** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Slapdash systems 2006

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 3.50 Leicester Keepthedream alive (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. Slight odds on favourite and a second favourite around 2/1. At the best early price of 9/1, we'd get place odds of 2.80, compared to a lay price on Betfair of 1.89. The win price on Betfair is 10.50, only a shade higher than the best early price. As usual with these races with two short priced market leaders, I'll take SP.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 3.50 Leicester Mythical King (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. Slight odds on favourite and a second favourite around 2/1. At the best early price of 16/1 (at Stan James), we'd get place odds of 4.20, compared to a lay price on Betfair of 2.96. The win price on Betfair is 19.00, a bit higher than the best early price, but that's OK with such a large discrepancy in place prices. As usual with these races with two short priced market leaders, I'll take SP, although most bookies are going 12/1, so it could easily turn out better to take Stan James' 16/1.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 3.00 Catterick Diamond Cutter (40/1 Bet365) 10 points EW. Large handicap system. Betfair win price is 38.00 and lay price for the place on Betfair is 8.00, compared to the 11.00 we're getting. A non-runner has cut the race down to 16 runners, and there's the danger of another NR cutting it down to only three places, but it's by no means a marginal selection, so I'll take the risk.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 3.35 Southwell Powder Creek (100/1 UKBetting) 10 points EW. Large handicap system. Betfair win price is 90.00 and lay price for the place on Betfair is 16.00, compared to the 26.00 we're getting. Only a tiny amount offered at 16.00, mind you, but there has been a little traded at even shorter prices. Another race with only 16 runners, so again there's the danger of a NR cutting it down to only three places. Wonder how long this price will last?

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Two losers, although Our Armageddon came fourth. 40 points lost. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 1387.40 Total Staked: 960 W/P/L: 9/12/27 Profit/Loss: +387.40 (Win +249.00, Place +138.40) Yield: +40.35% By the way, SLH, I was in a bit of a hurry when I replied to your post, and forgot to say :welcome to Punters Lounge!

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 3.30 Leopardstown Finger Onthe Pulse (9/2 William Hill/Ladbrokes) 10 points EW. Each way system. The favourite is around even money. We're getting 1.90 for the place, compared to a lay price of 1.68 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price of 5.30 is also a touch less than we're getting. I'll take the price as other bookies have already cut the price.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 4.40 Hereford She's Humble (7/1 Ladbrokes) 10 points EW. Each way system. The favourite is odds on. We're getting 2.40 for the place, compared to a lay price of 1.95 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price of 7.80 is also a touch less than we're getting. Other bookies have much shorter prices, so I'll take the 7/1.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 2.00 Ludlow Adventurist (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. The favourite is odds on, and there's a clear second favourite. We'd get 3.20 for the place at the best early price of 11/1 (Betfred), compared to a lay price of 2.86 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price of 11.50 is also a touch less than we're getting. As in other races with a clear first and second favourite, I'll take SP, but since Betfred seem the only bookie offering 11/1, I should maybe take that.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 2.30 Ludlow Norma Hill (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. There are short-priced first and second favourites. We'd get 2.00 for the place at the best early price of 5/1, compared to a lay price of 1.59 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price of 6.20 is close enough to what we're getting. As in other races with a clear first and second favourite, I'll take SP.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 2.20 Southwell Great as Gold (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. There's an odds on favourite and another at around 11/4. We'd get 2.30 for the place at the best early price of 13/2, compared to a lay price of 1.82 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price of 7.80 is close enough to what we're getting. I'll guess to take SP, but as Bet365 are the only ones with 13/2, it might be right to take that.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Well, the horses did OK (Adventurist placed at 12/1, Norma Hill won at 100/30, and Great as Gold placed at 9/2). But I made some really rubbish decisions to take SP instead of early prices! Still, a 53 point profit. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 1439.40 Total Staked: 1040 W/P/L: 10/15/27 Profit/Loss: +439.40 (Win +252.33, Place +187.07) Yield: +42.25%