** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Aug 17th & 18th

Be interested to get your thoughts on Cardiff at Peterborough @StevieDay1983, odds for away side correct? Are Cardiff good at attacking down the wings? How do Peterborough cope with physical sides? I don't know much about the championship these days but I'm gonna try and pay closer attention this season.

Also, does anyone else think the Luton price is slightly generous away to Barnsley?

Peterborough vs Cardiff City

2021-08-17T20:45+02:00

Peterborough

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Jack Taylor (0/0 m), Ricky-Jade Jones (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Cardiff City

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Mark McGuinness (1/0 d), Ciaron Brown (0/0 d), Lee Tomlin (0/0 f), Isaac Vassell (0/0 f), Isaak Davies (0/0 f), Kieron Evans (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

630.png  202.png

London Road is a nightmare for Cardiff until 2013. Only defeats for Cardiff there but we cant look only the previews meetings. The Key is the tactic on the grass. Cardiff in the first matches giving better things in the field. But has one of the worst. Continue to play with long balls. Αn obsolete tactic. Second problem, cant keep the possesion of the ball. Peterborough has the antidote. The pressing from the opposition giving big advantage to hosters. In the away game against Blackpool Cardiff had 36% possesion of the ball. But Cardiff has great experience from championship and how to use the situations inside games. At Blackpool lost possesion of the ball but make 17 shots against 8. Eight shots on target and one woodwork. When Cardif pass the middle of the field with the ball down then we have difficult situations for the opponent team. Nice attacking players like Giles and Moore and the ball can  get inside the net easily. Peterborough havent the experience of the category but only the enthousiasm of the newcomer. I believe if Cardiff score the first goal, she take the match. Peterborough making too much errors in games until now and cant make good defense from the wings. This is one more advantage from Cardiff because she can change her attack formations easilly.

CARDIFF to win (2.45)

Edited by THEODORE-007

On 8/16/2021 at 12:02 PM, Mindfulness said:

Be interested to get your thoughts on Cardiff at Peterborough @StevieDay1983, odds for away side correct? Are Cardiff good at attacking down the wings? How do Peterborough cope with physical sides? I don't know much about the championship these days but I'm gonna try and pay closer attention this season.

Also, does anyone else think the Luton price is slightly generous away to Barnsley?

Sorry mate, had so much stuff to sort out this week that I didn't get a chance to get a Cardiff preview up. I'd fancy us to beat Peterborough after our performance at Blackpool but they are one of our bogey teams. Who could forget us being 4-0 up away in 2009 only to draw 4-4. That was a classic Dave Jones bottle job performance. We have won 4 of the last 5 meetings though so fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Sorry mate, had so much stuff to sort out this week that I didn't get a chance to get a Cardiff preview up. I'd fancy us to beat Peterborough after our performance at Blackpool but they are one of our bogey teams. Who could forget us being 4-0 up away in 2009 only to draw 4-4. That was a classic Dave Jones bottle job performance. We have won 4 of the last 5 meetings though so fingers crossed.

No worries mate, Cardiff have shown some spirit tonight to comeback in the last minute.

There could be a lot of mad dog games at the London Road Stadium this season. Siriki Dembele and Jonson Clarke-Harris look like they can menace defences in the second tier.

Stats from the game show Cardiff were effective at creating chances from the flanks tonight. As people have already pointed out, this is an area where Peterborough seem vulnerable.

9 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

No worries mate, Cardiff have shown some spirit tonight to comeback in the last minute.

There could be a lot of mad dog games at the London Road Stadium this season. Siriki Dembele and Jonson Clarke-Harris look like they can menace defences in the second tier.

Stats from the game show Cardiff were effective at creating chances from the flanks tonight. As people have already pointed out, this is an area where Peterborough seem vulnerable.

Yeah, disappointed with the draw. Our defending is a real concern. I'm not sure our left wing back position has been the same since Bennett stopped playing there first through injury and then after leaving on a free. Apparently, he's just set up a 6 a side league at the AirDome in Leckwith so he's still living around this area and without a club. Not sure what's going on there but we could really do with him. I still think our central midfield is an issue too. To sum it up, we're playing a formation which should focus on the wing backs and central midfield yet those are our weakest areas in terms of personnel right now.

42 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Apparently, he's just set up a 6 a side league at the AirDome in Leckwith so he's still living around this area and without a club.

Sounds like Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.

Maybe the club have tried to contact him but the radio's been destroyed.

18 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

Sounds like Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.

Maybe the club have tried to contact him but the radio's been destroyed.

:lol There have been alleged sightings of Bennett topless and feral in the Brecon Beacons! To be fair, there were stages last season when our defence could have done with Colonel Kurtz in the back-line!

10 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

I watched the Derby game and the Posh left back seemed a bit out of his depth.

Yeh I think Derby targeted him using Ebosele wide right but he's only 19 and doesn't quite have the decision making or end product yet. You get the impression that teams with effective wingers would cause Peterborough all kinds of issues.

Can't see a reason to stop opposing Derby. Last season they usually found a way to lose and they did that against Peterborough, conceding 2 in the extended injury time. Another injury to their main striker won't help. Hull lost 3-0 at home to QPR even so Hull still created plenty of chances against a decent side, this is easier!

Hull are just the right side of even money with SBK which is just about big enough for me. 

For me the real secret of the betting is to find  high odd value bets. If derby give me a nice percent to risk i will take it. And too many years searching  in low england leagues.,  witn technical stats of games  i believe i can found nice value bets. When derby take match on her feets will make an excellent vaslue bet team this year. Its my opinion of course.

12 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Hull were very poor. Just looking at Saturday and can only see Fulham absolutely thumping them if they play anything like that. 

Does anyone know what the "Handicap Alternate Spread" is on Redzone? It's got Fulham -2.5 at 5/1...do Fulham just have to win by 3 clear goals as per a normal handicap?

If that's the case, that's a licence to print money. Fulham are flying and they should have run in 5 or 6 at Millwall on Tuesday. Despite Hull's opening day 4-1 rampage they look like a struggler this time round. I would certainly say you'd have every reason to be optimistic about that wager.

Edited by Kenton Schweppes