** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney

Big Andy

Could this be done ?, anybody fancy it ? The games can be played/arranged by the players, at each posters convenience, within a reasonable time window though of course. I`ll be very surprised if we can`t get 32 together If GaF can`t organise it, nobody can. Of course having suggested it, I`ll gladly do the donkey work no problems. How would we go about collecting the money etc ? Hit me with ideas/suggestions guys.:ok

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney

Yeah' date=' would definetly be up for this. Heads up is the worst part of my game so the practice would be great. Lets hope it goes ahead.[/quote'] Exactly the same thoughts here. I'd be well up for this but I'm not sure how to do it. Obviously we'd be looking for a site that allows you to set up private heads up table(s), does anybody know of any?

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney Great idea I love heads-up. Ladbrokes have 8, 16 and 32 man heads-up tournys running continuously, perhaps they can reserve one of these as a 'private' table as per the PL League games, don't see any reason why not, then some of the work is done already - ie drawing lots, entries, prize money,etc. Does mean everyone would have to be available on the same night though , however on the plus side it means everyone can witness all the games taking place in one big tourny. SFK

Does mean everyone would have to be available on the same night though
to be honest Sheedy, it is exactly that aspect that I wanted to eliminate and that was one of the things that got me thinking of a heads up. there`s been loads of times before in PL tourneys where a time suits one person but not another. The beauty of the heads up format lke this is that the timing is flexible enough for everybody to take part as it doesn`t rely on everybody sitting down at the same time, and i`m sure there`ll be no shortage of spectators either for some of the games.

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney We could collect names of the people wanting to take part in this.. Then a membe. GAF, Andy or me, could make a draw, and put it in a excel scheme, and put on a server, so we all the time, can see what its like.. And then every round MUST be played within a special time.. Could be a week.. (of course if holiday spoils it, the person is either Disqualified, or maybe game could be played, day after or so..) And all the results is posted in sticky Heads Up thread.. And the guy with the scheme updates it.. Then everyone can follow how its going... 1 round 5$ Buy in 2 round 10$ Buy in 3 round 20$ Buy in 4 round 40$ maybe... Depends on how we do this, so Top5 or what ever, get some cash out of it.. But should be possible to do.. And i would gladly help..:ok

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney The entrance fee/prizes has got me thinking. I think it would be wise for one of us to be a "treasurer". I think it`s possible to send money to another player, therefore it could be sent to the allocated "treasurer" who would keep the prize fund then dish it out at the end of the tourney. I`m sure somebody did it once on a Paradise Poker PL tourney, I cant remember who but somebody definitely sent funds to somebody else so they could play and they promised to send the money back. Personally I`d prefer to just pay a one off buy in as opposed to have to sit down with a set amount at each round, not that I envisage I`ll get that far anyway :tongue2 what about everybody else ?

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney Heads up tourn sounds a good idea to me and I'd be up for it whatever stakes... not too fussed whether its a set buy in or a set amount each round - will go with majority. Regarding sending money - I sent $10 on paradise to someone for a PL league game, think it was Dave, but yeah it can definitely be done.

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney Top idea Andy :clap. I've never had the chance to play heads up, so would love to give it a go. On the subject of private tables, won't one of the sites be able to accomodate us and our 'format', to take some of the hassle out of it? I'm sure that they could password protect each round, meaning all ties in one round must be completed before the next password is released.

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney I'm up for it guys, personally a one off payment at the start would be better, that way we all know the score, cant see why it should cost you more as you progress? If 32 players get involved the prize fund would be big enough anyway and we dont want to take the 'fun' part out of it, especially for novice players like myself. And the more cash involved the more problems you will get in my experience of these things. Great idea Andy! PS; Paypal could be the answer for cash transfers?

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney I'd be interested in taking part as well. Though I suspect I'll be rubbish. If the scheme chosen is for a player to agree with their opponent when to play, I think they should have to post the time here some time beforehand (a day? a couple of hours?) so that spectators know.

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney Heads Up is allegedly available at: Betfair Totalbet Bet365 UKBetting GamingClub 32Red Don't know if these are skins of the same group (other than Betfair). Heads-Up cannot be played, allegedly (:lol) at SportingBet, Littlewoods, VC Poker, Ladbrokes, partyPoker,Coral,PokerRoom,WilliamHill,paddypower or BlueSquare.

Sporting Odds do heads up. I may be up for it' date=' depending on how much it costs and if my employers ever get round to paying me and stuff like that... great idea Andy :)[/quote'] SO (in dollars) 5+1 10+1 20+2 BetFred Appear to do locked/private heads up from 10c. Other heads up go from 1+5c upto 200 + 10 Poker.com do custom and locked tables. PokerStars ? BetFair do with various currencies and stakes. All I've got at the moment.

Re: Punters Lounge "Heads Up" Tourney I'm totally lost without a Telegraph or Manchester tournament to play at Betfred. I keep checking Betfred, hoping the next one is there, but alas, no..... So thought I'd give a tourney a go to improve this. Tonight at 9pm BST on Sporting Odds, there is a "$5 + $1 Heads Up" tourney - so that's where I intend to be, if anyone else fancies practicing. In the meantime, I'm going to scour the web to try and work out what the "text book" theory on playing heads up is - I'll post the most interesting details here.....