Euro 2024 Predictions 23rd - 26th June

image.png

image.png

In case anyone wants to look ahead to the final set of group fixtures here are the current prices. The phrase "prices many be subject to change" is worth bearing in mind of course, depending on what happens in the middle round of games.

Scotland v Hungary looks a difficult match to call, so I'm going to focus on the other match. Germany have looked good so far this tournament and although they don't need to win, they've got some momentum behind them and I reckon they'll want to keep that going. Havertz has done well in attack and I expect that to continue and so the first thing I'm backing is for him to have at least a couple of shots on target and that's priced at 4.25 at MGM. I'll also back Germany to win 2-1 at 10.50 as I'm still not convinced by their defence and that's also with MGM.

Edited by Torque

Actually I will take a punt in the Scotland match and that's for Scotland to be leading at half time and full time at 5.25 with MGM. It's not without risk as Scotland might play to keep it tight during the first half and look for a winner in the second, but Hungary have been pretty poor so far in this tournament and it'll be hard to break out of that against a team with a defensive setup like Scotland.

Wipeout for me yesterday as well - hope for better this evening. Spain have changed virtually their entire team, but the 2nd team is still strong so I'm happy to back them to win at half time and full time at 2.60. I'll also back them to win 1-0 at 8.50 as I think it's possible even with the changed team that they won't want to extend themselves.

For the other match, I'll back a penalty to be taken at 3.75. Croatia need a result here and Italy don't so I can see the Italians sitting back and content to take a draw and the longer the match goes on the more Croatia should attack, similarly to Scotland last night. All prices with MGM.

France have already qualified for the Round of 8, but be careful, the objective is to finish first to escape the difficult part of the draw with Spain and Germany in particular.

Having put my money on France winning the final, I'm also hoping for first place because that's what I predicted.

The bottom of the final table would allow France to have "easier" opponents given the performances of each team at the moment.

England didn't impress me, nor even Belgium.
France are still confused, but with Mbappé, it will be another team.

Tonight he'll be starting, and he looks in great form in training. He's only waiting for one thing: to play!

The line-up looks very interesting to me, apart from Thuram who is not good at the moment.

I think France can win quite easily tonight, against a Poland team that has already been eliminated.

Maignan - Koundé, Upamecao, Saliba, Hernandez - Kanté, Tchouaméni, Rabiot - Dembélé, Mbappé, Thuram.

France -2 , -3 and winner Group

I think it's worth looking at bookings again in the Denmark v Serbia clash. The Serbs must win and, if they take the lead, then Denmark's chances of qualifying are severely jeopardized. The referee is not immediately attractive for loads of bookings, yet he dished out a couple of 75 make ups in the qualifiers (Israel v Romania and Hungary v Serbia [although only 2 for the Serbs then]). He is Francois Letexier of France.

As I'm not convinced that Denmark will concede a lead, I'm sticking to a bet on Serbia bookings and have gone with Coral at 21/20 for over 2.5 Serbia cards.

Pressed for time but here's what I'm going for in the early kick-offs, all with MGM.

Netherlands winning at half time and full time @ 4.25

France to win 2-1 @ 11.00

Depay first goal scorer for Netherlands against Austria @ 7.50

Mbappe to score at least 2 goals @ 5.80

Netherlands to win 2-1 @ 11.00

Edited by Torque

3 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Yeah the last one would’ve landed the spoils. Things I would’ve bet on comfortable outperforming things I have bet on! :eyes

Could be a few more too there's enough games left. Buying on the spreads looks like it would have paid off nicely - assuming that's a bet you can get on the spreads.

3 minutes ago, Torque said:

Could be a few more too there's enough games left. Buying on the spreads looks like it would have paid off nicely - assuming that's a bet you can get on the spreads.

Yeah, I referenced the spread price when I originally put the bet up, I think it was 6 to buy which made better than 2s for 6 or more look big, along with it being around an even money line elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Torque said:

Hojlund first scorer for Denmark against Serbia @ 8.00

First team goalscorer or first in the game? My assumption has been the latter tho the former is probably the grammatically correct take. 

Done the Hills boost of 2/1 for Kane and Bellingham both to have a SoT. Cards bets in the other game as posted above and anytime bets on Samardzic and Zivkovic at 15/2 and 13/1. Seem to be supporting Mitrovic and may be slightly overpriced.

3 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

First team goalscorer or first in the game? My assumption has been the latter tho the former is probably the grammatically correct take. 

Done the Hills boost of 2/1 for Kane and Bellingham both to have a SoT. Cards bets in the other game as posted above and anytime bets on Samardzic and Zivkovic at 15/2 and 13/1. Seem to be supporting Mitrovic and may be slightly overpriced.

First scorer in the match. Should have been clearer.

Despite last night's tepid show from the Serbs I'm tempted into the bookings market again as Istvan Kovacs of Romania takes charge of Czech Republic v Turkey this evening. Kovacs did the business in the Serbia/Slovenia clash last week, and his stats are very encouraging if things get tasty. The Czechs have to win, and that would mean the Turks not achieving a top 2 finish in the group - so presumably they will be very keen to avoid defeat.

I have taken over 5.5 match cards at 6/5 (Coral).