** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Boxing Tips: April/May/June 2019

Claressa Shields @ 1.25 various books 10/10

Not quite on womens boxing and obviously the prize doesn't look great BUT....

For me it's great parlay material and i expect Shields to drop next few days.

IMO Shields will win that definitely. She will land the eye catching power shots. Hammer isn't bad, she's really good moving boxer with nice footwork but she lacks power AND output to trouble. Shields will fighting at home and she will land the bombs on Hammer, american judges like that and so i really can't see how Hammer will be able to win even close rounds as Shields will win them by simply landing the harder shots. Shields received some favorable decisions in the past and i doubt it'll be different this time. Considering she was 1.00 or 1.01 in the past this 1.25 looks great to mix some 1.6xxx odds with that.

I know not the best prize but value isn't always at the higher odds. I give Shields about 90-95% to win. I don't think Hammer can win any kind of decision here in the US with her style and the 5-10% on her are a lucky punch which ko's Shields. I don't think that happens but a small % is always given.

Good luck anyway. I'll take Shields in several parlays.

Keith Hunter by Decision or Technical Decision @5.50 >Redzone 4/10

Robert Parzeczewski by Decision or Technical Decision @3.65 5dimes 5/10

Two solid bets for the weekend. Hunter dropped to 2.5-2.3 but i think we've got more value on the decision bet. His opponent is crafty and strong and i doubt Hunter will stop him. But Hunter has big advantage in terms of height & reach so i can see him outboxing the Uzbek who is nothing special by the way. 

Parzeczewski should beat Chudinov who looked shot in his recent fights but Chudinov still a tough and solid opponent and odds on decision are way too high here. Chudinov only stopped by Eubank Jr who is definitely hitting harder than Parzeczewski. 

On 4/4/2019 at 10:46 PM, opole said:

Claressa Shields @ 1.25 various books 10/10

Not quite on womens boxing and obviously the prize doesn't look great BUT....

For me it's great parlay material and i expect Shields to drop next few days.

IMO Shields will win that definitely. She will land the eye catching power shots. Hammer isn't bad, she's really good moving boxer with nice footwork but she lacks power AND output to trouble. Shields will fighting at home and she will land the bombs on Hammer, american judges like that and so i really can't see how Hammer will be able to win even close rounds as Shields will win them by simply landing the harder shots. Shields received some favorable decisions in the past and i doubt it'll be different this time. Considering she was 1.00 or 1.01 in the past this 1.25 looks great to mix some 1.6xxx odds with that.

I know not the best prize but value isn't always at the higher odds. I give Shields about 90-95% to win. I don't think Hammer can win any kind of decision here in the US with her style and the 5-10% on her are a lucky punch which ko's Shields. I don't think that happens but a small % is always given.

Good luck anyway. I'll take Shields in several parlays.

Opole man, are you still 10/10 sure on this one? I won big recently and I have over 2k in my account. I put 500 on this, so need to be sure, PP are offering me my 500 back! I just need reassurance!

7 hours ago, Stevecw said:

I can't see Hammer stopping Shields. Shields is a bit sloppy with her defense from time to time but she can take a punch and Hammer isn't a big puncher anyway. The fight is still in the US and i can't see how Hammer will win a close fight here as Shields will land the eyecatching shots and even if most rounds are close most of them will go to Shields. I took Shields in about 8 or 9 parlays to juice up some "lower" odds. I can also see Shields stopping Hammer. Shields doesn't have big one punch KO power but she has explosiveness and accumulation of shots and Hammer isn't the type of a fighter who likes pressure.

My advice for you: Cash out the 500 and instead take parlays with Shields. It's perfect strechter IMO as i mentioned. The 10/10 was symbolic as IMO you can use it more or less like a banker to juice up smaller odds.

Here are some of my boxing parlays btw:

Ve Shawn Owens x Claressa Shields (both ML)

Jesse Angel Hernandez x Claressa Shields (both ML) // Hernandez dropped from 1.5 to 1.3 btw...

Caleb Truax x Claressa Shields (both ML)

I also have a couple of UFC parlays

Adesanya x Shields

Jouban x Shields

Anders x Shields

Edited by opole

Some Thursday action from Chechnya!

There is a big card in Grozny today, most matchups are mismatches to be honest and a lot of short odds there on the line but i think i found some value.

Islam Edisultanov wins by Decision or Technical Decision @3.40 Bet365 4/10

I taped Edisultanov and he looks decent, you can clearly see some kind of amateur background, he has good technique and nice footwork, creating angles and throwing with variety. He also looks like a big 154, i am pretty sure he'll be the bigger man compared to Evchenko. I like Evchenko, he's pretty solid and definitely much better than his record suggests which is 18-11-1 but he always comes to fight and never quits. 11 losses but 0 by KO so i doubt Edisultanov will stop him here. On the other side Edisultanov is fighting at home in Chechnya (he's from a town 30km away from Grozny in Chechnya) and he's promoted aswell. I don't see any other outcome here. 

• 2 weeks later...

I quite like Wisaksil (Rungvisai) Wangek at 1.99 SW on Exchange to beat Estrada. Rungvisai won the first fight which was classic war. I think he wins again, in the same way, it might be close again or he could get the stoppage. Estrada has more technical skill and speed advantage but his defense is lacking and Rungvisai has the major power advantage and is so dangerous in the pocket where Estrada likes to fight.  Anyone else going to watch it or got a play on it? 

On 4/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, Fatty Foulke said:

I quite like Wisaksil (Rungvisai) Wangek at 1.99 SW on Exchange to beat Estrada. Rungvisai won the first fight which was classic war. I think he wins again, in the same way, it might be close again or he could get the stoppage. Estrada has more technical skill and speed advantage but his defense is lacking and Rungvisai has the major power advantage and is so dangerous in the pocket where Estrada likes to fight.  Anyone else going to watch it or got a play on it? 

Lost unanimous decision, but it was pretty close on the cards, looks like it could have gone either way. :sad 

• 1 month later...

Leduan Barthelemy wins by Dec x Chris Colbert ML @1.97 Bethard 5/10

I think Leduan should win a dec here without a problem. He's fighting at home in Las Vegas and he's promoted aswell. So big advantage. His opponent is tough and durable though. I know Cayetano had a long layoff but he had a fight scheduled earlier this year which was cancelled so he should be in shape. Cayetano fought decent opponents and was only stopped twice, once vs. decent level guys like Quigg and Galahad. The fight vs. Leduan is scheduled for 8 rounds and he was never stopped inside 8 rounds so i think this should not happen vs. a guy like Leduan who isn't a puncher. I use Chris Colbert to juice up my odds on Ledua as he should win without big problems.

8 hours ago, opole said:

Leduan Barthelemy wins by Dec x Chris Colbert ML @1.97 Bethard 5/10

I think Leduan should win a dec here without a problem. He's fighting at home in Las Vegas and he's promoted aswell. So big advantage. His opponent is tough and durable though. I know Cayetano had a long layoff but he had a fight scheduled earlier this year which was cancelled so he should be in shape. Cayetano fought decent opponents and was only stopped twice, once vs. decent level guys like Quigg and Galahad. The fight vs. Leduan is scheduled for 8 rounds and he was never stopped inside 8 rounds so i think this should not happen vs. a guy like Leduan who isn't a puncher. I use Chris Colbert to juice up my odds on Ledua as he should win without big problems.

easy pick , both bets cashing in, parlay won. s*** limits and offer or i would have bet much more on that.