** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Northern Ireland Open (plus qualifications)

Fader

We're straight into the Northern Ireland Open tomorrow. An event we tipped up last year for Mark Allen to come out and win. Was a hell of a final, too, beating Higgins in a deciding leg. I like Jimmy Robertson to beat Gary Wilson tomorrow. He has won the last few h2hs but he is also playing the better right now and he also has points to protect having made the Last 16 here, last year.

I also it's probably worth 2pts on Oliver Brown against Maguire. Maguire does have points to protect here but he just looked so average against Stevens last week and he also lost to Brown only a month ago. He isn't 13/2 tomorrow.

5pts J. Robertson to beat G. Wilson 4/5 willhill
2pts O. Brown to beat S. Maguire 13/2 paddypower
1pt treble - JRobertson / Woollaston / JJones (-2.5 frames) 6/1 paddypower

You would think after going 2-0 up, Brown would atleast get a deciding leg. Anyway, onto today. I think both Yize and Anda win today, in the 10am matches but my main bet wiill be Hugill to beat Zhengyi. Feels like I'm betting on this bloke every week but he's playing some nice stuff and Zhengyi is having abit of a mare this season. Lost 5-1 to Judge and then 4-0 to Jamie Clarke. I just wonder if Hugill can come through this.

5pts Hugill to beat Zhengyi 11/10 paddypower
1pt treble - Hugill, Anda (-1.5 frames) and Wize (-1.5 frames) 4.5/1 paddypower

Certainly wont be betting on Hugill again anytime soon. Disgusting performance. Nothing screams out today and so I'm just going with a 1pt 15/1 4-fold. Money back if one loses as always with PP.

1pt Sijun (-2.5 frames), Jak Jones, Over 5.5 frames Carter Vs Ding and D. Young (+1.5 frames) to beat Heathcote 15/1 paddypower

• 1 month later...

this continues today. I'll go with these few. In a "first to 4" event, Ding has beaten White 4-0, 4-1 and two 4-2s. It would only take that again here and I feel like there is quite abit of difference in quality here. Ding should come through with 2 to spare. Page, I think is worth a go at 7/2. Higgins was excellent in the Hong Kong Masters but despite being the finalist here last year, he tends to either go out early, like the European masters or grind down and make it to the latter stages. Holt has a few pts to protect here so worth a shot.

6pts Ding (-1.5 frames) to beat M.White 4/6 paddypower
2pts J.Page to beat Higgins 7/2 paddypower
1pt 4-fold - Ding (-1.5 frames), Gilbert, Donaldson and Junxu 10.5/1 paddypower

1 hour ago, Fader said:

god a real knack of picking out some crap performances at the moment. Drives me crazy.

Saw a bit of Ding's match. Yes he certainly underperformed although I have to say White was in sterling form, nonetheless a focussed Ding would still have been too good for him, but sadly aside from one or two flourishes, this was a very poor effort from the Chinese.

Did anybody see the Page/Higgins match though? Page was 5-4 up and 64-0 up lol 

anyway, few today that I like. I'm going to give Junxu a shot against Brecel. Junxu was immense in the beating of Selt. 1 century and 3 50+ breaks in that 4-0 win. It was a deciding leg the last time they played and Junxu has  beaten Brecel 3-0 in the Championship League.

2pts Junxu to beat Brecel 7/4 bet365
2.5pts Yuelong to beat Murphy 13/10 willhill
3pts Gilbert to beat Ford 4/6 bet365

^^ 

I press reply too quick. I thought Fords 4-0 looked more flattering than it looked when he has the 1st frame in the bag and Ford needed snookers and he still let him win. Once he lost that frame, his head went and Donaldson isn't playing that great right now. I think Gilbert continues that form he showed against Saengkham, with 2 centuries and beats Ford. Yuelong is also scoring well and Murphy only hit 1 50+ break in his win. You wonder how much he practices nowadays 

1 minute ago, Foo_Fighter said:

I know right. He might perform very well tonight though. 

Hope so, for you tonight mate.

One more for me tonight. I'm going to take McGill to beat Pengfei (-1.5 frame handicap) McGill has been impressive in this event and came back to beat Bingtao and show some real quality. Has hit multiple centuries and although Pengfei has a good record against McGill, I just can't see him beating McGill tonight.

3pts McGill (-1.5 frames) to beat Pengfei evens bet365

12 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

He did until he was 3-2 up. Choked big time in frame 6 and that was it. Williams wins 3-4 in the end.

He's firmly on my list to leave alone. Drives me mad because he has a temper too so once it goes wrong I feel like he gives up if it's not a big enough event.

McGill was excellent in that 4-0 win over Pengfei. Makes me think the 10/1 on him for this event looks a good pick. He faces Haotian in the Quarter Finals and then he would face the winner of Gilbert and Yuelong in the semi-finals. I think he makes that final and I think he'll face the defending champion, Mark Allen.

2pts e/w McGill to win Northern Ireland Open 10/1 paddypower