Premier League Predictions > Jul 18th - 22nd

Norwich vs Burnley

The penultimate games of the Premier League season begin on Saturday evening when already relegated Norwich host Europa League chasing Burnley in a 5:30pm BST kick-off at Carrow Road. The fate of the home team might already have been sealed but they'll still be keen to end the campaign on a positive with the away side desperate to gate crash the European qualification fight.

Norwich have been looking like a doomed team for a while now so the relegation that was confirmed the other week hasn't exactly shocked anyone. Daniel Farke's side are rock bottom of the English top flight and 13 points adrift of safety. The Canaries have sort of fizzled out as the season has come to its conclusion. I'm not sure if it's a damaged confidence level or just lack of motivation but it's now 8 league games lost in a row and only 1 goal scored during that time. That's a very worrying statistic especially when you consider how easily they strolled to the Championship title last season scoring 93 goals and even beat Manchester City at home by a 3-2 score-line earlier this season. Where has it all gone wrong?

Burnley continue to punch above their weight under the legend that is Sean Dyche. The Clarets are in 10th place and 5 points off the Europa League qualification spots with just 2 league games to go. However, with the FA Cup likely to see another European qualification spot freed up in the league there's every chance that if they win both of their remaining two league matches then they could find themselves in with a shout of European football next season. Just 1 loss in their last 14 league matches has killed off any brief concerns of relegation and it's now 6 league games unbeaten for the club.

I'm not expecting a thriller here. Neither of these teams are exactly prolific in front of goal. Norwich have failed to score in 7 of their last 8 league matches and less than 2.5 goals have been scored in 8 of the last 9 league matches for Burnley. I think backing the away win is the only option here and I wouldn't surprised if they managed to keep a clean sheet during the process.

Burnley to Win @ 2.30 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.72 with Sportingbet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Southampton have been undefeated in their last 4 away matches in Premier League.
Bournemouth conceded at least 1 goal in 83% of their home matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have seen over 2.5 goals in 82% of their last 11 home matches against Leicester in all competitions.
Southampton have scored in each of their last 5 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 54 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 19.07.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-07-2020-19960

Edited by Magic0024

Tottenham vs Leicester

The absolute melee that's going on in the race for the Champions League and Europa League qualification in the Premier League will take another dramatic turn today when two contenders in Tottenham and Leicester go head-to-head in a 4pm BST kick-off at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Failure to win this game for either side could deal a huge blow to their respective European aspirations.

Tottenham appear to have had a wake-up call after that shambolic 3-1 loss away to Sheffield United back on 2nd July. Jose Mourinho's men are now unbeaten in 4 league matches and that includes a pleasing 2-1 win over arch rivals Arsenal. It hasn't been attractive and it's not won any admirers but Mourinho's approach is once again looking effective. The club has moved up to 7th in the table and even though the Champions League is out of reach there's still the lure of European competition through the Europa League.

Leicester had looked to be suffering from a bit of a suspension hangover having returned to action with just 1 win from their first 6 league games. The 4-1 loss away to Bournemouth was a complete disaster after it had looked like a walk in the park before moments of total madness by Caglar Soyuncu and Jonny Evans. The 2-0 win at home to Sheffield United saw a big change in approach by the Foxes. It has left Brendan Rodgers' side in 4th place ahead of 5th placed Manchester United on goal difference with just 2 league games remaining.

Even though the statistics point to his being a game full of goals, I'm struggling to see it that way. Both teams have scored in 6 of the last 7 meetings between these two sides and both teams have also scored in all four of Leicester's last away matches in the league. I can see this being a classic Mourinho grind though. He's starting to get the Tottenham players fitting into his system and when it clicks with Mourinho the results start to come even if the performances don't match.

Tottenham to Win @ 2.38 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.83 with Sportingbet

Crystal Palace have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 away matches in Premier League.
Sheff Utd have won their last 4 home matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Newcastle’s last 5 games in Premier League.
Brighton have conceded at least 3 goals in their last 3 home matches in Premier League.
Wolves have kept a clean sheet in 83% of their last 6 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 29 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 20.07.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-07-2020-19964

Wolves vs Crystal Palace

The Premier League ticks over with another round of games spread over the next week and we're taking a look at the 8:15pm BST kick-off tonight between Champions League chasing Wolves and mid-table Crystal Palace at Molineux. Qualifying for the Champions League may be a distant hope but the home side will keep battling to try and achieve that goal against a travelling team that might well have their minds on the beach already.

