** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > October 31st

Darran

Tuesday was a mini bump back to earth after the high of Saturday, but an injury time goal against us was always going to happen at some point. More on that in the previews. With Step 3 entering the FA Trophy the focus is on the 3 National League's and I have 5 bets.

Hartlepool v Torquay

The live BT Sport game sees 1st v 4th and Hartlepool are yet to lose so far this season so an interesting game on paper. At the risk of upsetting Hartlepool fans again (for some reason they got upset with me saying Notts County are the biggest team in Non-League last week), I am not sure Hartlepool are quite as good as their form suggests. For a start they have had a pretty kind fixture list so far and they haven't always played that well. I put them up to beat Maidenhead the other week and they won 4-0, but Maidenhead should have been 4 up by half time and they managed to get away with it. On Tuesday night they were good in the 1st half against Altrincham, but were poor in the 2nd half and Alty missed a penalty. Speaking of late goals, Torquay have been the masters in that so far this season with 3 of their 5 victories on the back of goals in injury time. They also scored a 90th minute goal in their 4-1 win against Aldershot on Tuesday night. They are looking capable of a top 7 finish this season and I think there is more to come from them. They look over priced at 13/5 with Betway and I would have them no bigger than 7/4 myself.

Wrexham v Sutton

Wrexham don't seem to have solved any of their issues of last season. They still can't score goals and they aren't looking great at the back either. They were fortunate to beat Boreham Wood on day 1 and their other win was against Yeovil who are yet to win. Although Barnet welcomed some of the players who were missing against Leiston it still wasn't a great effort to draw in 0-0 where yet again they looked poor up front. Sutton have had a great start to the season winning 4 of their 1st 5 games. Now they have only beaten Aldershot, Maidenhead, Weymouth and Yeovil, but Wrexham don't look any stronger than that lot and they might well only need the 1 goal to win. Betway are biggest again at 14/5, but again I would be happy to take around 15/8.

Gloucester City v Chester

Gloucester have had a couple of weeks off since beating Blyth 6-1 as Covid in the Gateshead camp forced their game off last Saturday. In that time Chester limply went out of the FA Cup to Marine although they did bounce back from that when beating Curzon on Tuesday night. For me though Gloucester look a better team than Chester this season and I think the 6/4 is a good price as they should be clear favourites in my view. No doubt Asante will be keen to score against his former club as well.

Southport v Boston

Boston should have hammered Guiesley on Tuesday night. I watched the game and it was about as one sided as an encounter as you will ever see. Poor finishing and superb goalkeeping meant the only goal was a free kick and then with their only shot on target of the game the away side scored in the 95th minute. Boston played some great stuff though and they looked possible title contenders to me. Southport have picked up 7 points from their 3 games so far, but this is easily their toughest test yet and I think Boston will prove too strong.

Oxford City v Hampton & Richmond

The home side have been very profitable for us in the last couple of weeks with their wins over Tonbridge and Weymouth in the FA Cup. Granted Hampton's only point in the league so far was a decent one against Dartford, but Oxford are starting the season very strongly and evens is just on the right side of value for me.

Torquay 2pts @ 13/5 with Betway

Sutton 2pts @ 14/5 with Betway

Gloucester 2pts @ 6/4 with Bet365

Boston 2pts @ 8/5 with Betfred

Oxford City 2pts @ Evs with Bet365

After many a month and year following Darran's tips, but not feeling brave enough to put up my own, I thought I'd tentatively dip my toes into the water for once, in the spirit of interactivity and sharing....

I had three, but Darran has already covered Oxford City. Perusing this week's other fixtures I noticed 2 others, not at chunky prices, but here goes... Without Darran's detailed insight, mine are based purely on form.

Firstly in the Non League South League. Billericay v Ebbsfleet. Billericay have lost all their first 3 games to middle and lower position teams, scoring only once in those 3 games. Ebbsfleet are a lot more free scoring - 8 goals but conceding 6 in their 4 games. 6/5 for the away side looks a decent price.

Secondly at marginal odds on in the Southern League South is Yate v Taunton. Yate have lost their last 5 games on the spin, Taunton, whilst not being spectacular are fairly consistent, losing only 1 of their last 6 - winning 3 and drawing 2 of their remaining others.  I fancy them to continue Yate's miserable run at a generally available 10/11 odds.

In the interests of just non-voyeurism, I thought I'd try to contribute my thoughts...

Edit:  Ebbsfleet's odds are surprisingly drifting and they can be widely  had around the 11/8 mark now.

Edited by Shep65

15 minutes ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Uff the shortest priced Oxford ruin the 4 fold of Gloucester, Boston and Ebbsfleet. Good tipping there guys, aside from Oxford, the results go as tipped.

Has the Hartlepool/Torquay game been pulled? Bet Fred didn't have it listed when I was in the shop this aft.

Just kicked off it is the live BT Sport game

Top work again Darran. ??.  A massive 8 pts+ profit. I hope my bumbling attempts at reciprocation helped somebody with the Ebbsfleet tip. Thanks again.

On a separate note to all other forum members, I do feel a bit guilty poncing off Darran's altruistic tips. Is there a way we could send him a bottle of his favourite tipple by way of appreciation?  I'm not very tecchy but I do think it would be a nice thing to do.

I respect his privacy and I know posting his personal details would not be wise. but I'd like to reciprocate in some small way......

Edited by Shep65

28 minutes ago, Shep65 said:

Top work again Darran. ??.  A massive 8 pts+ profit. I hope my bumbling attempts at reciprocation helped somebody with the Ebbsfleet tip. Thanks again.

On a separate note to all other forum members, I do feel a bit guilty poncing off Darran's altruistic tips. Is there a way we could send him a bottle of his favourite tipple by way of appreciation?  I'm not very tecchy but I do think it would be a nice thing to do.

I respect his privacy and I know posting his personal details would not be wise. but I'd like to reciprocate in some small way......

That’s very kind of you although I don’t drink. However if anyone does want to donate to this which is in honour of my son then that will be much appreciated https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/timothy-pearce

23 hours ago, Shep65 said:

If we take money off the bookies, I'm sure Darran doesn't mind. Ebbsfleet was a good shout, I'm just miffed with Oxford City. The Torquay price was a licence to print money.