Lucky 15.

2.15. Wolv. Between Me and U          10/3     2nd 

2.50. Wolv. Classic Times                       5/1     3rd 

4.00. Wolv.  Coup De Force                   13/2      1st 

3.15. Newb.  Invincible Tiger                  7/2     nr

stk. 7.50.      rtn 872.17.

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Following on from Siamor's Lay thread and the suggestion one of our regular's about backing certain horses in the morning, then laying before the off, expecting it to be shorter.

I've just backed Lexingtom Belle at 4/5, Wolves 2.15.  It strikes me as the kind of horse that will shorten.

We'll see what the Betfair SP is.

Mindthegap                                                4 20 Nbry/                  1/40th of a pt ew      25/1

Repertoire                                                  8 05 New/                   1/40th of a pt ew      14/1

Lordsbridge Girl                                        6 55 New/                   1/40th of a pt ew      10/1

P/L    +168.85 pts

Edited by black rabbit
selections

Wolverhampton 1:40

Q Twenty Boy
win

drawn and weighted to win here. Close third to Nazca latest. Weighted to do better as that one carries a penalty now. Well below most recent winning marks and with mark Usher on the case likely to go very very close here.

nazca may rally to see off penalty here but defying it means you are placed on a long term high mark by the handicapper. A good reason why horses drawn or weighted in close proximity  to these horses stand to benefit so richly.

Saver

Coast

each way

Elisha Whittington

an experienced apprentice as opposed to the jockey onboard q twenty boy, but both are in the firing line to do well. The fly in the ointment is of course Gatwick kitten but that runner also carries a penalty but may go very well here, so hoping the low weights works out for selections.

often used to pick up some good titbits from mark Usher’s  twitter posts. Now that the numb-nut who owns it has stopped casual browsing of it, twitter is useless to man or beast which must  please advertisers immensely.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Nazca indeed did rally and made light work of the penalty and in reflection had plenty to play with off a mark which was down by thirty pounds from debut.

Great run from coast to snare a few bob back  and show that the physics works.

newbury 2:10

Bourgeoisie
win

two close seconds and main rival withdrawn. Only rated runner here at 84. Obviously vulnerable to a good sort, but on available form the one to beat. Sacred Angel a good yardstick and first close second franked next time out.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Wide of the mark that time.

lexington Belle just did enough to win.

EPSOM 2:25

Nelson Rose

win

two good seconds should see this one home. Particularly the race behind starlust as that runner ran well at goodwood. Also ran well behind alnoory and meets a close rival on better terms while that runner has run third three times now.

Edited by Sporting Sam

6 hours ago, Snoopdog said:

Following on from Siamor's Lay thread and the suggestion one of our regular's about backing certain horses in the morning, then laying before the off, expecting it to be shorter.

I've just backed Lexingtom Belle at 4/5, Wolves 2.15.  It strikes me as the kind of horse that will shorten.

We'll see what the Betfair SP is.

Lexington Belle wins. Backed at 4/5, SP was 1/3. I can't see what the Betfair SP was as I haven't yet opened a Timeform account. (Why isn't this freely available to all? I have a Betfair account.).

If there is enough interest, I'd like to see a daily thread of Lay / Green-up opportunities. Thoughts?

hey snoop doggy,just lay all mine and you wouldn’t have a liability of £500 or whatever it was!!!
Wolverhampton 4:00

JO JO RABBIT

each way 

was winning a class five off a rating of 85 June 22 under this jockey. Also unbeaten in two starts at wolves in 2020 either side of a run in eighth place at royal ascot. Also second in the wetherbys  super sprint that year. Latest of the two course wins under this jockey. Big ask to repeat today in a big field  of winners but back unbeaten horses till they lose.

Edited by Sporting Sam

20 minutes ago, Sporting Sam said:

JO JO RABBIT

each way 

was winning a class five off a rating of 85 June 22 under this jockey. Also unbeaten in two starts at wolves in 2020 either side of a run in eighth place at royal ascot. Also second in the wetherbys  super sprint that year. Latest of the two course wins under this jockey. Big ask to repeat today in a big field  of winners but back unbeaten horses till they lose.

Winning distance to fourth place of

jo jo rabbit was nck, nck, nck and jo jo rabbit was running out widest for fourth at 11/1.

Tramore 4:25

happy hunting ground for Willie Mullins,

FIGHTER ALLEN

Each way

had a poor Galway and may have been hampered by the false start along with kilkruit. A course winner who will relish front running with Salvador ziggy.

Edited by Sporting Sam

😱 phew that was late.....thanks to Leona on TV with Al Aasy @ 6/4, that has paid for our evening out tonight 👍💷

Interesting idea from my 'better half' who picked out few  16/1+ prices on Nap selections and backed EW 🤞  

love the 'girlies' 😘 ( both on tv Meg / leona and horses at Newmarket ).....  we did Fallen Angel  & Soprano 👍

Nice bonus as account added another 40pts with Bucanero Fuerte @ 9/4 win 🏆........ So well done AMO racing on group 1 win / Kevin with his 1 ride today and no doubt Meg emotional too 😂 ( 'we' missed race ) 

Edited August 12 by Brahmin

From last Saturdays post 12th .....( in bold)  well it works if selecting certain NAPS from leader board guys/gals, as she has hit TWICE in a week with big wins from Carole-dawney and Zilzalian👍  

Edited by Brahmin