** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat, Friday 8th January

I was initially pleased when I saw so many non handicap races to choose selections from today.  However, when I consider that in the main punters are having to juggle flat form against hurdles and chase form it occurs to me that this is a great opportunity for the bookies to make a lot of money.  This being so I have limited myself to possibly two main bets today.

I have already backed Snookered in the 2.10 at Newcastle £3.20 at 4/1 (my PL Nap).  It looks to have a decent chance of winning this race and has now been backed into 9/4 best price (wouldn't have played at that price)

I think I have missed the boat in trying to get £3.20 at 4.2 about Divas Mix in the 11.50 at Lingfield.  I will leave the bet open on the Betfair Exchange in the hope that money comes for the Fergal O'Brien trained City Derby.  This horse was favourite to win its last race and was brought down.  I am not so sure that it would have won had it not fallen so the Henderson horse looks well worth taking a chance on today.

I think that it could pay for punters to focus on the traditional stables that do well in bumpers rather than try and speculate on how hurdlers and chasers who are in good form will perform in what is essentially a flat race

Good luck to all whatever you do but I strongly suggest keeping stakes to a minimum today.

===============================================================================================

Well my price got matched at 4.2 on Divas Mix and of course it got beat and came second.  But as I am sure @richard-westwoodwould agree is if one cant 3/1 about a horse when it appears to have only one other main rival is a good deal.  Well done to Fergal O'Brien and Paddy Brennan

In my other race, the price of Snookered has shortened so much that I felt compelled to trade out of the bet.  Even more beneficial to my betting bank I have layed £6.54 at 2.26 which gives me a liability of £8.24 should the horse win.  On the other hand I will receive a return of £16 should the horse win with Bet 365.  Hence, I get my total outlay of the day back of £6.41 should the horse lose and alternatively win £16 - £8.24 = £7.76 profit should the horse win.  A very cosy position to be in @calva decoythough I respect anyone's wishes to let the bet ride

Edited by The Equaliser
I've chickend out, haha

5.15 Southwell - Gabrial The Devil at 11/2

I was on Samovar yesterday (won) and he's turning out again today over the same CD in a small field handicap and he is the short priced favourite, currently 6/4

But I think he can opposed today ....... double penalty in a Class 4. The race he won yesterday was a Class 6. Also I think he needs a poor race to win at 6 furlongs ....... he was hanging on for the line yesterday and I think he's better at 5f unless they find him a really easy race at 6f

The one I like is decent odds ....... Gabrial The Devil at 11/2, currently 4th in te market out of the five runners

Last two wins off todays mark, back down to his winning trip after a couple of runs at 7f which he's never won at, back to Class 4 after a couple of runs in Class 2 and Class 3

Main doubt ..... his record on the AW is not great but then he's not run on it very often and the yard is in good nick

A few outsiders 

12.40 Newcastle areyouwithus 25/1 5 places :nanaplaced

12.10 Newcastle westy’s super mare 55/1 5 places non runner

13.40 Newcastle jack yeats 12/1  :nana placed

15.40 Newcastle billy bathgate 22/1 4 places :nana placed

13.20 lingfield uncle o 28/1 5 places  :nanaplaced

14.20 lingfield good bye 14/1 4 places :nanaplaced

15.20 lingfield carole’s Templer 45/1 5 places :nanaplaced

16.15 Southwell larina grande 7/1 :wall

16.45 Southwell kraka 10/1 :nanaplaced

19.15 Southwell upside down 10/1 :nana:nanawinner

15.55 Dundalk that’s not me 12/1  :wall

16.30 Dundalk togoville 10/1 :wall

16.30 Dundalk haayem 16/1 6 places non runner will do knight of Malta 16/1:wall

17.30 Dundalk eglish 16/1 7 places :wall

all bets 50 p e/w some are e w e bet365 ??

Edited by LEE-GRAYS

Southwell
1615 - 1 Smart Qibili    9/4 Paddy Power  -  2nd place
1645 - 8 Al Batal    5/1 Bet365   - 9th Place
1715 - 4 Oakenshield    5/1 Bet365  - 4th of 4  
1745 - 1 Artistic Streak   2/1 William Hill   -  WON  SP: 11/4
1815 - 4 Kevin The Minion  7/4 Paddy Power   -  7th Place
1845 - 1 Shine Baby Shine   2/1 Bet365   - 3rd Place
1915 - 1 Professor Galant    13/2 Bet365  - 2nd place

Dundalk
1555 - 8 Red Cymbal   9/2 Bet365    -  5th Place
1630 - 2 Comin Through  5/2 Bet365   - 3rd Place
1700 - 6 Just Brilliant   6/1 Bet365  -  WON   SP: 11/4 
1730 - 11 Tyrconnell  13/2 William Hill  - 5th place
1800 - 4 Ferrybank   2/1 Bet365   -  WON   SP: 11/8
1830 - 10 Make The Switch  7/2 Paddy Power  -  6th place
1900 - 1 Canning  12/1 Bet365  - 11th place
1930 - 6 Starlight Red   11/4 Bet365  -  3rd place

