they used to be and will get a few points themselves Last three games in Italy 2004: Ita 9-50 Eng 2002: Ita 9-45 Eng 2000: Ita 12-59 Eng

Re: Six Nations i'm feeling sick at the final whistle . I had taken french -15 on the handicap and when they're leading 43-3 , you got to say , you have the money in the bag . How the heck ireland came back is amazing . Shame on you france , you're going to be shot by those those backed the handicap on you today . I'm not impressive with 30 mins left . Rugby is a game of 80 mins and not 50min . Had this be 50 mins , i would have won comfortably . I'm still sick after all this mumbling . :(