Wolves had started their restart campaign with a bang winning three league games on the bounce but it's now just 1 win from their last 4 league games. Nuno Espirito Santo's side can still qualify for the Champions League but they'll need to win both of their remaining league matches and hope Manchester United and Leicester lose their remaining games... oh, and there is the small issue of the gaping goal difference. OK, so it's realistically not going to happen but the Europa League is still on for Wanderers. The club is in 7th place and the bottom line is that if they win here and against Chelsea in their final game then they reach European competition for a second consecutive season. Interestingly, when Wolves win they do it in emphatic fashion having scored at least 2 goals in 12 of their 14 league wins this season. It's also fascinating that only Liverpool have lost less games than Wolves in the league this season.

Crystal Palace were looking like potential Europa League challengers just after the restart as they returned with a victory to make it 4 wins on the bounce. Unfortunately, it's all been downhill since then with the Eagles losing 6 league games on the trot and failing to even score in 5 of those matches. Roy Hodgson's side are now down in 14th place but 11 points clear of relegation so you can see the players not quite having the same motivation as other sides. Away form is also a concern with Palace losing 9-0 on aggregate over their last 3 away league matches.

I know neither of these two sides are exactly in the form of their season but I think Wolves have more to play for. The Champions League may be realistically out of the question but they'll still be giving it a shot and there's still the Europa League to qualify for. Palace are already on holiday mode and I think there's decent value in a Wolves clean sheet win in this one.

Wolves to Win to Nil @ 2.10 with SpreadEx

Draw HT/ Wolves FT @ 4.20 with BetVictor

Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 12 matches against Watford in all competitions.
Arsenal are undefeated in their last 17 away matches against Aston Villa in all competitions.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Watford’s last 5 games in Premier League.
Man City have won their last 12 matches against Watford in all competitions.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 83% of Aston Villa’s last 6 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 41 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 21.07.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-07-2020-19984

Aston Villa vs Arsenal

The relegation dogfight in the Premier League takes its latest plot twist tonight when favourites to go down Aston Villa host a resurgent Arsenal in an 8:15pm BST kick-off at Villa Park. A loss would leave the home team hanging on to their top flight status by the skin of their teeth and even if they win they still require other results to go there way before the season comes to a close.

Aston Villa sit in 18th place and are 3 points off the survival pace. Dean Smith's side picked up a vital 2-0 home win against Crystal Palace followed by a 1-1 draw away to Everton last week. Those 4 points have kept their hopes of staying up alive and gives them a bit of confidence going into these final 2 league matches. Unfortunately, the past two matches can't hide the fact that Villa have only won 1 of their last 12 league matches. A draw could be enough to keep them up but make no mistake that if Villa fail to win here and then Watford get something against Manchester City later this week then Villa are relegated.

Arsenal know all about getting something against Manchester City after delivering a shock 2-0 win to eliminate Pep Guardiola's side from the FA Cup over the weekend. Mikel Arteta is generally winning over the fans and the positive change he is having can be seen with consistency still an issue. Their last 4 matches in all competitions sum up this inconsistency with a 1-1 draw at home to Leicester and then a 2-1 loss away to rivals Tottenham followed up by a 2-1 win at home to Liverpool and a 2-0 victory against Manchester City. The Gunners are in 10th place and a win here would give them a slim chance of qualifying for the Europa League. The positive news is that Arsenal have won 6 of their last 8 competitive matches and kept 5 clean sheets during that run.

This is one of those games at the end of a season that you usually want to avoid betting on but we're all a little mad around here so let's do it anyway! Aston Villa are essentially fighting for their lives. Anything less than a win piles the pressure on their final league game away to West Ham. Arsenal know European football next season is a long shot but you have to back this current Gunners side based on their recent form. I can see them keeping a clean sheet here as well as they push Villa closer to relegation.

Arsenal to Win @ 2.01 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.20 with Betfair

I´ve got today a Eye on Watford - Man City Game.

Man City after a Lose, everytime a dangours Opponent. So today against Watford whith New Coach they play against a Poor Defensive. 2 Games this Season and with terrible Loses for Watford. And i also expected today a comfortable Win for Man City. Think Guardiola will be not happy with last Games and they must take concentration High because of the upcoming CL-Fixtures.

