** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship League

owenclass

Yeah, Championship League gets started with Group 1 tomorrow. In the outright market there are a few that I like the look of and players that end to do well in this kind of format. Here are my 4 :

1pt e/w M. Williams to win Championship League 16/1 paddypower
1pt e/w D. Gilbert to win Championship League 20/1 paddypower
1pt e/w T. Ford to win Championship League 25/1 paddypower

1pt e/w A. Carter to win Championship League 40/1 paddypower

Group 1 consists of favourite Lisowski along with Ford, Yuelong, Wenbo, Day, Gary Wilson and Dott. Tom Ford is the one I think I'll go with. He has been abit up and down recently but he is a good fast scoring player and I think that's what you want here. Lisowski you would think would suit this but hasn't done that great in previous events of this nature. Yuelong can have his day and even Dott has a good history here but I'll stick to the one here.

3pts T. Ford to win Group 1 5/1 bet365

13 minutes ago, Torque said:

@four-leaf I don't look at the championship league. Seems a total lottery to me as the format is so short.

Ok, so no good bet then in any match. I can agree thst's it's to short format. It' just that I can't wait for something to bet on. Need something but seems like nothing is good today. Just a lot of random snooker and football games like cupmatches.

10 minutes ago, Fader said:

I have had alot of success with it. Had Donaldson to win it 2019/2020 66/1 and Brecel in 2020 125/1 I believe, but normally I prefer outright bets with it to the match betting because the match betting does feel alittle coin-flippy.

Wanna hit me up on the matchbetting later?

50 minutes ago, Fader said:

I have had alot of success with it. Had Donaldson to win it 2019/2020 66/1 and Brecel in 2020 125/1 I believe, but normally I prefer outright bets with it to the match betting because the match betting does feel alittle coin-flippy.

Yeah that's what I meant. Outright betting seems worth a look - a player can lose a match or two and still qualify - but the match betting itself is very hard to call.

• 2 weeks later...

Group 3 gets underway tomorrow and Tuesday. Group is :

Selby
Xintong
Bingham
Guodong
Day
Perry
Ning

The two I will take for the group winner will be Ryan Day and Lu Ning. Both of these made the semi final in Group 2 and finished 1st and 2nd in the table. Ning made the final and lost 3-1 to Dott whilst Day lost in a deciding leg in the Semi-Final against Dott.

1.5pts R. Day to win Group 3 8/1 paddypower
1pt Lu Ning to win Group 3 10/1 paddypower

2 minutes ago, Fader said:

Group 3 gets underway tomorrow and Tuesday. Group is :

Selby
Xintong
Bingham
Guodong
Day
Perry
Ning

The two I will take for the group winner will be Ryan Day and Lu Ning. Both of these made the semi final in Group 2 and finished 1st and 2nd in the table. Ning made the final and lost 3-1 to Dott whilst Day lost in a deciding leg in the Semi-Final against Dott.

1.5pts R. Day to win Group 3 8/1 bet365
1pt Lu Ning to win Group 3 10/1 bet365

Sorry, this is bet365

Higgins / Xintong 

any reason why Xintong is a 2.35 dog? they have similar ranking and out of the 4 last confrontations Xintong won the last 3, all of them he won just by a single frame so they are not big wins but still, shouldn't the odds be even at 1.90?? Or did i miss something?

• Fader changed the title to Championship League

We're into Group 7 tomorrow and Wednesday and it's easily the highest quality group we've ever seen in this event. How about this for a group :

O'Sullivan
K. Wilson

Higgins
Ding
Gould
Carter
Walden

This event can is abit of a nonentity for alot of the players, I reckon. Perhaps some practice they can get in for a couple days. Especially the likes of Ronnie. I'm happy to rule out Ronnie for the group win because even if he wins it, the value isn't really there with such players like Higgins, Kyren and Ding in the group. It's such a short, quick format that it's very much bordering "random" 

There is 2 players that I'm going to take against the field though and it's near the bottom of the betting. Ali Carter and Ricky Walden. Walden had a really good German Masters and on another day could have won that event. He's done well in this format before and won Group 7 last year and came 2nd to eventual finalist Mark Allen in the 2nd phase of that event. Ali Carter actually went one step further and came 2nd to eventual winner, Dave Gilbert. So both have cailbre in this event.

2pts R. Walden to win Group 7 8/1 bet365
1.5pts A. Carter to win Group 7 10/1 bet365

• 1 month later...