** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat -sunday 25th oct

Old roan chase aintree

Oldgrangewood  366

Crievehill    361 

Itchy feet   360

Oldgrangewood is a fair few points ahead in this tricky race ....seems to run well first time up and may well improve on a good season last year ...shoukd run well ...

Crievehill is 7lbs above his last win but that was a good race and 7lb is only 3 lengths so is still capable of running a big race in a race like this ...chances 

Oldgrangewood 10pts ew 8/1 bet365 

Crievehill 5pts ew 20/1 bet365 

Aintree 13.22

In what looks to be a competitive renewal of the Veterans' Handicap Chase (Class 2) it is the 11 year old SAMETEGAL who appeals most here. He posted several consistent efforts in defeat last season and is selected to make a winning return to action for the in form Nicholls team. In a race where eight of the nine most recent winners have come from 10 year olds, course and distance winner Minellacelebration who won at Uttoxeter last time out in July is only 1 lb higher up from that victory so rates a big threat to the selection but the main danger could come from fellow 11 year old Vieux Lion Rouge who has a strong reappearance record and enhanced his record when making a winning return to action last October. He runs off the same mark today. The red hot five-timer One Style can complete the shortlist.

Aintree 13.57

To win a race in honour of a great steeplechaser like Monet’s Garden would be a terrific achievement for any horse and that is what these plus four year olds will try to do. The one to beat here could be Olly Murphy’s ITCHY FEET who was let down by his jumping when one of the market leaders for the Marsh at the Cheltenham Festival where he unseated his rider early on and so was unable to show what he is capable of. Prior to this he coped really well with the demands of Sandown's fences when winning the Grade 1 Scilly Isles Novices' Chase and his opening mark looks somewhat lenient for a Grade 1 winner. Midnight Shadow who was runner-up at Sandown and is now 5 lb better off with the selection is poised to make a big run however has 4l to find on his rival. Cases can also be for Oldgrangewood, who won two competitive handicaps last year over the distance and often gives a good account on his seasonal reappearance so can mount a serious challenge and Clondaw Castle who posted a career best performance when straightforward winner at Warwick over same ground and distance in February.

Aintree 15.42

In this intriguing Class 2 handicap hurdle a chance is taken on the Ascot maiden winner EN MEME TEMPS who catches the eye most. Having switched yards he raised his game with a pair of fine runner-up efforts early last season. Point Of Principle's excellent performance at the Grand National last year rates him a danger to all if finding that form. Whilst Strong Glance can complete the shortlist after returning with a terrific third place finish in an ultra competitive handicap at Market Rasen last month.

340 ain't 

Caius Marcius  344 

Mohayyed 342 

Point of principle   340 

Clever as a fox 337 

Clever as a fox is an improving type and could run well today but the top 3 here are all 14/1 so look very good value ...I'll try small wins and hope they spring a surprise 

Caius Marcius 5pt win 14/1 

Point of principle 5pt win 14/1 

Mohayyed 5pt win 14/1 

All generally available 

10 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

340 ain't 

Caius Marcius  344 

Mohayyed 342 

Point of principle   340 

Clever as a fox 337 

Clever as a fox is an improving type and could run well today but the top 3 here are all 14/1 so look very good value ...I'll try small wins and hope they spring a surprise 

Mohayyed 5pt win 14/1 

All generally available 

That's funny you have three of four of my selections for that race - I also have jackal.

3.00 Galway 

Only four horses line up for this high class grade 3 hurdle and it is BEACON EDGE (Nap) who appeals most having not come outside the top two in his last four starts, winning two. Noel Meade has been in superb form over in Ireland which aids claims. He must give weight to the other three in the field but should still prove to be very hard to beat nonetheless back on his most treasured soft surface and is therefore selected. The well backed mare Minella Melody is the chief threat with the brilliant and consistent Rachael Blackmore on board. She took to hurdles effortlessly in 2019 and looks set to continue. The hard to assess new acquisition Grand Roi of top trainer Gordon Elliott is on for a 3-timer up in trip and rounds off the shortlist.

Edited by ChasingDreams

18 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Old roan chase aintree

Oldgrangewood  366

Crievehill    361 

Itchy feet   360

Oldgrangewood is a fair few points ahead in this tricky race ....seems to run well first time up and may well improve on a good season last year ...shoukd run well ...

Crievehill is 7lbs above his last win but that was a good race and 7lb is only 3 lengths so is still capable of running a big race in a race like this ...chances 

Oldgrangewood 10pts ew 8/1 bet365 

Crievehill 5pts ew 20/1 bet365 

46 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

340 ain't 

Caius Marcius  344 

Mohayyed 342 

Point of principle   340 

Clever as a fox 337 

Mohayyed 5pt win 14/1 

All generally available 

When our rating matched on the flat the selections combined weren't a million miles out ;)
I dont bother with twig hopping that much but Ive done these 2 races as a comparison
image.png.e788f764209946a9b913d277fab5b70d.png  image.png.ab3cc80ac011efcf37d87b5a62a4459a.png
Seems we both have OLDGRANGEWOOD & CAIUS MARCIUS possible ew double ??????
I put Fizzy Feet as my nap of the day in the comp not because its my best bet of the day, but just I couldn't be bothered looking through the card :lol
Now Ive rated the above might as well do cross card 1pt ew doubles 5 places skybet seeing as Ive made the effort
cross card EW doubles 24pts staked skybet :ok

1 hour ago, Valiant Thor said:

When our rating matched on the flat the selections combined weren't a million miles out ;)
I dont bother with twig hopping that much but Ive done these 2 races as a comparison
image.png.e788f764209946a9b913d277fab5b70d.png  image.png.ab3cc80ac011efcf37d87b5a62a4459a.png
I put Fizzy Feet as my nap of the day in the comp not because its my best bet of the day, but just I couldn't be bothered looking through the card :lol
Now Ive rated the above might as well do cross card 1pt ew doubles 5 places skybet seeing as Ive made the effort

Well rated in the first race .....hope you backed nutsxwell ...was a big price... old grange was 4th but still ew so he ran well . .....other race is interesting too to see how they run ....only negative for caius is the ground  ..I thinknideally wants good and soft is an unknown ?

