** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NIFL & Cymru Premier Predictions > Dec 30th - Jan 1st

Another brief post from me as I'm still doing Xmas and new year.  I'm probably going to Bala tonight but my bet is on Wednesday's match.  Penybont and Carmarthen are equally matched in terms of points and form etc etc.  I think the odds favour the home side to much; I give the visitors about a 35% chance of winning making the 2/1 and lengthening for a Carmarthen win too long.  Just.  So a value bet rather than a likely winner.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to NIFL & Cymru Premier Predictions > Dec 30th - Jan 1st

Penybont vs Carmarthen

The New Year kicks off with an intriguing fixture in the Cymru Premier as the bottom two sides go head-to-head in a relegation six-pointer. It's Penybont versus Carmarthen in a 2:30pm GMT kick-off on Wednesday afternoon from the KYMCO Stadium in Bridgend. This is a game that neither side can afford to lose so will we see a winner or will both teams cancel each other out?

Penybont came into this season almost written off before they'd even kicked a ball. Rhys Griffiths has done a brilliant job as manager to keep this squad competitive but as the season wears on it's becoming clear that the physicality required to compete in the Cymru Premier is beginning to take its toll on this side. The club is bottom of the league but only by virtue of goal difference. They also have two games in hand on Airbus UK in 10th place so win this game and suddenly things look a lot rosier for the Bont. Unfortunately, they'll come into this game with a psychological disadvantage having lost to Camarthen away by a 3-2 score-line on Boxing Day with the West Wales side being reduced to 10 men.

Carmarthen will be pleased that they have somehow fought to get themselves back into contention to staying up. It was looking quite grim for Kristian O'Leary's men but the ex-Swansea defender has managed to keep his side in touch with the teams above them. The win against Penybont last week was much-needed with the club having lost their last 5 games without even scoring a goal. The issue coming into this game is that they've only won 1 of their 9 away league games this season.

I can't call this one. Carmarthen dealt a mental blow to Penybont in the last game with that victory but that was on home turf. Can they repeat the feat away from home? As @Wiltshire Shot points out, the odds on a Carmarthen win are too long. I was tempted by handicap bet but I think I'll go for a draw. There's not a lot separating these two sides and with home advantage now with Penybont I think they should hold out.

Draw @ 3.75 with Betway

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.60 with Bet365

On 12/31/2019 at 12:19 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Penybont vs Carmarthen

The New Year kicks off with an intriguing fixture in the Cymru Premier as the bottom two sides go head-to-head in a relegation six-pointer. It's Penybont versus Carmarthen in a 2:30pm GMT kick-off on Wednesday afternoon from the KYMCO Stadium in Bridgend. This is a game that neither side can afford to lose so will we see a winner or will both teams cancel each other out?

Penybont came into this season almost written off before they'd even kicked a ball. Rhys Griffiths has done a brilliant job as manager to keep this squad competitive but as the season wears on it's becoming clear that the physicality required to compete in the Cymru Premier is beginning to take its toll on this side. The club is bottom of the league but only by virtue of goal difference. They also have two games in hand on Airbus UK in 10th place so win this game and suddenly things look a lot rosier for the Bont. Unfortunately, they'll come into this game with a psychological disadvantage having lost to Camarthen away by a 3-2 score-line on Boxing Day with the West Wales side being reduced to 10 men.

Carmarthen will be pleased that they have somehow fought to get themselves back into contention to staying up. It was looking quite grim for Kristian O'Leary's men but the ex-Swansea defender has managed to keep his side in touch with the teams above them. The win against Penybont last week was much-needed with the club having lost their last 5 games without even scoring a goal. The issue coming into this game is that they've only won 1 of their 9 away league games this season.

I can't call this one. Carmarthen dealt a mental blow to Penybont in the last game with that victory but that was on home turf. Can they repeat the feat away from home? As @Wiltshire Shot points out, the odds on a Carmarthen win are too long. I was tempted by handicap bet but I think I'll go for a draw. There's not a lot separating these two sides and with home advantage now with Penybont I think they should hold out.

Draw @ 3.75 with Betway

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.60 with Bet365

Never in doubt! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to buy Luke Bowen a pint! :lol