** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

2023 Cricket World Cup

Fader

1 hour ago, Fader said:

This gets underway tomorrow. Played in India, it very much looks to be between India and England. My selections 

5pts India to win 2/1 Skybet
2pts ew Pakistan 8/1 bet365

I've also backed these - India at just above 3's with a boost at 365 - plus some others on the exchanges at prices that seem a little too big. That said, I'll be surprised if it isn't either India or Pakistan. They've got the advantage as far as conditions are concerned.

24pts England to win @ 4.72

15pts Pakistan to win @ 9.82

12pts Sri Lanka to win @ 73.52

8 hours ago, Torque said:

I've also backed these - India at just above 3's with a boost at 365 - plus some others on the exchanges at prices that seem a little too big. That said, I'll be surprised if it isn't either India or Pakistan. They've got the advantage as far as conditions are concerned.

24pts England to win @ 4.72

15pts Pakistan to win @ 9.82

12pts Sri Lanka to win @ 73.52

I see that 365 has boosted England to 7/2 but can't see India at over 3s. Is that definitely with 365 Torque? or was it a past boost? cheers

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to 2023 Cricket World Cup
52 minutes ago, Torque said:

Good opportunity to back England if the price has drifted. It's easy to forget they lost three group games including as big favourites to Afghanistan in the last World Cup and still won the competition.

my worry would be the difference if its the same points. Losing by 9 wickets. Also, how bad is the Stokes injury? he was very well missed in the middle order.

1 minute ago, Torque said:

You make a compelling case :lol

It's too close to the game. I give my reasoning if I have time but not everybody cares about reasoning. I didn't want to give all my reasoning and then post it with like 5mins to go.

The outrights are going well with both winning 2 from 2. I fancy South Africa to beat Australia this morning and provide an upset. I'm still not convinced about the Aussies playing spin, I think 13/10 is well worth siding. I'll also go with Markram as a top batsman. He looked bang-on form in the last match for SA. A couple of small bets also on the top bowler mainly again, because of that spin factor with the Aussies.

2.5pts SA to beat Australia 13/10 Will Hill
1.5pts Markram top SA batsman 4/1 Bet365
1.5pts Hazlewood top Aus bowler 4/1 Will Hill
1.5pts Maharaj top SA bowler 9/2 Bet365

The two teams that I like the most going up against each other tomorrow. I think both teams should score well and I think we'll see a good match. I think for the odds, the 7/1 is big value on Pakistan getting a win as I do think we'll see 300 each. 

2pts 600+ total runs, 12+ sixes, and 160+ combined 'first 15 over' runs 13/2 Paddypower
2pts Pakistan to win and both teams to score 300+ runs 7/1 Skybet

NZ taking on Afghanistan this morning. I'm going with two players for Afghanistan that I think will perform today in Rahman and Zadran. If you've never bet with Player Performance then it's basically points for actions. For example, 10pts for a wicket, 1pt for each run.

3pts M Ur Rahman Player Performance - Over 24.5 5/6 Bet365
3pts Zadran Player Performance - Over 27.5 Bet365

India v Bangladesh
It should be an easy win here for India you'd imagine. However, Bangladesh has got some runs under their belt in previous matches. They haven't faced India's bowling quality, though, on their own turf.

2pts Bumrah clear top India bowler and India most 6s 11/2 WillHill
0.5pts Kohli and M.Hasan both to score 50+ 12/1 WillHill
0,5pts India to win, hit most 6s, Kohli most runs for India, Bumrah most wickets for India 16/1 Skybet

Pakistan v Australia 
I've said about the Aussies alot and how, basically, I don't rate them in this environment. They didn't hit 200 in match 1 or 2 and in my opinion they got quite lucky in the third match and had an opponent that self destructed. Pakistan are now in the need for a win after losing to India and it's an easy pick for me, tomorrow. 

4pts Pakistan to beat Australia 13/8 Betfred

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

India v New Zealand: Kohli and Sharma each to score >0.5 sixes at 5/1 with Hills.

Looks ok to me as a double odds boost, more informed opinion welcome (though my tenner's already down).

I saw that boost myself. I think it's a nice price. I suppose who bats first could make a difference to this but either way, both batsmen are more than capable. It's happened 3 times out of their 9 matches so far. 

13 hours ago, harry_rag said:

India v New Zealand: Kohli and Sharma each to score >0.5 sixes at 5/1 with Hills.

Looks ok to me as a double odds boost, more informed opinion welcome (though my tenner's already down).

That’s Sharma’s 6 sorted. It’s a good pitch to bat on so hopefully Kohli hits one too. 

21 hours ago, harry_rag said:

That was some boost Harry. I rolled it up with India to win and even with a boost of my own it only came to 5's.

Just now, Torque said:

That was some boost Harry. I rolled it up with India to win and even with a boost of my own it only came to 5's.

Yeah, 5/1 from 5/2 to a tenner max. Looked in a couple of other places and one of them was odds on and one evens or a shade over and the multiplied odds came out at less than 5/2. Just caught my eye and struck me as one that was probably better than fair.

I had a lucky one in the end. Ind to win, most 4s and 6s and highest partnership and 1st 15 overs. 5/1. India won every aspect easy apart from the 4s. India got 30 and NZ were on about 25 with 10+ overs to go. They got their 29th 4 in the 47th over or something like that and luckily it won by one four. India looking good for the trophy