1 hour ago, Valiant Thor said:

image.png.9ee07367463f8fb99682deeb5c937216.png
Ive put in the odds I got from sky as the previous were best odds available at assorted books
Thats part 1 sorted (Imperial Presence party pooper :@ )
CAIUS MARCIUS a NR now so get a ew single on NUTS WELL :D and the other 2 placed horses.
:hope 1 of the last 2 come in as well ( greed is good :lol )

13 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Well rated in the first race .....hope you backed nutsxwell ...was a big price... old grange was 4th but still ew so he ran well . .....other race is interesting too to see how they run ....only negative for caius is the ground  ..I thinknideally wants good and soft is an unknown ?

Yep
image.png.f7284c23770cc9b390ed7ff1b1a44acd.png

3 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

340 ain't 

Caius Marcius  344 

Mohayyed 342 

Point of principle   340 

Clever as a fox 337 

Mohayyed 5pt win 14/1 

All generally available 

Caius non runner ...I'll replace with jolts cracked it at 12/1 who looks overpriced and was 5th on list ..now 4th 

2 hours ago, ChasingDreams said:

3.00 Galway 

Only four horses line up for this high class grade 3 hurdle and it is BEACON EDGE (Nap) who appeals most having not come outside the top two in his last four starts, winning two. Noel Meade has been in superb form over in Ireland which aids claims. He must give weight to the other three in the field but should still prove to be very hard to beat nonetheless back on his most treasured soft surface and is therefore selected. The well backed mare Minella Melody is the chief threat with the brilliant and consistent Rachael Blackmore on board. She took to hurdles effortlessly in 2019 and looks set to continue. The hard to assess new acquisition Grand Roi of top trainer Gordon Elliott is on for a 3-timer up in trip and rounds off the shortlist.

The NAP wins cosily eased down after the final fence and is very much a horse trending in the right direction for Noel Meade.

47 minutes ago, ChasingDreams said:

The NAP wins cosily eased down after the final fence and is very much a horse trending in the right direction for Noel Meade.

Thank you, nabbed at 13/8 for a small profit. Even for the day for me but will take it so early on in the season. Well calculated on Nuts Well and a great price at 18/1. Congrats ?

6 hours ago, ChasingDreams said:

Aintree 13.22

In what looks to be a competitive renewal of the Veterans' Handicap Chase (Class 2) it is the 11 year old SAMETEGAL who appeals most here. He posted several consistent efforts in defeat last season and is selected to make a winning return to action for the in form Nicholls team. In a race where eight of the nine most recent winners have come from 10 year olds, course and distance winner Minellacelebration who won at Uttoxeter last time out in July is only 1 lb higher up from that victory so rates a big threat to the selection but the main danger could come from fellow 11 year old Vieux Lion Rouge who has a strong reappearance record and enhanced his record when making a winning return to action last October. He runs off the same mark today. The red hot five-timer One Style can complete the shortlist.

Aintree 13.57

To win a race in honour of a great steeplechaser like Monet’s Garden would be a terrific achievement for any horse and that is what these plus four year olds will try to do. The one to beat here could be Olly Murphy’s ITCHY FEET who was let down by his jumping when one of the market leaders for the Marsh at the Cheltenham Festival where he unseated his rider early on and so was unable to show what he is capable of. Prior to this he coped really well with the demands of Sandown's fences when winning the Grade 1 Scilly Isles Novices' Chase and his opening mark looks somewhat lenient for a Grade 1 winner. Midnight Shadow who was runner-up at Sandown and is now 5 lb better off with the selection is poised to make a big run however has 4l to find on his rival. Cases can also be for Oldgrangewood, who won two competitive handicaps last year over the distance and often gives a good account on his seasonal reappearance so can mount a serious challenge and Clondaw Castle who posted a career best performance when straightforward winner at Warwick over same ground and distance in February.

Aintree 15.42

In this intriguing Class 2 handicap hurdle a chance is taken on the Ascot maiden winner EN MEME TEMPS who catches the eye most. Having switched yards he raised his game with a pair of fine runner-up efforts early last season. Point Of Principle's excellent performance at the Grand National last year rates him a danger to all if finding that form. Whilst Strong Glance can complete the shortlist after returning with a terrific third place finish in an ultra competitive handicap at Market Rasen last month.

Very good performance by Itchy Feet on reappearance and his jumping was much more assured after unseating his rider at the festival. Will no doubt win some races this season in my opinion and he’s one for the notebook. Sametegal was very disappointing and the trend of winning 10 year olds continues in that race with a mighty run from Minellacelebration. En Meme Temps seemed to lack fitness towards the latter of the race but first race in 10 months, so understandable. 

3 minutes ago, ChasingDreams said:

Very good performance by Itchy Feet on reappearance and his jumping was much more assured after unseating his rider at the festival. Will no doubt win some races this season in my opinion and he’s one for the notebook. Sametegal was very disappointing and the trend of winning 10 year olds continues in that race with a mighty run from Minellacelebration. En Meme Temps seemed to lack fitness towards the latter of the race but first race in 10 months, so understandable. 

Itchy Feet will come on for that run. Stayed on well and would have gone closer if his jumping was a bit sharper. Good run though in a very tough race. 

6 hours ago, ChasingDreams said:

I remember a system backing 10yos in these veteran races was very profitable. Looks like it may still be working although there aren't that many races.