** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Modus Icon Of Darts

Fader

8 minutes ago, Torque said:

Still hit the high checkout though - a 124 - so there could be some mileage in that bet in future matches :ok

She can only get better in the next match. I fancy her against Wolfie because he has a shoulder issue so longer the night goes, worse he gets. 

Well Sherrock really didn't turn up on Saturday but she did beat Adams. Albeit the scoring really wasn't there. Luckily, Nijman did enough to limit the loss to just a point. Just cannot get going in this tournament structure. Let's take a look at tomorrow. There is a new set-up starting tomorrow and we're starting at 10.30am instead of the normal 11am start. It seems there are now different pools, making it all very awkward and unnecessarily complicated.

So we have Group A and Group B. One plays Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the other Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Group A :
D. Evans
P. Nicholson
R. Edhouse
M. Adams
F. Sherrock

J. Cole
J. Justicia

I just have to stick with Cole here. Don't get me wrong, he is driving me mad, but he keeps making me think a win is around the corner because he gets in the lead so many times and then bottles it. At odds of 10/1 I can't not take him here. 

I'm going to take Sherrock to beat Adams here. They have played 3 times now and Sherrock has won them all. Not to mention as I said a few days ago, Adams tires as the day goes on and with this extended match day and this match being the last few, I think it's worth backing Sherrock, who should really be favourite.

1pt J. Cole to win Day 1 10/1 paddypower
2.5pts R. Edhouse to beat J. Justicia, most 180s and highest checkout 23/10 paddypower
2.5pts F. Sherrock to beat M. Adams 6/5 bet365

Modus bets -32pts

Cole wins it on the deciding leg to top the group by one leg. A much needed 10/1 hit. It's about time that Cole repaid some faith. Elsewhere Sherrock was unlucky losing on a deciding leg but Edhouse got the match treble for a healthy days profit

Group B :
W. Nijman
A. Monk
J. Askew

A. Jenkins
S. Mitchell
M. Webster
M. Warburton

One thing that was evident with the new setup was that starting in the morning was an advantage. We saw with Paul Nicholson coming in cold abit later that he really didn't get going and the top 3 were early starters. I think the value is with Askew tomorrow. Monk is playing well, Nijman is slacking alittle bit but I do expect him to get back into form. Nevertheless, Askew can score with the best of them and I believe his doubling is better than Monks.

2pts J. Askew to win Group B 5/1 paddypower
2pts A. Monk to beat M. Webster, score most 180s and highest checkout 9/4 paddypower

Modus bets -18.5pts

Quite a frustrating one today. Askew won 5 out of 6 and was 3-1 up against Monk in a ''first to 4'' and he let him back in and ended up losing the top spot on leg difference along with Jenkins. The good news is Monk did beat Webster and get the match combo. He played really well today, Monk. As did Askew and Jenkins. Chipping away at this deficit though with another 2.5pts profit.

Tomorrow we go back to Group A. Evans is quite a short favourite with Edhouse in second and Nicholson third. I've rarely seen Edhouse perform two days in a row and Nicholson wasn't very good in the first match-up albeit I think he will improve tomorrow. We've seen though that the players doing well are the ones that have more games early on and get abit of momentum. Cole won us Day 1 at 10/1 and they've priced him up to win again at 11/2. I think that's enough value to stick with him. He faces Sherrock and Adams in the 2nd and 3rd match for the day and he would have played half of his matches in the first 6 games.

Jarred Cole, as I've said before tends to start matches very well. He starts ''Days'' well too. Infact he's won 5 of the last 6 first matches he has played. His average average in those 6 matches was over 93. Fallon Sherrock has lost 5 of the last 6 first matches she has played and has an average average of 85-86. On Monday, Fallon lost her first match 4-0 and Cole beat Evans 4-2.  Cole and Sherrock face eachother in the 2nd game tomorrow and it's enough for me to side with Cole. I'm quite wary of the checkout, because we know Fallon can take huge checkouts out and so the 4/1 that Cole wins with most 180s is appealing. He should score better and he won this bet on Monday.

