** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing chat - friday 23rd oct

Midnight River in to 9/2 from 15/2 already in the 1st at Cheltenham. Travelled like a good horse last time and the form looks solid. There are several with chances (I liked Global Fame) but it's usually worth following a well backed Skelton horse. 

Backed into 2/1 and ran his race, just beat by a better one.

Edited by yossa6133

A good card to look forward to in the morning at Moonee Valley headed by the G1 Manikato Stakes at 10.45am. Trekking has to be the main pick as he will be hard to beat if he backs up his run in the Everest 6 days ago. Ran well in the Moir when 3rd over 1000m here the time before
Going to cover Brooklyn Hustle e/w as well. She was 4th in the Moir having been last early on and flew home. Stepping up to the 1200m will be ideal for her. Elsewhere on the card I will be backing R2 (7.45am) Affair To Remember, R4 (8.45am) Iconocalsm & R5 (9.15am) Human Nature.

Trekking @ 14/5 with Bet365
Brooklyn Hustle e/w @ 10/1 with William Hill
Affair To Remember @ 3/1 with Betfair
Iconoclasm @ 15/8 with William Hill
Human Nature @ 2/1 with Bet365

All price Bet365:

12.40 Newbury - 1pt e/w Chipstead @ 10/1 

Positive that there's been some money for this one already as Roger Teal wouldn't have many debutant winners but this one is nicely bred out of a 90-rated sprinter who won on debut and by Mayson who gets decent early horses and they tend to relish soft ground. With conditions likely to suit on debut and market support this morning, a good run could be on the cards.

1.00 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Victim @ 11/1

Titian's mark still looks a bit high to me and the second favourite has to prove that give in the ground suits so I quite like Richard Fahey's runner at an each-way price. Showed promise on debut before doing well to get up over 7f last time out. Beat a couple of solid yardsticks that day who had the run of the race and definitely appears some scope off this mark going handicapping. The step up to a mile will suit and soft ground isn't a problem so looks to hold sound claims. 

1.30 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Rani of Jhansi @ 12/1

Was weakish in the market for its intended debut before being withdrawn but I still think there's some scope here for a big run. From a good middle distant family being out of Madame Chiang (who bolted up on debut) and a full sibling to Oriental Mystique. Will get further in time but this is a good starting point, any cut in the ground will suit and Simcock can get debut winners so will stick with this one today. 

1.50 Cheltenham - 2pts win Does He Know @ 7/1

I think Kim Bailey's runner is overpriced here as his second to House Island two starts back reads well with that one going on to be rated 140 and that length defeat came in a manner that suggested this one wants a stiffer track. Won easily from two solid types back at Ludlow last time and I think has an excellent chance today with a style that should suit this track and with as good a form as any other in the race.

2.50 Newbury - 1pt e/w Arctic Victory @ 11/1

I think we can ignore this one's latest run at Chelmsford when running miles below par and it was likely just a blip. Was an impressive winner on debut at Windsor and nearly backed that up there next time out over further, racing keenly and only being grabbed late on by Urban Artist - a horse who has since gone on to be rated well into the 90s. The hood goes on today to try settle her down and preserve her energy and if going on the ground (was fine on good to soft) looks overpriced given the promise of her first two runs.

3.00 Cheltenham - 1pt e/w Up The Straight @ 11/1

Can be expected to come on for its handicap debut last time when returning on soft ground and ran okay given he probably needed it. Looks more than fairly handicapped on the evidence of a staying on third to Shishkin before winning well from a horse who went on to be rated higher than what Up The Straight runs off today. Conditions suit and can go close with the benefit of a recent run. 

3.15 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Hochfeld @ 22/1

Has edged back down to a winnable mark and has a further 7lbs off his back today. Been a bit hit and miss since winning at Goodwood but has been running in good races and the combination of 2 miles and soft ground was his undoing last time out. This is a bit easier than some races he's been contesting and it wouldn't surprise me to see a big run from close to the pace this afternoon.

Newb 1.10 - Wallem - 10/3 Skybet

Andrew Balding's runner is having his second run having been beaten a neck on debut on heavy ground at Leicester

Balding's horses usually come on a lot for their first runs and his experience of heavy ground could be invaluable .... at least we know he handles it which a few of the other's might not. 

Donny 1.30 - Beloved - 8/1 bet365 (EW)

Another 2yo maiden

Trainer Ed Walker is another one like Balding who's runners usually come on for their debut but he had two first time out winners earlier in the week. Beloved is an expensive colt by Frankel and if Walker has his late season two years ready to bounce out first time he could be in the shake up at just about an EW price ...... drifting a bit at the moment so could get bigger

2,40 Don- Very surprised that BROKEN SPEAR 20/1 (not bog 4places 1/5) is such a big price  ran at catterick on sat went off fav  finshed 4th  upped to 6f today  worth an e/w play imo.

300 Chel- Tough handicap i have played 2 e/w  (6places skybet not bog) DEBESTYMAN 16/1 ran a shocker lto is much better than that &  Alan  Kings horse always worth a 2nd look in these king of handicaps and he put GOOD MAN PAT 18/1 back over the smaller sticks  should outrun  his price.

Good Luck Folks.

4 hours ago, Striker said:

Morning

David Menuisier is a trainer I have a lot of time for, and runs an interesting first time 2 year old today at Newbury [1.10]

Kelmscott

Each Way @ 10-1 Bet 365

Though unplaced not a bad debut as traveled like a decent horse till 2f out,getting tired quickly suggesting the ground was too deep.

Put the horse in your tracker 

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Striker said:

Runs today [3.10 Lingfield]

Has a each way chance, currently 8-1 with Bet 365

Those of you who had the horse in your tracker might have got the 14-1 last night...

Ran a super race to get the place return in 3rd

But if he hadn’t missed the break he would have won, however now next time the horse will be nowhere near double figure odds