Six Nations

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Six Nations The best bet i can see is France to score most tries in tournament @ 2.5 on willhill. They play more in the backs than any of the other teams, and have the most dynamic back row. They should really win every game, being at home to England and Ireland. I would have though will be scoring the most points in the tournament, but this is obviously speculation at this stage. I have gone with this anyway!

Re: Six Nations Bobby, I think the best way into Italy is take the half-time handicap. You get +11.5 pts with centrebet. Ireland may pull away in the second half. The bet of the round is Scotland on the handicap. They could be a surprise package, being better than the some of individual parts. The opener last season, in Paris, was 16-9 France and as Italy are fast to start, France are slow. If you're looking for a fun series bet have a fiver ew on Sean Lamont who is a Scotland wing. If he ends up in the top 4 try scorers it pays 20-1 ----quarter odds, quoted at 80-1 as top try scorer with bl sq. France most tries, Rat. Wouldn't argue with that.

Re: Six Nations Im not so sure. I think Wales could give them a game. My focus is on our game on Sunday though. Scotland (+15) at 10/11 with Blue Square will definetly be my bet. Murrayfield will be packed and with expectations high I really have a good feeling about this game. The chances are France will get on top of us late on but I cant see them winning by far. The handicap looks good to me. Anyone else have any views on this?

Re: Six Nations

Bobby, I think the best way into Italy is take the half-time handicap. You get +11.5 pts with centrebet. Ireland may pull away in the second half.
Totally agree with you here Pie-Chucker.....Ireland traditionally slow starters, 24pts is big but the Italians are likely to tire...therefore the bet is: Italy +12pts Half-time handicap - stanjames

Re: Six Nations I beg to differ on the Ireland v Italy match, I think the handicap flatters Italy. Ireland have a good mix this year. All the injured players and more importantly leaders missing Novemeber are back, Bod & Darcy are playing really well in the Celtic league (better than 2004 IMO) and the pretty much all Munster pack can do the business. I think Ireland will win by 30-35 points. I think France will also cover the first half spread against Scotland too.

Re: Six Nations Thanks guys.I have done a disposable fiver on the following treble using Paddy Power's alternative h'cap list:Scotland+17(8/13),Wales+17(8/13)and Italy+29(4/7).Just think all 3 underdogs will keep losses to a respectable margin,on opening weekend.Hope so! :rollin

Re: Six Nations Personally think England may give Wales a bit of a lesson this weekend. Their team looks strong right across the path and as long as they use their midfielders to set up 2nd phase or as dummy runners there is enough in the rest of the team to score a few points. They will defend well at home so margin is coverable IMO. Hard to get a good read on Italy but reports are they appear stronger than last year. Something about Ireland makes me feel they will be vulnerable this year so am leaning towards Italy covering. Reports on Scotland have them as stronger this year as well but can't go past France in this one. Looking at the two teams player v player France is stronger right across the board. No value in the HTH's this week so taking on the margin appears to be the go. 1pt England -14.5 @ 1.90 (Centrebet) 1pt Italy +24.5 @ 1.85 (NZTab) 1pt France -14.5 @ 1.90 (Centrebet) Cheers CK

Re: Six Nations

I beg to differ on the Ireland v Italy match, I think the handicap flatters Italy. Ireland have a good mix this year. All the injured players and more importantly leaders missing Novemeber are back, Bod & Darcy are playing really well in the Celtic league (better than 2004 IMO) and the pretty much all Munster pack can do the business. I think Ireland will win by 30-35 points. I think France will also cover the first half spread against Scotland too.
I have to admit I share your sentiments on the Ireland-Italy game. This really is one which will be determined by Ireland more than anything - if they're up for it from the off, the handicap could look a steal. Ultimately, that would well come down to their first half performance - I'd imagine the Irish would need at least a 7-10pt lead at HT to clear the handicap. Nevertheless, I do feel backing Ireland on the -22 handicap is worth a shout... ;)

Re: Six Nations I see this as a chance for Ireland to send out a message to the rest and I will be looking for them to throw the ball around from the start. If they let Italy get into a stride it could be a long day for the handicap betters..... Although I feel Ireland will make the handicap im going for Ireland Try 1st Scoring play 3/1 Skybet 3pts T.Bowe to win MOTM 20/1 PaddyPower 1pt Football-Tipper :)

Re: Six Nations Big egg on face thinking Wales would hold England to 15. :spank But had a big afternoon based on Italy's first half. Draw/Ireland combo (tipped on other site) paid 25-1. :cow Seeing what Eng did to Wales, am worried about my Scotland handicap shout. Oh well. It's the old thing; depends which France turns up.