What is your favourite Horse of all time ?

My best memories are mostly from the 80's. 

Like Trotter, Dancing Brave does it for me. Best horse not to have won the Derby, thanks to A shocker of a ride from Starkey.

Favourite moments, all from Cheltenham and all that I was fortunate enough to witness

Dawn Run winning the Gold Cup

Dessie winning the Gold Cup

and my favourite Danoli winning the Sun Alliance 1994. Never heard a roar like it, before or since, at  a racecourse. Every man and his dog had backed it.

I got into racing quite late ...... early to mid 1980s when I was in my 30s

I hadn't heard of many horses before then

I knew of Arkle......... Red Rum, Foinavon ......... I expect the Grand National was the only race I was aware of. I knew of The Derby but I'd never watched it. 

I do have one horse racing memory from the early 1970s ...... I was at home with my Mum and something came on the radio about Brigadier Gerard winning again. I remember asking my Mum why everyone in the country didn't put all their money on Brigadier Gerard and everyone would be rich. Not sure I understood betting ...... or frankly, economics

On 7/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, Wanderlust said:

My best memories are mostly from the 80's. 

Like Trotter, Dancing Brave does it for me. Best horse not to have won the Derby, thanks to A shocker of a ride from Starkey.

Favourite moments, all from Cheltenham and all that I was fortunate enough to witness

Dawn Run winning the Gold Cup

Dessie winning the Gold Cup

and my favourite Danoli winning the Sun Alliance 1994. Never heard a roar like it, before or since, at  a racecourse. Every man and his dog had backed it.

I'm of the same opinion has you the 70s/80s seem more memorable there was so many too choose from,NIGHT NURSE,SEA PIGEON,BADSWORTH BOY,to name a few.