** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

German Masters

Fader

The German Masters gets underway today. 4 afternoon matches and 4 evening match (3 as Yang has visa issues and Trump has a walkover) 

I am going to take 2 outright bets here before we look at the matches and the first is Mark Allen, who looked to be playing well at the Shootout and has the bottom of the draw, which looks abit more appealing. Allen would have Haotian, likely Murphy, following by Higginson or Highfield and then likely Selby in a semi-final. Trump, Robertson, Williams are all in the other half and it's Williams who is my 2nd outright punt. Williams played well at the Shootout and is looking more and more likely as of late. He is a big price at 22s.

3pts M. Allen to win German Masters 8/1 paddypower
1pt e/w M. Williams to win German Masters 22/1 paddypower

Matches wise I was tempted with Brecel on the handicap but -2.5 is quite a big handicap to cover. In the evening matches, I'll take Georgiou to beat Steadman. Whilst qualification for the German Masters was in October, Georgiou beat Donaldson 5-0 and Barry Hawkins 5-3. He also made the Last 16 of the Shootout. Steadman is a good player on his day but the scoring doesn't look to be there in recent matches.  Out in Round 1 in 5 out of 7 tournaments and his only win, away from this event, was beating Zifan at the Scottish Open, where he then lost 4-0 to Trump. In the qualification for this event he beat Ng On Yee and Jiankang. Just a 57 highest break against Yee and 51 against Jiankang.

5pts Georgiou (-1.5 handicap) to beat Steadman 11/10 paddypower
2pts N. Robertson, Maguire & Georgiou all to win 3/1 paddypower

6 hours ago, charliepie said:

I'm annoyed I didn't have a bet on Walden as he was 5/2 last night which looked quite generous. Neil was poor though.

yeah, must admit, i thought about it as Neil has just won an event but left it alone.

Not a great night. Ofcourse, Steadman turned into Ronnie with a 130 and 3 50+ breaks. Gotta laugh when you look at his form this season.

Just the one for me today. I didn't like anything in the morning matches but I like Saengkham to beat Day. Saengkham has already beaten Higgins in this event and a deciding leg win over Jak Jones. He had 2 centuries against Higgins and 1 against Jones. He is scoring well and made the last 16 of the UK Championship. He played really well there. Day has beaten Jimmy White and Jamie Clarke in the qualification, here. He has lost some shockers this season and by far Saengkham has the better form.

5pts Saengkham to beat Day evens bet365

9 hours ago, charliepie said:

I'm annoyed I didn't have a bet on Walden as he was 5/2 last night which looked quite generous. Neil was poor though.

Didn't look at all interested to me. It felt like he was going for shots he wouldn't have gone for in the Masters and his pot success was very low. Looked like he wasn't bothered if he won or lost and I've seen that a few times now with him in smaller tournaments. Could be worth opposing him whenever he's a strong favourite and it's not a big tournament.

20 hours ago, Torque said:

Didn't look at all interested to me. It felt like he was going for shots he wouldn't have gone for in the Masters and his pot success was very low. Looked like he wasn't bothered if he won or lost and I've seen that a few times now with him in smaller tournaments. Could be worth opposing him whenever he's a strong favourite and it's not a big tournament.

that's the issue. Despite it being a ranked event, too often players are just half assing some events. Perhaps too many options for the bigger players.

A hard tournament to read so far and only Allen left on my side. A few 50/50s today and a few that I like. Although the way things are going....

I'll lower the stakes abit here as my current form is rather annoying me. First up, I'll take Zhengyi to beat Higginson. Higginson got a bye into this round thanks to a withdrawl and will come into this colder than Zhengyi, who played well in the win over Highfield. He hit a 134 and 2 79+ breaks in that 5-2 win and that's followed on from him beating Lu Ning and Un-Nooh back in October. Hard to know what we'll get from Higginson but to be fair he has beaten Vafaei and Hallworth along the way. Vafaei didn't perform atall though, with just a 57 break. He did lost 4-0 to Selt without either player making a 50 break last month after beating Stuart Bingham so he can be abit up and down and for the odds I think Fan is worth a shot.

Other one I like is Bingtao to beat Selby. Selby has come out on his mental issues recently and although his game is still pretty solid, he has a poor recent record against Bingtao. Bingtao has won the last two head-to-heads and I think he is abit of value today.

3pts F. Zhengyi to beat A. Higginson evens bet365
2.5pts Y. Bingtao to beat M. Selby 11/10 bet365
--------------------------------------------------------
1pt treble - Zhengyi, Bingtao, Allen and Craigie all to win 14/1 bet365

On my phone at moment as I can’t get to my laptop. Semi finals today then and one semi final we probably didn’t expect to see with the quality in the top half was Walden taking on Xintong. Both players beat top players but I think Xintong has really upped his game over the last few months and had an event under his belt. I think he comes through and I would like to think Allen can beat Bingtao. Won the last two between the two. 

4pts Xintong and Allen double 9/4 bet365 

Personally I’m going Xintong. It’s a hard to one to call as both have won a match each in the head to heads and both have beaten top players this week but Xintong just seems to be making less mistakes. Allen really should have got back level when he missed a couple easy pots. 

3pts Xintong to beat Bingtao evens bet365

7 hours ago, Fader said:

Personally I’m going Xintong. It’s a hard to one to call as both have won a match each in the head to heads and both have beaten top players this week but Xintong just seems to be making less mistakes. Allen really should have got back level when he missed a couple easy pots. 

3pts Xintong to beat Bingtao evens bet365

Looks like this one will just about land :lol