** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts - BDO World Championships

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships I'm going Thursday - Quarter final night :nana Only 2 matches that night but hopefully some quality. Barney will be playing friday :( if he gets through ;) went a few years ago when Fordham won. Managed to be on front table & grabbed all the players as they left the stage, fordham's handshake was like an hour in a spin washer! His forearms are bigger than my legs. Great night to be had all round, bookies on site & some luvvverrlly ladies in there also (not the ones you see on the TV!).

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships After the great tip from Gaz, it seems to me that Whitlock is now overrated by the bookies, a stingy 1.2 to beat Hanvidge. Whilst I was impressed with Whitlock, I was also very impressed with Hanvidge against Co Stompe yesterday. My head is telling me to lay Whitlock in the next round, but then again my head is always telling me to do stupid things. How would you assess the above Gaz, I could quite easily be talking out of my arse, I just think Hanvidge played equally as well, arguably against better opposition.

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships He is a Klaas act! laying the heavy favourite appears to be a good strategy for the second round. Whenever I post I thought Hanvidge was excellent again last night, even though he lost the first two sets. I didnt see Atkins' first round match and no nothing about him...other than the comments on this thread. Backing Atkins @ 3.7 in the hope that he can get off to a good start in my head seems like the sensible selection. How do you assess Atkins chances this evening against Martin Adams?

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships

If there is any truth that this match was fixed' date=' its an absolute disgrace.[/quote'] The fact that days before the match that people were in the know what the score was going to be; correct set score betting was suspended because the eventual score was backed off the board and the throwing was suspect would lead one to believe that there is more than a little truth in the fact that the match was fixed. :tongue2 Having said all that both players have been cleared by the BDO so it must have been a coincidence. The players were told about the betting activity and were distraught - they are the most honest people in the world Olly Croft BDO managing director