DAILY LUCKY 15

7/1 winner so money back. 

Will carry on for a while and see how it goes. The question is whether I can find a 7/1 ish winner often enough for the double odds offer to keep me out of the red. So far I've hit a double, 3 single winners and 2 NR from my 5.5 attempts (factoring in the last day of Goodwood being abandoned).

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Will carry on for a while and see how it goes. The question is whether I can find a 7/1 ish winner often enough for the double odds offer to keep me out of the red. So far I've hit a double, 3 single winners and 2 NR from my 5.5 attempts (factoring in the last day of Goodwood being abandoned).

You need to be patient, what you need is the occasional treble to get you into profit. Since I hit my maximum profit I have had 290 lucky 15s but I am confident there will be a decent return before too long that will get me to a new high.

25 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

You need to be patient, what you need is the occasional treble to get you into profit. Since I hit my maximum profit I have had 290 lucky 15s but I am confident there will be a decent return before too long that will get me to a new high.

Essentially it all depends on the quality of my semi-educated pin sticking which is what my selection method is if I'm honest. I need to hit enough single winners to pick up the slack and tide me over while I wait for a lucky break. I might be over optimistic but I like to think I'm not so bad that the double odds won't work it's magic and keep me around level. While I'm enjoying it and playing with winnings we'll see where it goes.

1 hour ago, harry_rag said:

Essentially it all depends on the quality of my semi-educated pin sticking which is what my selection method is if I'm honest. I need to hit enough single winners to pick up the slack and tide me over while I wait for a lucky break. I might be over optimistic but I like to think I'm not so bad that the double odds won't work it's magic and keep me around level. While I'm enjoying it and playing with winnings we'll see where it goes.

Educated "pinsticking" is no bad strategy i assume you know enough not just to get the darts out so you should be ok.

With one in so far and one to come later that's 5 times from 7 attempts where I've managed to find at least one winner. I think it must be fair to say I'm enjoying a degree of the old beginner's luck here!

I thought I might as well go the full @MCLARKE and record my returns to level stakes singles so that I have a clearer idea on how much luck has played a part in my ongoing results.

So far I've had 6 winners from 25 runners and you'd be 40.5 points up if you'd had 1 point on each with an ROI of 156%! :lol

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's probably unsustainable. I suspect I need to gird my loins for a few more days where there's no returns.

Yep, there's a system I've got that just applies in August so there will be a lot more selections in August.

Having said that I'm having a pretty poor run at the moment (not sure if it's due to all the rain we've had) so I might have a bit of a break until / if things improve. I'll see what today brings.

2 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

I would disqualify 19 of those just on the odds not being over 7/1 that leaves 13 hmm. Would you back 32 singles on any given day?

Not normally but if the system throws them up then so be it. I actually had 33 single "system" bets today and made a small profit. The more bets I have on any given day the more chance that I will make a profit.