2pts J.Cole to win Group A 11/2 paddypower
2pts J. Cole to beat F. Sherrock and have the most 180s 4/1 paddypower

Modus bets -16pts

*Fallon Sherrock has pulled out today and Kay has stepped in*

Well it was a shame that Sherrock didn't play today because I'm pretty sure that Cole would have won that bet. Once again he started on fire. He had a good day really. I think he got 8pts in the end and only lost to eventual winner Evans and a poor loss to Adams. 

Tomorrow we're back to Group B and Askew is once again offered up at close to 5/1 and I'm going to try again. He did little wrong on Tuesday winning every match but one. The only match he lost was the guy that pipped him on leg difference, Monk. He was leading that match 3-1 against Monk in a 'first to 4' and so i'm surprised that he's priced up at similar or close to 5/1 once again. He faces Nijman and Monk in the last couple of matches and so he could potentially be sitting on 4 wins from 4 before those 2. He beat Nijman yesterday and we don't see what Nijman turns up tomorrow.

2pts J. Askew to win Group B 9/2 bet365
2pts A. Monk to beat M. Warburton, most 180s and highest checkout 2/1 paddypower

Without sounding like a broken record tomorrow, I will go for Cole once again. The main reason for this is because he faces his hardest match first up, against Evans. I've said before that Cole starts these very well and if Evans drops below 90 average tomorrow first up, then Cole should get the win. He beat Evans when they played first up on Tuesday, infact. Cole didn't do too much wrong in only losing to Evans and Adams. Cole has kept a mid 90s average through this week.

2pts J. Cole to win Group A 9/2 bet365

Group B 2nd phase tomorrow. It was abit of a weird one on Thursday as Warburton won the day. I expect the big 3 to perform tomorrow. Any of the 3 could win, but I would assume Nijman or Monk come through. I do see some outside value on Jenkins though. He's beaten Monk twice this week already.

2pts A. Jenkins to win Group B 9/2 paddypower

A new group gets started this morning. :

J. Smith
J. Cole
M. Adams
B. Koltsov
K. Kay
D. Portela
J. Hubbard

I like Wolfie here. I watched him abit yesterday, against Phil Taylor and they produced one hell o a match. In one leg Phil missed the 9 darter and Wolfie went out in 10 or 11. I think he should be able to win this group if he plays anywhere near that kind of standard. Cole will probably play well today also. I think I will also put a point on Hubbard. Call me mad, but I have a hunch he may have a good day.

2pts M. Adams to win Day 1 7/2 betvictor
2.5pts B. Koltsov to beat D.Portela and Most 180s 11/10 paddypower
0.5pts J. Hubbard to win Day 1 16/1 paddypower
0.5[ts M. Adams to win all matches 20/1 paddypower

How very frustrating that was. Adams 3-1 up and darts to win 4-1 and busts his score and ends up losing. Group B, Day 1

D. Evans
W. Nijman
A. Monk
P. Nicholson
S. Mitchell
D. Fitton
A. Huckvale

A difficult group and one that I can't see anybody winning other than the top 3. Infact, I would say it would be between Monk and Evans and it's Evans who I will be taking. He starts against Nijman and Monk. Nijman didn't play so well last week and we don't know if that is going to change today. If he gets off to a good start he could skittle through all of these players. His averages have been impressive

2pts D Evans to win Group B, Day 1 9/4 paddypower
1pt D. Evans to win all his matches 12/1 paddypower
4pts A. Monk (-1.5 legs) to beat S.Mitchell even paddypower

Modus bets -15pts 

A good day today. Evans wins all 6 of his matches, dropping just a couple of legs in the process. Monk was pretty poor today and the fact he had nothing to play for (in his mind) when he played Mitchell meant he lost the match. A lovely 12/1 on Evans though meant a resulting +12.5pts for the day.

Back to Group A, Phase 2. Fallon Sherrock comes in for Jarred Cole. Somehow, Adams managed to screw me for the group on Monday. 3-1 up against Smith, he managed to bust 96 and end up losing 4-3, the tool. His scores were so erratic and he is going to be one to lay for me tomorrow.

