Racing Chat - Sunday Sep 27th

2.25 Chester - 1pt e/w Torbellino @ 11/1 Bet365

Went well a for long way having forced the pace at Goodwood last time - drawn in 1 so with a good start has the perfect pitch to lead here and ought to be tough to peg back at an attractive price.

3.35 Chester - 1pt win Battered @ 6/1 Bet365

Ran flat last time but possibly came too soon and returns here to where he ran okay two starts back but has a better draw today and remains well handicapped.

4.10 Chester - 1pt e/w Aasheq @ 15/2 Bet365

Was poor last time but had been running respectably including on seasonal return here. Was too far back that day and at York subsequently but is better drawn today to go forward and has run very well here off a higher mark last season. Needs to bounce back but is down the weights and hopefully can get a handy sit as this one goes best from near the front.

3 from The Curragh

200 - Sense Of Style 16/1 ew bet365

Placed twice before breaking maiden tag over 7f at Naas 10 days ago , yard won race last year.

235 - Breakfast Club 7/4 

Still unexposed with 2 wins & 1 placed from 4 career starts , Broughtinthedark stable mate could be a threat.

450- Kastasa 5/2

Won race last year , carrying a fair bit more weight , a win & 3rd lto this season , wearing 1st time visor .

2singles & double betfair.

One £1 win Trixie today.  Becoming disenchanted with horses running well previously and then bombing out in its race and I find it difficult to find those that have been running badly previously and can then bounce back.  I may have to resort to Jockey bookings in the future.  This is tricky because there are quite a few excellent jockeys with good rides competing in the same race.  They can also have lots of rides in any one day which adds to the problem.

2.50 Muss Treble Treble £2 win at 7/2
4.45 Ches Edinburgh Castle £2 win at 7/2
5.40 Muss Good View £2 win at 4.6 (matched)

One £1 win Trixie = £4 = poss return of £121.69

Other bets

5.00 Nott Ginger Max 70p win at 14/1
5.00 Nott Bezzas Lad 45p win at 25/1

4.00 Muss Gometra Ginly 45p win at 25/1

3.25 Muss Angel eyes 30p win at 100/1

= £4 multiples

= £7.90 singles

= Total = £11.90

Poss back later

======================================================================================================

Only one winner today but that almost paid for my total stakes

Hence a loss on the Multiples of £4 and the balance c/fwd is now £669.69 (£800 Bank)

The win bet paid £11.70 (thanks to Tom Marquand) which meant a profit of £3.80.  The balance c/fwd is now £225.47 (£400 Bank).

I am going to give it a go tomorrow for all my decided selections to finally be based upon which jockey is riding the selected beast.  This will include Top Current jockeys and top apprentices that can still claim an allowance.

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

18 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

230 curr 

A step too far   396 

Goodnight girl 393 

These two are a little clear if the next horse so I'll play 

A step too far 10pt  win 6/1 b365

Goodnight girl 10pt win 17/2 pp

Well done Richard. Was intrigued to see how the horse got on with so many consecutive wins. Was always doing enough.