** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat - Monday Sept 16th

As I mentioned in my preview for Beni Light last week I expected the idea was to win at Uttoxeter and then turn up in this weaker race under a penalty and my god is it a desperate race. The longer trip isn't a concern and if he is in the same form as last week it is hard to see a 7lb penalty stopping him in this grade. Master Sunrise is opposing him, but I can't back him without Richard Johnson on. That is no slight on Richard Patrick who is a good jockey, but as we know this horse is a very hard ride and he was quite well beaten in the end at Stratford despite coming 2nd. Phoenix Rock has been running well without winning and has gone up 6lbs for finishing 2nd last time which seems harsh. Sometimes you do get something coming from nowhere to win a race like this, but its hard to make much of a case for anything else being able to beat Beni Light here.

That is in the opener at 1.50 and I think there is one having an interest in in the closing race at 4.20. In my view Mr Muldoon is the best horse in the race. It looks a really weak maiden hurdle and his point form is impressive including just losing to Buck Dancing in the last of them back in March. He looks a really progressive horse who should be capable of winning races under rules. The problem is will he be looking to win this one? That is hard to tell as 2m wouldn't look the obvious starting place for him. I think the market will tell us plenty and although there is a risk this is being used as a starting point, he is a big enough price to have a small e/w bet on. Like I say this is a weak race though and there is every chance on ability alone he will hit the frame. Whatever happens tomorrow though he is one to keep a very close eye on in the future.

Good Morning and Good Luck!

Fav or 2nd Fav to WIN
raceCourse raceTime raceRunners horseName curOdds
Brighton 4:40 8 Big Time Maybe 3,50
Kempton (AW) 7:00 8 Alma Linda 2,75
Kempton (AW) 8:30 13 Brigand 2,50

Favorites to LAY
raceCourse raceTime raceRunners horseName Back Odds
Worcester 1:50 13 Beni Light 2,75
Brighton 4:10 8 Joyful Dream 2,62
Galway 6:15 15 Fine Brunello 3,75
Kempton (AW) 7:30 14 Celtic Classic 4,00

Horses to WIN or PLACE 
raceCourse raceDate raceTime horseName curOdds
Worcester 16/9/2019 1:50 Howlongisafoot 7,00
Brighton 16/9/2019 4:40 Threefeetfromgold 5,50
Galway 16/9/2019 6:15 Lever Du Soleil 5,00
Kempton (AW) 16/9/2019 7:00 Hermosura 6,50
Kempton (AW) 16/9/2019 7:30 Sea Art 5,50
Kempton (AW) 16/9/2019 8:30 Cauthen 8,00
Edited by johnkam

Short shots for anyone considering multiples.

Brighton (going forecast GF with some G watering)

1.40 Pour La Victoire, Harrogate
2.20 Never In Red, Annie Quickstep
2.40 Ramatuelle, Barnsbrook
3.10 It's How We Roll, Brother in Arms
3.40 Juanito Chico (nap)
4.10 Joyful Dream, De Little Engine
4.40 Big Time Maybe, Threefeetfromgold

On 9/15/2019 at 8:32 PM, Darran said:

.....  I think there is one having an interest in in the closing race at 4.20. In my view Mr Muldoon is the best horse in the race. ......... He looks a really progressive horse who should be capable of winning races under rules. .....

Good effort here.   Good punting.

Couple of comments. 

1. I had already chosen Beni Light and placed money on before I saw your comment.  Alas!  I guess Beni Light's  error when 3 out did not help its cause.  Plua Phoenix Rock, now with beneit of hindsight was no mug in previous outings plus was carrying less weight.
  2. You had reviewed Mr Mulddon's point form pre-race. For me, it is not always easy to obtain point form.  Do you have a go-to-source that is easily reviewable for all horses in a race (if it is ok to ask)?

9 hours ago, Kingdom for said:

Good effort here.   Good punting.

Couple of comments. 

1. I had already chosen Beni Light and placed money on before I saw your comment.  Alas!  I guess Beni Light's  error when 3 out did not help its cause.  Plua Phoenix Rock, now with beneit of hindsight was no mug in previous outings plus was carrying less weight.
  2. You had reviewed Mr Mulddon's point form pre-race. For me, it is not always easy to obtain point form.  Do you have a go-to-source that is easily reviewable for all horses in a race (if it is ok to ask)?

Free wise the racing post now has point results in the form for horses that run under rules so that helps as a basic guide. I pay for the point to point form book though for more in depth form but that’s over 200 quid. The official pointing website has form and videos but that’s 80 quid for a year.

56 minutes ago, Darran said:

Free wise the racing post now has point results in the form for horses that run under rules so that helps as a basic guide. I pay for the point to point form book though for more in depth form but that’s over 200 quid. The official pointing website has form and videos but that’s 80 quid for a year.

Thanks Darran. 

@Darran