I'm going to take Koltsov tomorrow. He did well yesterday and only lost to Cole and Smith. Cole isn't here tomorrow and Smith can be erratic. 

3pts B. Koltsov to win Group A, Phase 2 10/3 betfair
2.5pts K.Kay to beat F. Sherrock evens paddypower

Modus bets -2.5pts 

Koltsov should have won that really. Group A is full of let downs and low end quality. Kay didn't play and so the second bet was a void.

Group B, Phase 2 action tomorrow. Evans won the group with ease yesterday with 6 wins out of 6. He did all the hard work early on to beat the better players and then just won the rest whilst in the mid-gears.

Tomorrow, I can't see past Evans again. However, I'm abit concerned how his standard went down the later the day went. He has the 'easier' matches early on and he has Nijman and Monk both later on. That puts me off the 2/1 on offer. Too skinny. I think Monk has a chance if his scoring improves but until it does, no thanks. I'll take a chance of Wessel tomorrow. He started today very well, but Evans was on fire. I'll take Evans to win all his matches as some cover. Just incase he does indeed keep his level.

2pts W. Nijman to win Group B, Phase 2 7/2 bet365
1pt D. Evans to win all his matches 7/1 paddypower

Modus bets -5.5pts 

/Smith wins the group again. Quite a poor group though, must be said.

I'm going to take Smith to win it again today. One thing that he is doing well is scoring well and the others only go through stages of doing that. I'll also throw half a point at Portela who finished the night on a 105 average and if his form continues then he has every chance at such a huge price

2pts J.Smith to win Group A, Phase 3 9/4 ladbrokes
0.5pts D. Portela to win Group A, Phase 3 18/1 boylesports

Modus bets -8.5pts

Another week of Modus darts and a new group

Group A:
J. Justicia
B. Koltsov
R. Edhouse
S. Marsh
J. Cole
M. Warburton
F. Sherrock

We've seen all of these before other than Scott Marsh, who comes into this fresh but having never played in this kind of environment. His price looks very big for a player who is more than capable here. I never like backing somebody in that situation, but at 14/1 it's worth a small point punt. 

1pt S. Marsh to win Group A, Day 1 14/1 boylesports
2pts B. Koltsov to beat J. Justicia, Most 180s and Highest Checkout 2/1 paddypower
1pt S. Marsh to beat Edhouse, Justicia and Warburton 11/1 paddypower

Group B:
J. Askew
D. Fitton
A. Jenkins
M. Adams
K. Kay
S. Mitchell
M. Webster

This group get started in an hour and a half. Andy Jenkins was playing some lovely stuff last time we saw him at Modus but it has been a while now and I wonder if he has been practising. As a second favourite to Askew, I think he is one to watch to see how is returning form is. Askew is also returning from a break. Fitton and Mitchell are interesting prices after recent good form. Fittons worry for me though is that he starts well and then tapers off his performances. Mitchell is the opposite. 

2pts D. Fitton, M. Adams and S. Mitchell all to beat K. Kay 3/1 paddypower

I'm going to stick with Marsh today. i think he actually did OK on Monday and at 10/1 I think he's worth another point and half. I'll also take Edhouse to beat Sherrock with a couple to spare. He tends to beat her relatively easily most of the time. His scoring looked good on Monday and I was tempted to take him pre-grouping and am kicking myself I didn't at 5/1 as he tends to start the week well.

I think Cole will do abit better today and I trust him to beat Warby early on and get the match treble 

1.5pts S. Marsh to win Group A, Day 2 10/1 ladbrokes
5pts R.Edhouse -1.5 to beat F. Sherrock 11/10 betfair
2pts J. Cole to beat M. Warburton, Most 180s, highest checkout 7/2 paddypower

Well I thought after winning 4 from 4 that Marsh may be able to win the group but he let himself down big time losing 4-0 twice from there. I'm going to take Jenkins today. I was going to take him 2 days ago and thought maybe he wouldn't get straight back into it, but he did OK and won fairly easy in the end. Askew looks bang out of form, but i'll stick a point on him coming back to live as cover

2pts A. Jenkins to win Group B, Day 2 3/1 paddypower
1pt J. Askew to win all matches 10/1 paddypower

Things really not going my way in this tournament. I'm going to stick with Marsh again today because it feels very much like the Cole situation and he looks like he is going to win one of these. He normally starts well and if he can beat Edhouse first up, he should have a good chance.

