PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please..

Big Andy

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Er.....Didn't realise they were still playing - thought they'd packed up for the night - one of the old games had disappeared :lol Sorry guys - well done Stereoman :clap :clap And well done BH on the final :clap :clap

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. PM me to let me know how to get the prize money to you, guys. I can manage most ways: cheque in the post, bank transfer, Moneybookers, etc. That goes for the 3rd/4th places, too. I'm getting cocky with only 3 weeks of the sports-punter comp to go, so I won't make you wait.

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. OMG!! A classic two pair on the flop (Billy) versus a set on the flop (me) and that more or less did it. The RNG rubs it in by giving me a full house (Jacks full of Kings) on the very last hand. heads-up.jpg ....that was a two hour epic. I wish me and Billy announced the match as soon as started though as the first one was a 60 minute cracker. We were both up-and-down, I was down to 800 or so chips and fought back with some lucky hands. You want an aggressor versus a calling station? You got it. You want a straight beaten by a flush? You got it. You want check-raising on the turn? You got it. You want a guy to get beaten on the river to prolong the final? You got it. You want the third-to-last hand to be two pair versus a set on the flop? You got it. Billy couldn't have done any better and all I was doing was cackhandedly surviving. I was falling, stumbling head-first for most of Billy's traps and he wasn't falling for any of mine (I don't think he called any of my raises!). Call my negative pre-match statement a bit of gamesmanship if you want but I expected to lose and get spanked (I really was). Thanks to everyone who made it all possible from slapdash putting the money up, Big Andy for putting the thread up and getting Betfred involved and anyone else I might have missed. I just wanted a game to play and I got four very tough matches. The third/fourth place playoff better be a right belter! :tongue2

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. :clap :clap :clap :clap Congratulations stereoman. Talk about winning it in style.:dude :nana :nana :nana Well played too BillyHills, sorry you couldn't both win. :clap :clap So, when's the next one..............:tongue2

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. StereoMan, I'm a bit more concious now to congratulate you properly! Nice summing up of the match, i felt quite confident all the way through the first leg and i think i got you down to less than 500 at one stage but just couldnt finish the job, you recovered with a couple of all-ins and i think this threw me off the scent, the next thing i knew it was 1-0 to you. Pretty similar in leg two but this time was a bit more selective when calling and it paid off, 1-1. Final leg was strange, somehow didnt feel like it was a decider for 'real' money, dont know how you felt? Thought i had you at one time, think i had a 2000/1000 lead at one stage but you played really well to put me under pressure and then it was you who had the big lead. I thought i had you with that 2 pair and tried to reel you in only to find you had pocket 4's to go with the J64 flop (i had J6). It left me with 60 chips and you with the match. Well played, thoroughly deserved and triumph for sticking in and not giving up, ironic that my sig is along those lines. Cheers BH PS; Slapdash i'll send you my address by PM, thanks again.

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Hi all, As i have not been on here for a while and it's Friday afternoon and i want to be in the pub right now :beer :cheers Just thought i would get an update on how the tourney is going and who is winning/won/likely to win. Hope everyone who has gone out already (Paul) enjoyed themselves? Cheers ears! :ok

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Hi Martyn, Tournament has been won by Stereoman. Just the 3rd/4th place playoff left to play. :ok In my thanks above, I forgot to thank you and Betfred for coming to the rescue when things were looking tough. :$ Sorry and thank-you for making it possible!! Probably good time to remind everyone as well that Ladbrokes and Sporting Odds were given the opportunity to help us as well, but both chose not to!! Only Betfred were there for us :ok

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Well done stereoman !!!!, awesome performance :ok Punter`s Lounge Heads Up Cup Champion :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Thanks to everybody for getting through their matches at a great speed. It was a shame that gazabroad, runadrum and staffy couldn`t play their matches, hopefully everything will be ok for them next time round :hope Massive thanks to GotaFancy? too for his invaluable help behind the scenes and of course Martyn/Betfred for getting us out of the fire. We`ll lay off the digs about that carpet for a bit longer ;) Good luck to Danny and Gaz for their play off match.:ok

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please..

....... but shouldn't you be supporting the guy in your half of the draw ? (leaving aside geography !)
I was joking - I had already wished all good Luck! :spank :nana :clap :nana :clap :nana :clap :nana Well done Stereoman or should I say champ? Well played Billy - I knew you'd do well. :notworthy

PM me to let me know how to get the prize money to you, guys. I can manage most ways: cheque in the post, bank transfer, Moneybookers, etc. That goes for the 3rd/4th places, too. I'm getting cocky with only 3 weeks of the sports-punter comp to go, so I won't make you wait.
Just a reminder to Stereoman, GazBlades and Danny Cash to PM me to let me know how to get the prize money to you. I'm going away for a couple of weeks over Christmas next weekend, so if you don't let me know by then, you'll have to wait until the new year. Not really the right place to brag about this, but the prize fund is looking a bit safer now: today's two sports-punter selections just came first and fourth in the 2.40 at Cheltenham at early prices of 28/1 and 25/1, thanks to most of the other horses knocking each other over.

:clap :clap :clap To slapdash too-25 and 28 to 1 winners, blimey.
Thanks, but actually one of them only got a place. Personally I blame the fact that they were running in the same race for them not both winning. wink2.gif [removed the worst off-topic stuff] Sorry ... this is the Poker Forum, isn't it? You don't want to hear about this.

Well done stereoman !!!!, awesome performance :ok Punter`s Lounge Heads Up Cup Champion :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Thanks to everybody for getting through their matches at a great speed. It was a shame that gazabroad, runadrum and staffy couldn`t play their matches, hopefully everything will be ok for them next time round :hope Massive thanks to GotaFancy? too for his invaluable help behind the scenes and of course Martyn/Betfred for getting us out of the fire. We`ll lay off the digs about that carpet for a bit longer ;) Good luck to Danny and Gaz for their play off match.:ok
OK OK the carpets mingin! I did actually have a word with our carpet designer after the first moan. He told me we had complaints about the first lot being too plain, seems he cant win!! :lol I am more than happy to accept any designs and pass them on for you to our carpet man at Betfred. Send them on to [email protected] (what am i letting myself in for here???) No rudies though, i'd quite like to keep my job! Well done to StereoMan for kicking ass and thanks to all for the kind words and your thoughts on the Betfred software and carpet. All comments are taken seriously and will be passed on. Thanks all! :ok

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. 1-1 after another ten mins Gaz lost a big amount of chips to 3 Kings (symbolic of time of year?) but was battling back so well before Big Slick came along... Deciding game.... :hope

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. That last game had everything, how long did it last for God's sake? Well done Gaz, forever battling away, shame there had to be a loser. All the best and well played :ok Danny