** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

BILLY HILLS NAP TABLE - June 2023

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Most winners

All to play for on the last day

image.png

Yes, this does look to be very exciting.  My money is on you to win with a long odds-on shot.  Other players have to get a winner at decent odds to win.  @Trotter is feared most as the Racing Post writers would write.  However, best of luck to the other top 4 in the line-up

This really went to the wire with the result being determined by the last race of the month, the 9.00 at Chester

@Mrjol. picked the winner, Ecclesiastical, at 7/4 to retake the lead and win the competition by 0.2 points. Congrtaulations.

Well done to the gallant runner up @glavintoby and third placed @BARNSLEYCHOP

image.png

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Most winners

Not sure how but I've managed to take the prize with 10 winners, the lowest ever winnings total. 5 members had more winners but didn't achieve the 10 points mark.

Just goes to show it's not that easy to win by selecting lots of odds on shots !

image.png

Well done Michael.  Unless I'm mistaken some leading members in the most winners part of the comp didn't choose selections that, even if they did win, would not have won them the comp.  Just seemed a bit strange to me.  However, if they were just putting up their best bet of the day then it all makes sense.

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Well done Michael.  Unless I'm mistaken some leading members in the most winners part of the comp didn't choose selections that, even if they did win, would not have won them the comp.  Just seemed a bit strange to me.  However, if they were just putting up their best bet of the day then it all makes sense.

Just thinking out aloud here, it could also be players looking at the big picture in terms of playing for the annual competition as well.

And to echo others on here, well done to the winners, both competitions were excellently contested right up and into the final day. Exciting stuff indeed.

11 hours ago, Trotter said:

I had a crack at Most Winners this month ......geez, what a devilish contest it is to navigate your way though the month ...... 😜

Yep, it's not as easy as some think. I always aim for the main comp but towards the end if I think I have a better chance of the most winners I will change tack and go for the most winners.

1 hour ago, waggy said:

Well done to Mclarke and Mrjol on winning their respective competitions. Both went to the wire, which was so exciting. Once again thanks to Mclarke for putting so much work into running this.

Thanks @waggy, I thought you were nailed on at one stage but as I say it's not that easy to win.

3 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Just thinking out aloud here, it could also be players looking at the big picture in terms of playing for the annual competition as well.

And to echo others on here, well done to the winners, both competitions were excellently contested right up and into the final day. Exciting stuff indeed.

Excitement to me is when one makes a selection that can win the competition.  Very clever indeed was @Mrjol.'s selection that was calculated to win the main comp by 0.20 points.  I don't see how anyone can get excited about a selection that even if it wins will not win the competition.

10 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Excitement to me is when one makes a selection that can win the competition.  Very clever indeed was @Mrjol.'s selection that was calculated to win the main comp by 0.20 points.  I don't see how anyone can get excited about a selection that even if it wins will not win the competition.

Yes, I certainly see where you are coming from. To study the form, odds and plot out a final day winner, and then see it come to fruition to scoop the prize must be an exciting feeling for sure.