Edited by ipswich45
results being added

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

5.15 Southwell - Gabrial The Devil at 11/2

I was on Samovar yesterday (won) and he's turning out again today over the same CD in a small field handicap and he is the short priced favourite, currently 6/4

But I think he can opposed today ....... double penalty in a Class 4. The race he won yesterday was a Class 6. Also I think he needs a poor race to win at 6 furlongs ....... he was hanging on for the line yesterday and I think he's better at 5f unless they find him a really easy race at 6f

The one I like is decent odds ....... Gabrial The Devil at 11/2, currently 4th in te market out of the five runners

Last two wins off todays mark, back down to his winning trip after a couple of runs at 7f which he's never won at, back to Class 4 after a couple of runs in Class 2 and Class 3

Main doubt ..... his record on the AW is not great but then he's not run on it very often and the yard is in good nick

Hi Trotter,

Just made some money on your selection.  Well done.  Compensates for me being shafted on Snookered earlier on.  I didn't realise that Pull Green was a non runner and got stuffed for a 25p deduction.  Glad you were around to save me ?

19 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Hi Trotter,

Just made some money on your selection.  Well done.  Compensates for me being shafted on Snookered earlier on.  I didn't realise that Pull Green was a non runner and got stuffed for a 25p deduction.  Glad you were around to save me ?

Had 12-1 last night before all the non runners brought it down lol

7 hours ago, alancraik said:

todays top rated selections

never done NH AW before, will have to see what happens.

NEWCASTLE 13:40 Busy Street 10/1 e/w 4 Places

LINGFIELD 13:50 Glory And Honour 4/5 win

NEWCASTLE 14:10 Monsieur Co 5/1 e/w 3 Places

LINGFIELD 14:20 Hasanabad 4/6 win

Hi Alan. I had busy street at 10-1 and it was only paid out at 2.5-1 or thereabouts. Any idea? Thanks for tip 

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I was initially pleased when I saw so many non handicap races to choose selections from today.  However, when I consider that in the main punters are having to juggle flat form against hurdles and chase form it occurs to me that this is a great opportunity for the bookies to make a lot of money.  This being so I have limited myself to possibly two main bets today.

I have already backed Snookered in the 2.10 at Newcastle £3.20 at 4/1 (my PL Nap).  It looks to have a decent chance of winning this race and has now been backed into 9/4 best price (wouldn't have played at that price)

I think I have missed the boat in trying to get £3.20 at 4.2 about Divas Mix in the 11.50 at Lingfield.  I will leave the bet open on the Betfair Exchange in the hope that money comes for the Fergal O'Brien trained City Derby.  This horse was favourite to win its last race and was brought down.  I am not so sure that it would have won had it not fallen so the Henderson horse looks well worth taking a chance on today.

I think that it could pay for punters to focus on the traditional stables that do well in bumpers rather than try and speculate on how hurdlers and chasers who are in good form will perform in what is essentially a flat race

Good luck to all whatever you do but I strongly suggest keeping stakes to a minimum today.

===============================================================================================

Well my price got matched at 4.2 on Divas Mix and of course it got beat and came second.  But as I am sure @richard-westwoodwould agree is if one cant 3/1 about a horse when it appears to have only one other main rival is a good deal.  Well done to Fergal O'Brien and Paddy Brennan

In my other race, the price of Snookered has shortened so much that I felt compelled to trade out of the bet.  Even more beneficial to my betting bank I have layed £6.54 at 2.26 which gives me a liability of £8.24 should the horse win.  On the other hand I will receive a return of £16 should the horse win with Bet 365.  Hence, I get my total outlay of the day back of £6.41 should the horse lose and alternatively win £16 - £8.24 = £7.76 profit should the horse win.  A very cosy position to be in @calva decoythough I respect anyone's wishes to let the bet ride

9/2 Snookered &

7/2 Hackberry 

The joy of getting on early The Equaliser ?

7 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

A few outsiders 

12.40 Newcastle areyouwithus 25/1 5 places :nanaplaced

12.10 Newcastle westy’s super mare 55/1 5 places non runner

13.40 Newcastle jack yeats 12/1  :nana placed

15.40 Newcastle billy bathgate 22/1 4 places :nana placed

13.20 lingfield uncle o 28/1 5 places  :nanaplaced

14.20 lingfield good bye 14/1 4 places :nanaplaced

15.20 lingfield carole’s Templer 45/1 5 places :nanaplaced

16.15 Southwell larina grande 7/1 :wall

16.45 Southwell kraka 10/1 :nanaplaced

19.15 Southwell upside down 10/1 :nana:nanawinner

15.55 Dundalk that’s not me 12/1  :wall

16.30 Dundalk togoville 10/1 :wall

16.30 Dundalk haayem 16/1 6 places non runner will do knight of Malta 16/1:wall

17.30 Dundalk eglish 16/1 7 places :wall

all bets 50 p e/w some are e w e bet365 ??

Good day had to wait till last for winner had a couple of big price seconds but did them e w e for a bit of insurance shame about dundalk

out £14

in £23.10

?