** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Jan 19th & 20th

champratings.jpg

Here are the odds and ratings for this midweek round of Championship games coming up. Give us your thoughts below. @yossa6133, another win for you boys on the weekend. Is the Chris Hughton train now fully on course for preparing for a promotion push? 15 points is ground that can be made up in plenty of time. @waynecoyne, keen to hear your thoughts on Sheffield Wednesday. @Kenton Schweppes, any chance of some inside info on Huddersfield? 3 losses from your last 4 league games now. @skyblues88, you must be pleased with how Coventry are performing.

Hi @StevieDay1983 while we have won our last 3 games under the caretaker manager we have continued to play poorly. Add to this a covid outbreak leading

to 2 games being postponed i would not be optimistic. We also have a chairman who is taking his time over appointing a new manager (maybe waiting for the end of the transfer window) so he has an excuse for not signing players. We have signed free agent Andre Green but no idea if he's any good and a winger is not what we required.

Happy days the sooner the chairman sells up or runs out of money the better.

Cardiff vs QPR

Oh, goody. It's that time of the week again where I get to write about how bland Cardiff are going to play against an opponent that will hardly have to lift a finger because we'll do all their hard work for them by giving away possession, having no shape creating no opportunities in the final third, and displaying a level of predictability that it would be an autistic person's wet dream. Today, it's QPR that visit Cardiff City Stadium for this 7pm GMT kick-off that will leave me feeling almost as sad as I did when I missed out on the latest stock drop of Playstation 5 consoles at Game this morning.

Cardiff continue to tread water and waste a season that had once promised so much. Long gone are the days of optimism that followed the brave play-off venture last season. The signings of Harry Wilson, Sheyi Ojo, and Filip Benkovic had brought mixed results but none have really fulfilled their potential yet. Save for Ojo who has undoubtedly been one of our best performers. Perry Ng has been signed from Crewe meaning we actually have a right back to play at right back. Leandro Bacuna can sleep safely knowing he won't need to deputise any more. Although watch Ng go down injured in the opening 5 minutes! It's 5 losses in a row across all competitions, we are down in 15th, and we still look dreadful under Neil Harris. I wouldn't bet on us to beat an egg at the moment.

QPR fans will come into this game undoubtedly feeling the same as I do about Cardiff. The sale of Eberechi Eze has hit the club hard but there are problems that have been festering for a while. A lack of real investment in the team is now showing its head and the club are down in 20th place and just 4 points above the drop zone because of it. Rangers brought an end to a winless run of 9 league games with that 2-0 win away to Luton in their last outing but two postponed league fixtures means they've only played 1 league game since 29th December, 2020.

I feel this is one of those games where there is likely to be no winner because both teams are just as bad as each other. I think it's already fairly certain that neither team will be pushing higher than mid-table without some radical changes this season. Relegation is more of a prospect than promotion. If I had to back one team I'd say QPR could snatch it but that's my pessimism coming out. Both teams have scored in 9 of their respective home and away matches this season. Both teams have also scored in 5 of the last 6 meetings including the 3-2 win for QPR in the reverse fixture earlier this season. I'd back a 1-1 draw or 2-2 draw to be the best value.

Draw @ 3.40 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.83 with SBK