So Watford with New Coach after sacking Pearson. Maybe they can score once, but think against a normal Man City Form they have this Season no Chance.

So for me.

Over 3 Goals @ 1.725 3/10 bet365

Man City AHC -1.5 @ 1.96 3/10 bet365

Man Utd are undefeated in their last 12 matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea’s last 6 away games in Premier League.
Liverpool are undefeated in their last 56 home matches in Premier League.
Man Utd are undefeated in their last 14 home matches against West Ham in all competitions.

You can find interesting 43 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 22.07.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-22-07-2020-19987

9 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Aston Villa vs Arsenal

The relegation dogfight in the Premier League takes its latest plot twist tonight when favourites to go down Aston Villa host a resurgent Arsenal in an 8:15pm BST kick-off at Villa Park. A loss would leave the home team hanging on to their top flight status by the skin of their teeth and even if they win they still require other results to go there way before the season comes to a close.

Aston Villa sit in 18th place and are 3 points off the survival pace. Dean Smith's side picked up a vital 2-0 home win against Crystal Palace followed by a 1-1 draw away to Everton last week. Those 4 points have kept their hopes of staying up alive and gives them a bit of confidence going into these final 2 league matches. Unfortunately, the past two matches can't hide the fact that Villa have only won 1 of their last 12 league matches. A draw could be enough to keep them up but make no mistake that if Villa fail to win here and then Watford get something against Manchester City later this week then Villa are relegated.

Arsenal know all about getting something against Manchester City after delivering a shock 2-0 win to eliminate Pep Guardiola's side from the FA Cup over the weekend. Mikel Arteta is generally winning over the fans and the positive change he is having can be seen with consistency still an issue. Their last 4 matches in all competitions sum up this inconsistency with a 1-1 draw at home to Leicester and then a 2-1 loss away to rivals Tottenham followed up by a 2-1 win at home to Liverpool and a 2-0 victory against Manchester City. The Gunners are in 10th place and a win here would give them a slim chance of qualifying for the Europa League. The positive news is that Arsenal have won 6 of their last 8 competitive matches and kept 5 clean sheets during that run.

This is one of those games at the end of a season that you usually want to avoid betting on but we're all a little mad around here so let's do it anyway! Aston Villa are essentially fighting for their lives. Anything less than a win piles the pressure on their final league game away to West Ham. Arsenal know European football next season is a long shot but you have to back this current Gunners side based on their recent form. I can see them keeping a clean sheet here as well as they push Villa closer to relegation.

Arsenal to Win @ 2.01 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.20 with Betfair

I just do not rate Arsenal, especially away from home. I have a feeling they may have a massive letdown after the Man City game. That semi was their season, and they might be totally flat here. I have a weird feeling that Villa pull a surprise here, and win against the odds. They simply cannot fold up and go meekly. A little bit of fight and desperation may be what they need. 

Going for the big odds, small stakes with a Villa win and over 2.5 goals  (Odds of 5.5)

2 hours ago, neilovan said:

I just do not rate Arsenal, especially away from home. I have a feeling they may have a massive letdown after the Man City game. That semi was their season, and they might be totally flat here. I have a weird feeling that Villa pull a surprise here, and win against the odds. They simply cannot fold up and go meekly. A little bit of fight and desperation may be what they need. 

Going for the big odds, small stakes with a Villa win and over 2.5 goals  (Odds of 5.5)

Being proven right so far, Neil!

Liverpool FC vs Chelsea FC

Liverpool FC

Doubtful: James Milner (20/2 m)

Out (injuries/other): Joel Matip (9/1 d), Jordan Henderson (30/4 m, captain)

Suspended: -

Chelsea FC

Doubtful: Christian Pulisic (23/8 m)

Out (injuries/other): N'Golo Kante (22/3 m), Billy Gilmour (6/0 m), Marco van Ginkel (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Interesting facts based only on statistics
Liverpool FC scored at least one goal in 100% of home games.
Chelsea FC scored at least one goal in 83% of away games.
Liverpool FC scored at least two goals in 89% of home games.
Chelsea FC scored at least two goals in 67% of away games.
64% chance that Liverpool FC will win this game.
70% chance that both Liverpool FC and Chelsea FC will score in this game.
64% chance that both team will score and goal count will be over 2.5 goals.
94% chance that there will be more than 1 goal in this game.
75% chance that there will be more than 2 goals in this game.
50% chance that there will be more than 3 goals in this game.
89% chance that there will be at least 1 goal in the first-half.