2pts S. Marsh to win Group A, Day 3 8/1 bet365
2.5pts B. Koltsov to beat J.Justicia, Most 180s and Highest checkout 13/10 paddypower

Small profit for the day. On to tomorrow and I'm going to stick with Andy Jenkins. He didn't do too much wrong and I think his biggest problem was losing the Bull and not having the first throw. Nobody beat him with ease on Thursday. 

2pts A.Jenkins to win Group , Day 4 9/2 bet365

Another day of Modus gets going in an hour. A good mixture of players with Evans, Monk, Edhouse and co playing. I think it's between Evans and Monk. Monk is the value and so i'll take him here but there is certainly some value on Evans winning every match, also.

ill take Jenkins to beat Webster with a few to spare. He normally starts well as does Edhouse. Cole has been abit hit and miss.

1.5pts A. Monk to win group B, Day 2 10/3 paddypower
1pt D.Evans to win every match 8/1 paddypower 
4pts A.Jenkins -1.5 legs to beat M.Webster evens paddypower
2pts R.Edhouse to beat J.Cole, most 180s and highest checkout 7/2 paddypower

This Modus league is going to be the death of me, I think. Today, I'm going to take a couple of outsiders at big prices. We've seen Monk and Evans are not at their best right now and it means anybody could win this really. I would make Edhouse favourite today, but Cole at 10/1 is too big, if he starts well.

1pt J. Cole to win Group B, Day 4 10/1 bet365
2pts R. Edhouse to win Group B, Day 4 7/2 ladbrokes

• 2 weeks later...

The +66.5pts profit we had for the first few months of the year, in the darts, is nearly halved thanks to this tournament :D but I'm pretty stubborn and I want this in profit before the next darts event. It's a good start today as Martin Adams wins the group for +5pts. He won 4 out of 4 and only needed to beat Cole to hit the 5/1 too but ofcourse Cole won that last match.Adams letting him win with just an 85 odd average. Classic Adams. +3pts for the day, but -26pts for the event. Just over 40pts profit for 2020.

Modus bets -26pts
Darts 2020 bets - +40.5pts

Thanks, Torque. I'm not convinced there is a whole lot of value in the event but I'll pick and choose bits and pieces and try and claw back some profit in the event. Another week of Modus gets started at 10.30am. Here is the group :

M Adams
B. Koltsov
D. Parleti
S. Marsh
J. Cole
F. Sherrock

I'm happy to take Adams on this time as I think his averages were nothing special when he won the group a couple days ago. Parleti comes in and it could be an interesting addition and his price is big but just starting up, the price isn't tempting enough. I'm going to instead go with Marsh and Cole. Marsh i backed in the past and much like Cole can blow hot and cold but if one of them hits abit of form at the right time then I can see them edging it at big prices

1pt J. Cole to win Day 1 16/1 betway
1pt S. Marsh to win Day 1 9/1 paddypower

• 3 weeks later...

II'm going to have another look at this during this week with little sport on. I'm going to take Cole today as I think he has a great shout based on the rest of the group. The boosted 5/2 on offer looks a good price and I think only Marsh could stop Cole and I'm not convinced Marsh is consistent enough to then go on.

2pts J. Cole to win the group 5/2 paddypower

Cole wins 4 out of 5 but Marsh 5 out of 5 so no joy. I'm going to take Edhouse today. I'll also take him to beat Burton and get the most 180s. Edhouse is quite a big 180 scorer and in general if he's going to perform he will need to hit the treble 20. Evans is the main worry but Edhouse looks slightly better value.  

2pts R. Edhouse to win the group 5/2 bet365 
4pts R. Edhouse to beat S.Burton and get Most 180s 11/8