1300 Lingfield Rosie Powers
1620 Catterick Sage Advice
10/3

2pt win double
1540 Nottingham Muker
1845 Newcastle Forest Falcon
9/2

14pts staked.

One more from the UK then done for the day.

Edited by Barnes1882

2 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

Today's selections....

2pt win
0940 Compiegne
Le Listrac 2/1

2.5pt win
1025 Lyon
Surabaya 11/8

2.5pt win
1550 Catterick
Alix James 7/4

3pt win double
1400 Lingfield Royal Mews
1715 Newcastle Al Nefud
2/1

2pt win double
10/3

2pt win double
1540 Nottingham Muker
9/2

14pts staked.

Lovely start as the two French selections win again. Annoyed I didn't double up today but will take two single wins. 

All prices Bet365:

1.30 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Yorktown @ 25/1

You have to take a bit of a leap of faith with this one as he hasn't shown much to date but is bred to be useful and there has been some glimmers of hope to work with. Travelled well on his seasonal debut when last seen but faded quickly inside the final furlong and with that under his belt, wind surgery in the meantime and the tongue tie on today, might be able to sustain his effort a bit longer and go well at a price.

1.45 Catterick - 1pt e/w Suwaan @ 10/1

I'm sweet on the chances of Ruth Carr's runner here who is a full 21lbs lower in the handicap than when last seen on turf and has shown signs of improved form the last twice. Has fitness on his side and the trainer's horses have started running much better now so this one looks primed to strike with conditions to suit. 

2.30 Lingfield - 1pt win Roca Magica @ 7/1

Was a shade disappointing at Newcastle last time but he raced handy and it paid to be off the speed on that occasion. I think he's best coming from behind and more patient tactics would suit here. Is well handicapped, drops into 0-60 company and has been in decent nick recently so makes appeal today.

2.40 Nottingham - 1pt e/w Zlatan @ 10/1

A few of these look weighted to the hilt and the top two in the market look like horses who want further so I'm drawn to Zlatan who, whilst not getting his head in front for a long time, will enjoy conditions and his handicap mark is fine. Was in decent enough form when last seen (barring an excusable defeat at Southwell) and will relish the quick ground here. Has gone well fresh before and the yard is going well so appeals at a double figure price.

3.00 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Rain Gauge @ 9/1

It was a decent race that he contested here last time and I think he ran a solid race all things considered, with the front three all 85-rated horses in my eyes. This one now goes handicapping with conditions to suit off a mark of 72 and appeals at an each-way price. Likely to race handy and having been too free over 1m2f on its first two starts, I think there's still some untapped potential over this mile trip.

3.50 Catterick - 1pt e/w Magical Effect @ 16/1

This is another one of Ruth Carr's well handicapped horses who returns with conditions to suit here. Was badly out of form when last seen in the autumn but the yard wasn't; going well (0-59 in October) and it pays to keep them on side when they hit a hot spell. Virtually all of Carr's horses are running soundly at the moment and this one has form when fresh too so quite a lot to like here. 

4.05 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Clegane @ 8/1

Just 2lbs higher for winning last time having raced extremely wide off the home turn and given a mountain to climb. Was delivered to get up on the line but is surely still handicapped to win considering the nature of the run last time. Has to give weight to her juniors here but represents a solid each-way bet at 8/1.

todays top rated selections

NOTTINGHAM 15:10 Kool Moe Dee 7/1 e/w 3 Places C bet (NB Copinet 2/1 C bet)

NOTTINGHAM 15:40 Atalis Bay 6/1 e/w 2 Places C bet

NOTTINGHAM 16:10 Laafy 5/1 e/w 2 Places B bet

NOTTINGHAM 16:40 Astro King 5/1 e/w 2 Places C bet

NOTTINGHAM 17:10 Gordonstoun 11/1 e/w 4 Places Bet (NB Albert Camus 3/1 B bet)

A few at Lingfield today but all bets are peppered with dangers so low stakes

1.00 Ling no bet but I looked at Crimson Sand last night when 6/4 was available.  Wondered whether the gelding would beat the filly, don't know how stronger they are supposed to be.  Anyway, the market changed over night and the horse is odds on. 

1.30Libretta £2 win at 8.0 Top rated RPR/Timeform Got to be worth a couple of quid with Hollie Doyle aboard

2.30 Ling £2 win at 10.5 on Roca Magica (Mark Crehan aboard).  Looks just as a good bet on the front market leaders

3.00 Ling Merry Secret £1 win at 8/1 (Mark Crehan aboard) And £1 win on Rain Guage at 9/1

3.30 Ling Kings Knight; supposedly bred for the All Weather and has a decent form profile. £2 win at 6.4

4.34 Ling Rainbow Mirage Top RPR/Timeform £2 win at 6.4

Total staked = £10.  Should at least get my money back if one wins

May look at Newcastle later.  I will leave it to the experts to fathom out bets on the flat at Catterick and Nottingham

4 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

Today's selections....

2pt win
0940 Compiegne
Le Listrac 2/1

2.5pt win
1025 Lyon
Surabaya 11/8

2.5pt win
1550 Catterick
Alix James 7/4

3pt win double
1715 Newcastle Al Nefud
2/1

2pt win double
10/3

2pt win double
1540 Nottingham Muker
9/2

14pts staked.

2.5pt win

1635 Lingfield

Soyounique 7/2

Done for the day.

Good luck!

Edited by Barnes1882

18 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

1.00 Ling no bet but I looked at Crimson Sand last night when 6/4 was available.  Wondered whether the gelding would beat the filly, don't know how stronger they are supposed to be.  Anyway, the market changed over night and the horse is odds on. 

1.30Libretta £2 win at 8.0 Top rated RPR/Timeform Got to be worth a couple of quid with Hollie Doyle aboard

2.30 Ling £2 win at 10.5 on Roca Magica (Mark Crehan aboard).  Looks just as a good bet on the front market leaders

3.00 Ling Merry Secret £1 win at 8/1 (Mark Crehan aboard) And £1 win on Rain Guage at 9/1

3.30 Ling Kings Knight; supposedly bred for the All Weather and has a decent form profile. £2 win at 6.4

May look at Newcastle later.  I will leave it to the experts to fathom out bets on the flat at Catterick and Nottingham

ive got mark too x 2

23 minutes ago, Wildgarden said:
41 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

ive got mark too x 2

Expand  

His winners mainly come from George Boughey but he seems to be a transformed jockey these days.  I don't know what he did to make himself a better rider these days

9 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

Today's selections....

2pt win
0940 Compiegne
Le Listrac 2/1

2.5pt win
1025 Lyon
Surabaya 11/8

2.5pt win
1550 Catterick
Alix James 7/4

3pt win double
1715 Newcastle Al Nefud
2/1

2pt win double
10/3

2pt win double
1540 Nottingham Muker
9/2

14pts staked.

Tough day in the middle after a great start and end.

French singles returned 11.5pts between them.

2.5pts lost Alix James

3pts lost Royal double 

2pts lost Rosie double

2pts lost Muker double

2.5pts 7/2 (+2pts extra before the race 11/4) returned 19pts.

Total staked = 18.5pts

Total returned = 30.5pts

Profit = 12pts (5pts profit without the extra I had on Soyounique as I didn't advertise it on here)

Might have one or two more tonight. 

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

At least Kings Knight proved that it was bred for the AW and won.  All other bets lost and so I made a tiny profit of £2.58.  This means that my new balance is £542.21 (Bank £500)

Start of the Aintree meetings tomorrow, I hope that I find time to find a few selections