13 hours ago, Neubs said:

I´ve got today a Eye on Watford - Man City Game.

Man City after a Lose, everytime a dangours Opponent. So today against Watford whith New Coach they play against a Poor Defensive. 2 Games this Season and with terrible Loses for Watford. And i also expected today a comfortable Win for Man City. Think Guardiola will be not happy with last Games and they must take concentration High because of the upcoming CL-Fixtures.

So Watford with New Coach after sacking Pearson. Maybe they can score once, but think against a normal Man City Form they have this Season no Chance.

So for me.

Over 3 Goals @ 1.725 3/10 >bet365

Man City AHC -1.5 @ 1.96 3/10 >bet365

Nice One... 0-4

9 hours ago, Ameer13 said:

and you want me to believe Arsenal win over City was clean game :) 

I think the big problem for Pep here was that Arteta knew exactly how he would set up and what City would try and do. Also, it was Arsenal's biggest game of the season., where they had nothing to play for against Villa.

Man United v West Ham

I think that Solskjaer will go back to the formation and team that has been doing so well recently. A front 3 of Martial, Rashford and Greenwood looks brilliant. The pace of these guys is unreal, and Greenwood is a gem. Let them play in front of Fernandes and Pogba with Matic or McTominay holding. Looks pretty damn good. Williams or Shaw makes no difference to me,  Wan Bissaka is really solid ...

So can Lindelof and Maguire keep a clean sheet ?

I don't think so and that scares me away from the HT/FT Man United home win bet. This bet has slightly better odds than the home win & over 2.5 goals bet, but I think the home win and over 2.5 goals is a better bet. If Man United get an early goals (say before the water break), they could romp here.

Over 2.5 goals and home win.

Liverpool v Chelsea

What a difficult game to call. Liverpool going through the motions of winding the season up. Chelsea coming off a huge win against Man United. Then add a weird strange atmosphere, for what should be a pulsating games (in front of a crowd), and it could all be dull affair.

On the road, Chelsea give up goals, and since the restart have given up 9 goals in 4 games. They cannot keep a clean sheet, and my feeling is that Liverpool could shred them here. An early home goal and Chelsea could fall apart, considering how bad they are at chasing a game.

I think there are goals aplenty here, considering the effort Chelsea put in, pressing Man United a few days ago.

The Liverpool win and over 2.5 goals looks nice at a solid price of 2.8 

Edited by neilovan

Liverpool vs Chelsea

The big game during these midweek fixtures is the 8:15pm BST kick-off on Wednesday night between Liverpool and Chelsea at Anfield. A trophy presentation will take place for the newly crowned title winners so you have to question how much the home side will be focused on this game with the visiting side looking to secure Champions League football next season with a win.

Liverpool are loving life as the Premier League champions but you only need to take a look at their season's results to see a huge contrast. Jurgen Klopp's side won 26 and drew 1 of their first 27 league games of the season. However, it's now been just 4 wins, 2 draws, and 3 losses since that 27th league match. The Reds have done enough to win their first league title in 30 years but since the end of February their form has been no better than a mid-table side. Is it a case of Klopp's tactics being worked out? Have the players lost motivation? Has the momentum gone? Are the players simply exhausted from the high pressing style of play? One thing that remains stable is the club's home form with Liverpool having won 17 of their 18 home league matches so far and haven't tasted defeat at home in the league since April 2017.

Chelsea come to Anfield looking to play the role of party poopers. Frank Lampard's side are currently in 3rd place and know a win would seal their place in the top four. Consistency has prevented the Blues from launching any type of title bid this season but Roman Abramovich will undoubtedly be delighted that his club can qualify for the Champions League. 2 losses from their last 3 away league games is disappointing. That's particularly because of the performances that came in both of those games with the capitulation against West Ham and the no-show against Sheffield United.

I was thinking that this would be a game where Chelsea could cause an upset a few weeks ago but some of their recent displays have looked tired and nervous. Liverpool have had their moments of slipping up since the restart but I still feel they could have enough to get the win in this one. Both teams have scored in 11 of the last 15 meetings between these two clubs. I'm unsure whether to back the draw or home win because it'll be a closely contested game. I think I have to back Liverpool at over Evens though.

Liverpool to Win @ 2.10 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.60 with VBet