** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts - BDO World Championships

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships I need a little bit of help. I've backed Klassen E/W @125/1 my stake was £1.39, £2.78 in total. E/W gives you 1/3 of odd for 1st and 2nd. I was just wonder ho I can guarantee say £100 by laying him. I can get 5.1 on Betfair for the lay at the min. I'm not quite sure how to work this out and wonder if someone can advise me please? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships topnotchbloke you should lay £34.68 @ 5.1, this would guarantee a profit of £31.56 for the win bet, 5% commission included. The odds would have to get down to 1.7 to guarantee £100 win. Not sure about the place bit, more complicated. Hope that helps.

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships Now to be laid @ 1.5 to reach the final;) Also possible to square the book on O'Shea who is just half his original price to win the whole thing (Barneveld 1.30 to beat him tomorrow - anyway, if Barneveld doesn't reach the final, it should be an easy job for Klaasen);)

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships If van Barnevald beats Klaasen in the final, I suppose RTL and maybe to an extent Sky Sports may very well be interested in setting up a Raymond van Barneveld vs Phil Taylor (well Raymond won't!) and a Jelle Klaasen vs Adrian Lewis showdown. Tonight's matches? You'd have to expect Adams will beat Veitch although it's anyone's guess if it'll be comfortable or not. I'm not gonna even bother predicting van Barneveld vs O'Shea but I'd like to see an upset! :lol

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships

If van Barnevald beats Klaasen in the final, I suppose RTL and maybe to an extent Sky Sports may very well be interested in setting up a Raymond van Barneveld vs Phil Taylor (well Raymond won't!) and a Jelle Klaasen vs Adrian Lewis showdown. Tonight's matches? You'd have to expect Adams will beat Veitch although it's anyone's guess if it'll be comfortable or not. I'm not gonna even bother predicting van Barneveld vs O'Shea but I'd like to see an upset! :lol
Same here! Heres hoping :hope

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships Klassen is the most over-rated darts player in both the BDO and PDC. He played King, who had a better 3 dart average than him, but just couldnt hit the doubles. Then the game last night, was anyone watching the same game as me? Terrible scoring, hugely inconsistent, and if he was up against someone half decent, he would have lost. Think he's only been getting around a 90 average, which would mean he would get slaughtered in the PDC. Hell, even Adams got a 95+ average in the last match. Hes lucky that hes avoided the bottom half of the draw, as Barny, O'Shea and Adams would all beat him. Now he plays Greatbatch, which when you consider this is the SEMI FINAL of a World Chmapionship, thats an extremely attractive semi final opponent. The over-hyping of Klassen, and people calling him the next big thing, just highlighted to me the huge gulf between the BDO and the PDC. For example; Adrian Lewis (20) average in losing to Manley in the quarter final, 95+. Klassen (21) average in winning quater final, 90.

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships Some thoughts on tonights games: I feel Adams will win his game, but am not going to bet at the odds given. Not worth the risk. Barny should beat O'Shea. However, I dont think its a cut and dry, guaranteed victory for him, so wont be betting on this. What Im going to bet on: Veitch +2.5 O'Shea +2.5 Think those look very attractive. I expect both of these games to be pretty close. You can also get: Shaun Greatbatch +2.5. I dont believe the hype for Klassen, so this seems a decent bet. Ive also put a bet on both games tonight going over 7 sets.

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships 10pts Barneveld to win outright @ 2.18 Betfair Just checking the prices out of curiosity and I see that Barney is 2.18 to win yet another World Title! Ok, he hasn't been in sparkling form, but everyone knows he has the extra gear and if he hits it, then I doubt anyone will go with it. Klaasen is the only danger imo, but I think he is very much underpriced now. Barney should make good use of his experience to get another BDO title under his belt on what seems his BDO swansong, which is extra motivation for him to win this year. Delighted to be on at a generous 2.18.

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships Thought my: Veitch +2.5 O'Shea +2.5 Bet was going to come in when O'Shea won and Veitch was 2-0, but then he had to go and no win another bloody set.:wall That would have made my "Both games over 7 sets" bet come through, as well.:@ Barny vs Adams? Tough one.

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships A great match to watch spoiled a little by Shaun's rapid decline (I'm not complaining, I had Klassen to win minus 2.5 sets on the handicap after Jelle won the 1st set). It'll be a hell of a match and even if the averages doesn't exactly match the hype,, Klassen vs Lewis would be a hell of a potential match. Yep, the final's double Dutch! :rollin

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships Well done to Gazblades and Bowles who both tipped Klassen each way at 125/1 and 150/1! Personally, as good as this kid is, I think he will struggle to beat what has to be his idol and experience will count bigtime tommorrow. I backed Barney in the quarters at what I thought was a great price and he is much lower now. However, I would gladly lose my bet and 10pts on Sports-Punter.com to see both you guys get a big win. :)

I'll be going with 2 outsiders for a bit of interest: Jelle Klaasen @ 150/1 Sp odds Brian Sorensen @ 150/1 Betdirect Brian has to overcome the mighty Barney in the 1st round. Not impossible for reigning champs to be beaten 1st round. Only best of 5 so not much time to get back if you start poorly. Tony Eccles is best of the rest @ 25/1 with Hills. Take all 3 ew.
:clap & i stuck it up on Sports Punter as did Gazblades. Did a bit of reading up before the tourney & his name just kept cropping up as the next big thing! Went on Thursday night & i cannot see him beating Barney unless he improves by at least 7 or 8 on his average. The plus point is that he can finish & shows no nerves. Go on Klaasen!

Re: Darts - BDO World Championships Sorry but I am going against the flow here for the final, I feel Klaasen is slight value at over 3's on Betfair.. Yep, underdog agreed. But the boy played well tonight, considering he should have been 4/1 down at the break he came out & played his natural game & romped it..Let's not foget that Barney will feel a fair bit of pressure himself tomorrow...Bristow was his idol & this means a lot to him...& he has not been playing that well imo. Klaasen has nothing to lose, & that will be a big factor, he no doubt will be over the moon to have got so far, playing his hero in a naturally fast game, with nothing to lose will take the edge off & if he plays like he did the second half tonight I feel he could take it :ok 10 pts Klaasen @ 3.05.

Waiting on Barneveld big time and the big man won't let me down. Is in a different league to all in this tournament.
Agreed. One of the best 1/2 shots you'll ever see. Barney has averaged about 96 to Klaasen's 90, and has the experience too.