Greyhound Dutching System

Smartins1234

Result, so opportunity to play swap dog transpired! The spread was - T1- 1.25(outsiders pot) @ 12/1, T3 - 3.75 @ 11/2, T5 - 4.25 @ 4/1. And swap dog was T4 - 2 points at 7 an a half to one! Trap 4 won! Total bet was 11.25 - returns were 17!  5.75 profit! Onto the second i go - whole 17 will be used for the spread! Off to study a race! 👌

Edited by Smartins1234

Trap 6 goes in! Only 1.50 profit off that. No problem cos I was able to back 2 outsiders in that race cos they were 13 an a half to 1 and 43/1! So the potential rewards outweigh the small profit made! Nevertheless it's profit! Great value pays in the long run always! Onto another race! Off for a study! 👌

I think you need to change your approach, you jump from track to track (much better to focus on 1 or 2 tracks as you get to know the dogs and trainers). Also backing 3 in a race when only 6 (sometimes just 5) runners is betting madness. Your ROI will be very very small at best. Trying to cover all eventualities is NOT trying to win .. just trying not to lose.

Good luck, but I would suggest backing 2nd and 3rd favs .. or watch for any very late moves.

I'm mildly intrigued by the thread even though I don't bet on the sport myself. You're backing half the field (sometimes more) at what tend to be odds on (when you work out the dutched prices) so you're going to need a better than 50% strike rate to break even. Whether you can show a profit depends on your long term ability to beat those odds. I can't help thinking that, if you're a good enough judge of the sport to eke out a profit betting this way, that there would be better ways to bet than backing so many dogs in one race.

Short term the results mean little (someone picking 3 dogs at random could post good initial results through luck alone) so we'll see what the bottom line looks like after 100s of bets should the thread make it that far.

One thing I'd like a count of (as it would mean more than just the bare P/L) is how many races have been bet on and how many winners there have been (preferably broken down into number of races with 3 and 4 runners backed, but total would do if that's too much trouble).

Good luck with it.

5 hours ago, Bang on said:

I think you need to change your approach, you jump from track to track (much better to focus on 1 or 2 tracks as you get to know the dogs and trainers). Also backing 3 in a race when only 6 (sometimes just 5) runners is betting madness. Your ROI will be very very small at best. Trying to cover all eventualities is NOT trying to win .. just trying not to lose.

Good luck, but I would suggest backing 2nd and 3rd favs .. or watch for any very late moves.

5 hours ago, Bang on said:

I appreciate what you say but I'm a big believer in spread bettiñg! Get something back rather than nothing at all! That's my motto! Betting exchanges are the punters best friend cos of inflated prices! Trying to eliminate as much of the gamble as is possible just seems logical! Anyway, cheers for the feedback! 👌

4 hours ago, harry_rag said:

I'm mildly intrigued by the thread even though I don't bet on the sport myself. You're backing half the field (sometimes more) at what tend to be odds on (when you work out the dutched prices) so you're going to need a better than 50% strike rate to break even. Whether you can show a profit depends on your long term ability to beat those odds. I can't help thinking that, if you're a good enough judge of the sport to eke out a profit betting this way, that there would be better ways to bet than backing so many dogs in one race.

Short term the results mean little (someone picking 3 dogs at random could post good initial results through luck alone) so we'll see what the bottom line looks like after 100s of bets should the thread make it that far.

One thing I'd like a count of (as it would mean more than just the bare P/L) is how many races have been bet on and how many winners there have been (preferably broken down into number of races with 3 and 4 runners backed, but total would do if that's too much trouble).

Good luck with it.

Hy pal, I'm only backing about 8 races a day, sometimes less. All depends how it goes! I was breaking everything down and showing it earlier on in the thread! It's alot to do! That was just show people how to do it if they wanted to! I've followed greyhound racing for over 20 years! Betting singles is definitely the road to ruin! Late market moves fail very often! Favourites get beat very often! I've just had a bad couple of days! It happens! But I won't chase to more than 40 quid! If the dog god's don't follow my form assessment, I cut my losses for that day! If I can make an extra thousand quid over 6 months! I'm happy! People may say it's not in the spirit of betting to try to cover as many eventualities as possible but its about making money for me! 👌

Here's a perfect example of what I'm saying as regards spread betting! 2.00 lingfiled today. 2/7 turned over! 6 pound hike in weight gave a reason to take it on. Or rather, use it as a saver and find 4 or 5 other horses to back to make a profit in the same race! I had a good look at that race beforehand, and royal Athena was definitely in the five I chose if I did bet on horses! Down in class, 5th out of 18 last time out! On the smarkets exchange, the fave was 1.8 which means 4/5. The layers were out to get it for a reason. But at 4/5 u cud have 4 quid on it, and spread 6 quid on 4 or 5 of the others! The greatest friend I ever had introduced me to spread betting. He would play 5 or 6 different forecasts in a horse race and do 3 or 4 lucky 15 bets in the same  4 races! He did okay aswell! Collected allot more than I did backing one horse or dog in a race! Spread betting is still no guarantee of winning as you can see from my last 2 days! It's great to have feedback tho and I do take heed and if I see something I think can help me I would act! Cheers again for feedback and interest! Bloody hot today!! Icudnt stop sweating! That's y I lost! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Smartins1234