** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts - BDO World Championships

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships Gaz After some cracking tipping in the PDC tournament, i've got to follow.. Got the Evs at BSQ and covered the set betting as well 3-0, 3-1, 3-2 Looking forward to some more tips as there must be a few unknowns in this tournament Bings

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships

Alot can happen in a year' date=' so its not for me. It will be alot tougher next year, as a few players may have switched over. If you don't mind your money being tied up for a year though, I can't see you getting that price in December.[/quote'] Any clues as to who the others are Gaz? I know Adams played the PDC events a few years back would he be one? I'm guessing King, Fordham, Fitton and O'Shea are other potential candidates?

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships If Whitlock will win 9 out of 10, I will take that, Gaz. Is Fordham out of sorts in a big way? The bookies don't seem to think so. Where can I see recent BDO tournament results. The official site seems shite. Always a danger with a short game though, first to 3 sets. I was reading on the official site from a recent-ish tournament referring to an 'in-form Andy Fordham'. Know anything about that? My bum is getting a bit squitty after laying down a wodge on Whitlock earlier today. Cheers Gaz. I see you're playing at the Prospect in Sunderland this weekend, for the UK qualifiers? Shame, I'll be watching in Newcastle at the Newton Park pub where the other heats are. Will be there on the Sunday, so if (I mean when) you make it to the last 8, remember to wear a Punter's Lounge t shirt or something so I know who you are.

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships I'll be going with 2 outsiders for a bit of interest: Jelle Klaasen @ 150/1 Sp odds Brian Sorensen @ 150/1 Betdirect Brian has to overcome the mighty Barney in the 1st round. Not impossible for reigning champs to be beaten 1st round. Only best of 5 so not much time to get back if you start poorly. Tony Eccles is best of the rest @ 25/1 with Hills. Take all 3 ew.

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships 1st quarter Jelle Klaasen (Ned) v Dennis Harbour (Eng) (1) Mervyn King (Eng) v Brian Woods (Eng) Mareno Michels (Ned) v Paul Hogan (Eng) (8) Ted Hankey (Eng) v Albertino Essers (Ned) 2nd quarter Shaun Greatbatch (Eng) v Niels de Ruiter (Ned) (5) Tony Eccles (Eng) v Per Laursen (Den) Co Stompe (Ned) v Paul Hanvidge (Sco) (4) Simon Whitlock (Aus) v Andy Fordham (Eng) 3rd quarter Martin Atkins (Eng) v Gerald Porter (Ire) (2) Martin Adams (Eng) v Darryl Fitton (Eng) Ulf Ceder (Fin) v Mike Veitch (Sco) (7) John Walton (Eng) v Stephen Roberts (Eng) 4th quarter Ross Montgomery (Sco) v Vincent van der Voort (Ned) (6) Tony O'Shea (Eng) v Tony West (Eng) Gary Robson (Eng) v Gary Anderson (Eng) (3) Raymond van Barneveld (Ned) v Brian Sorensen (Den) Odds from Bet365: To win the 1st quarter: Mervyn King 8/13 Ted Hankey 15/8 Paul Hogan 18/1 Mareno Michaels 18/1 Albertino Essers 22/1 Jelle Klassen 25/1 Brian Woods 28/1 Dennis Harbour 33/1 Surely, King vs Hankey in the quarter-final? King edges it. To win the 2nd quarter: Tony Eccles 9/4 Simon Whitlock 7/2 Andy Fordham 4/1 Shaun Greatbatch 7/1 Co Stompe 7/1 Paul Hanvidge 10/1 Niels De Ruiter 12/1 Per Laursen 14/1 Hmmm. Eccles has occasionally flattered to deceive. Whitlock's merely competent but not special. Surely one of those two though. One of these years Eccles will go great guns. To in the 3rd quarter: Martin Adams 13/8 Darryl Fitton 9/4 John Walton 9/2 Martin Atkins 8/1 Mike Veitch 9/1 Ulf Ceder 16/1 Gerry Porter 25/1 Steve Roberts 33/1 Could be Walton vs Adams/Fitton in the quarter-final. Atkins and Veitch would be alternatives if those three blow-up. Adams shades it for me. To win the 4th quarter: Raymond Barneveld 4/11 Tony O'Shea 7/1 Gary Anderson 12/1 Gary Robson 12/1 Vincent Van Der Voort 14/1 Tony West 14/1 Brian Sorensen 25/1 Ross Montgomery 50/1 Hard to think there'd be a surprise here. No money on it but surely van Barneveld here? Tough second round match for him though from one of the Garys. ========== BAH!! I remember betting on Tony O'Shea in the first round last year and came a cropper when he lost and I found out only after the match he had a fooking dislocated shoulder (Tony fell down a stairway on Boxing Day 2004!). I was right annoyed. :@ Can't disagree at this moment in time with Simon beating Andy and Tony O'Shea beating Tony West. Fordham's supposedly practising the hell out of himself to get himself out of a funk and only the politics scares me. Simon should spoil the party. O'Shea should shade out West. Not much value out there. Three potentially very good matches to watch in the form of: * Tony O'Shea versus Tony West * Martin Adams vs Daryl Fitton * Gary Robson vs Gary Anderson van Barnevald isn't a 1/14 shot against Brian Sorensen who's improved since last year (Brian even won the British Open but he didn't have any 'tough competition' to win it). Raymond should win but he's not a 1/14 shot. Raymond van Barneveld losing against Martin Atkins back in September? Who'd have thunk it? http://www.dartswdf.com/results/WDT/2005/WTfront05.html The BDO site's is infinitely worser than the PDC one. The WDF's site's not to bad to try and gauge some form. http://www.dartswdf.com/

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships

I'll be going with 2 outsiders for a bit of interest: Jelle Klaasen @ 150/1 Sp odds Brian Sorensen @ 150/1 Betdirect Brian has to overcome the mighty Barney in the 1st round. Not impossible for reigning champs to be beaten 1st round. Only best of 5 so not much time to get back if you start poorly. Tony Eccles is best of the rest @ 25/1 with Hills. Take all 3 ew.
i got klaasen at 150's on 5th Jan (last thurs):ok