** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 3.20 Wolverhampton Opera Comica (12/1 Ladbrokes) 10 points EW. Each way system. Short priced first and second favourites. We're getting 3.40 for the place, compared to a lay price of 2.72 on Betfair, and the win price on Betfair is 12.50, slightly less than we're getting. Since all other bookmakers have lower prices (as low as 8/1), I'll take the 12/1.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 2.00 Southwell Kintbury Cross (13/2 Stan James) 10 points EW. A race with an odds-on favourite. We're getting 2.30 for the place compared with a lay price of 1.82 on Betfair, and the win price on Betfair is 7.80, just a little higher than we're getting. Other bookies have prices as low as 9/2, so I'll take the price.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 4.50 Lingfield Oasis Sun (25/1 Ladbrokes) 10 points EW. Each way system. The favourite is about even money. We're getting 7.25 for the place, if 12 runners start, compared to a lay price of 5.7 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price is 27.00, only slightly more than we're getting. Since many bookmakers have cut this to as low as 16/1 already, I'll take the price.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Abbeygate came 4th but two non-runners cut it to 3places:( Since we had only one race I managed to make some snapshots: http://members.chello.cz/slh/ It might help someone. I put extra money on Blue Business (@SP=9,5) when the price hit 10 so the today loss is not so big (2,7 for place against 1,9-2 which was in that moment). The win price was moving between 10 and 12.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

2.40 Taunton Blushing Bull and Blue Business (both 11/2 at Sporting Odds) 10 points EW on each.
Blue Business placed and Blushing Bull lost, so 19 points lost. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 1470.07 Total Staked: 1600 W/P/L: 12/25/43 Profit/Loss: +470.07 (Win +242.33, Place +227.74) Yield: +29.38%

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Agree about Tufty Hopper, but since some bookmakers are as low as 7/1, I'll be taking the price. It'll probably turn out I'm wrong to do that, though! 1.50 Fakenham Tufty Hopper (10/1 Stan James) 10 points EW. Each way system. Short priced first and second favourites. We're getting 3.00 for the place, compared to a lay price of 2.40 on Betfair. The win price on Betfair is slightly higher, at 12.00.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 4.50 Fakenham Rosita Bay (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. Short priced first and second favourites. At the best early price of 7/1, we'd get 2.40 for the place, compared to a lay price of 1.80 on Betfair. The win price on Betfair is a bit higher, at 9.00, but the difference in place prices is enough to make up for that. Not that much difference between bookies' prices for this, so as usual in a race with two short-priced runners, I'll take SP.

Big race at 1.10 in Haydock looks promising. Robo @51 (Sportingbet) - other bookies have 34 or 41. Win price at BF is 55 and 10 for place (we get 13,5) Kivotos @15 (Sportingbet) - other bookies have 12-13. Win price at BF is 16 and 3,75 for place (we get 4,5)
Kivotos is a bit close for me now, with a lay price of 3.95. But Robbo looks good. 1.10 Haydock Robbo (50/1 Sporting Odds) 10 points EW. Large handicap system. We're getting 13.50 for the place, compared to a lay price of 10.00 on Betfair, and the win price on Betfair is 50.00.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 3.10 Wolverhampton Creme Brulee (SP) 10 points EW. An odds-on favourite, and there has just been a non-runner. I think 11/4 is the best early price that won't have a Rule 4 deduction, which would give a place price of 1.55, compared to a lay price of 1.28 on Betfair. The Betfair win price is 4.20. I have no idea what will happen to the price, but I'll guess to take SP.

Ignore this message. I thought that the price is not adjusted by the NR...sorry.
I'm actually not sure whether Stan James have formed a new market (in which case the 3/1 would stand). Often bookmakers don't make this clear on their sites, though you can phone them to check. I assumed earlier that they hadn't yet formed a new market, as they didn't seem to have made any adjustments following the NR, but it's been a while now and they still haven't adjusted.

I'm actually not sure whether Stan James have formed a new market (in which case the 3/1 would stand). Often bookmakers don't make this clear on their sites, though you can phone them to check. I assumed earlier that they hadn't yet formed a new market, as they didn't seem to have made any adjustments following the NR, but it's been a while now and they still haven't adjusted.
Interesting. When I was placing my bet NR the horse was listed as a NR so I would expect that the price was already adjusted. New lesson for me.