Worlds (inc Qualifiers)

Fader

I'm putting a point on Selby @ 3.75 on the exchanges. I can't see him playing as badly as he did in that first session again in this match. As long as he can keep within two or three frames he'll feel like he's got a chance of wearing O'Sullivan down and reeling him in.

11 hours ago, Torque said:

5-3 down and Selby must be feeling like he's just won that session. To play so badly and be only two behind is classic Selby. I'd say my correct score punt still has a chance, but I can't see the centuries bet coming in. Just feels like every frame Selby wins going forward is going to be scrappy.

Watching Selby in and amongst the balls was painful lastnight and with Ronnie, you never thought he would miss. 5-3 is a good score for Selby after that despite all the bad contacts etc. Especially considering it was 4-1

On 8/9/2020 at 5:44 PM, Foo_Fighter said:

Have you noticed that Ronnie tends to play better in the daytime and a bit worse at night? Don't know why but I think it's true. Having said that, Ronnie remains the best player in the world and Ding should certainly raise his game a lot if he wants to prevail tonight. 

I've never noticed him playing worse in the day/night but you could be on to something here based on the afternoon start of session.

*crosses fingers to not jinx anything for Selby*

2 hours ago, Fader said:

A typical Ronnie session that. He couldn't be bothered atall. Man I wish the 7pm session was these guys again :D 

It never looks to me like he can be bothered if even the smallest amount of effort is required - although he did battle back well against Williams - and so it's no surprise that he struggles against Selby who fights for every point. I think that explains the inconsistencies in his career - winning all the big titles multiple times but not as many times as he should have, beating all the best players at the same time as losing way more times than he should have to players that he would describe as amateur. Frame 14 just about sums him up for me. He just gave it up - like he was saying I don't want to play anymore even if there's a chance of winning the frame.

When he's in full flow on the table he's a joy to watch, but otherwise I won't miss him when he finally packs in as all the other stuff that comes along with him is just tiresome now - although as he was saying the other day, with the standard the way it is at the moment he could do a Fred Davis and still be playing when he's drawing his pension, except he's been saying for about twenty years that he's bored of the game and retirement is just around the corner - as I was saying, tiresome.

2-2 at the first session. God knows how. Let's hope the silly mistakes disappear for Selby. Gave both frames away.

*edited - echo the 2nd session, again 2-2. Selby bossed the whole session and comes out of it 4-4. 13-11 going into the evening final session. I hope them last two frames are not match defining. Selby needs the first frame tonight. Most important frame of the match.*

1 hour ago, Fader said:

2-2 at the first session. God knows how. Let's hope the silly mistakes disappear for Selby. Gave both frames away.

*edited - echo the 2nd session, again 2-2. Selby bossed the whole session and comes out of it 4-4. 13-11 going into the evening final session. I hope them last two frames are not match defining. Selby needs the first frame tonight. Most important frame of the match.*

I hope Ronnie turns it on and dumps Selby out. Granted, I have backed Selby to win the outright, but I'd sooner Ronnie wins and I lose my bet.

2 hours ago, mcsilks said:

I hope Ronnie turns it on and dumps Selby out. Granted, I have backed Selby to win the outright, but I'd sooner Ronnie wins and I lose my bet.

that comment, my friend, will qualify for my very first "sad" emoji i've ever used on this site and I've been a member for nearly 15 years ?

An air of predictability about the result. Selby had his chances for sure multiple chances. He should have won the morning session by a much bigger difference. 
when he got his chances Ronnie took them every time and that’s probably the difference  and why he’s a different gravy but shame for anybody backing Selby as on the whole I think he was the better player