Strikers Horses To Follow

5 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I had to do a retake here, as I thought I had missed out on one of your winners!!

This post relates to Flyin' Solo, I believe. That being the case I think you might be mixing the races up.

Admittedly I have not watched the race since it won, but I have referred to my notes and dodgy memory.This was an easy winner that won with something in hand, making smooth progress from 3f out, leading inside the final furlong. It certainly didnt look like it was NOT going well at ANY stage of the race.

Am I right, or have I missed something?

Almost last 3 furlongs out, and the first of the market leaders to be ridden

On 2/18/2021 at 11:02 AM, Striker said:

also adding...Lady Rockstar

Her Newcastle debut 4th in a decent novice cried out for a middle distance trip, in very good hands of William/Maureen Haggas

Encouraging to see her strong in the market on seasonal debut tomorrow at Haydock...11-4 into the current 2-1

On 4/22/2021 at 8:16 PM, Striker said:

Le Nomade runs tomorrow (3.05)

Trainer said recently that the horse has a nice future, but might need to be gelded...so last run possibly tomorrow as a man!

Opening show is 3-1

Poor run so will be a bit lighter next time he runs

On 4/23/2021 at 7:46 PM, Striker said:

Encouraging to see her strong in the market on seasonal debut tomorrow at Haydock...11-4 into the current 2-1

Though a beaten Fav, a decent run in 2nd and will get the job done when stepped up in trip

On 2/2/2021 at 1:59 PM, Striker said:

Next month the flat turf season starts and a Trainer that I expect to do well is Alan King who though better known for being a NH man is year by year getting more involved on the level and his horses tend to go off under priced. I liked a few of his juveniles last year and have a few of them in my tracker like....

Forever William

Finished 3rd on only run at Leicester after missing the break and being outpaced, well as showing greenness.

Will win over middle distances for sure and has been gelded which King likes to do with his nice prospects

Will be a each way price for his seasonal debut tomorrow [3.35 Lingfield]

Opening odds of 10-1 

On 11/11/2020 at 7:00 PM, Striker said:

Considering she went off at 100-30...that was disappointing!

Again showed temperament issues when being loaded into the stalls, but jumped off fine and looked in control of the race from the front...was matched at 1.58!

But she folded tamely when challenged and my first thought was the horse did not stay, so a drop in trip looks a must next time

...and Missile goes up in trip tomorrow for her seasonal debut!

This time [4.15 Chester] looks like she will be a working mans price...current odds of 14-1

On 4/3/2021 at 6:48 PM, Striker said:

Very good effort to finish 4th @ 20-1 after losing a few lengths when missing the break, and as suspected will need a staying trip before he shows off his obvious potential in full 

Mitigated Risk goes up in trip in a hot maiden tomorrow at Leopardstown 

The other positive is the jockey booking of Colin Keane, and should be a each way price (Currently 10-1)

On 4/29/2021 at 7:42 PM, Striker said:

Malawi

Think its of interest that at the latest entry stage for the Irish Derby, that the above colt is the only yet to race one of 33 horses Aidan O'Brien has left in the race 

Debut tomorrow night at Dundalk (7.30)

FIrst show is 7-2

On 4/22/2021 at 8:48 PM, Striker said:

Impressive Win ;)as looked one of the first beat a couple of furlongs out, and will be interesting to see what his talented trainer targets next for the horse

Flyin Solo goes up in trip tomorrow at York in the last race

Will be a each way price with five places, 6-1 at the moment 

20 hours ago, Striker said:

Flyin Solo goes up in trip tomorrow at York in the last race

Will be a each way price with five places, 6-1 at the moment 

Boom!!

And that was even easier than last time.  Cruised to the front. Probably got there a bit too soon, but he was going too well.  Didnt do too much in front but passed the line Ears pricked

I reckon he can handle the penalty and go in again.

Good pick Buddy!!

On 5/11/2021 at 7:53 PM, Striker said:

Debut tomorrow night at Dundalk (7.30)

FIrst show is 7-2

Hammered into hot favouritism, and not sure how he only finished 2nd!

Clearly the best horse in the race but showed greenness when headed 3 furlongs out and looked like would drop to the back of the television, but restarted his powerful engine and ran on well when the winner had gone.

Though for me the main reason he got beat was that this distance was obviously too short for him, and when upped in trip will more than likely win a nice race or two.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:11 PM, Striker said:

Went off at 7-1!

But was always being run off his feet before staying on in the straight, and would certainly have placed if the jockey had been a bit more hard on the horse but he knew the front two were gone so let him come home on his own stride.

However the colt looks a nice stayer in the making and this run was another positive lesson in his education 

Navegaon Gate surprisingly comes back in trip tomorrow (3.55 Newbury) though the ground will be on the soft side

Good news to see him at a nice each way price currently at 18-1

Bad news to see only 7 runners and a market leader whose connections think could be a Group 1 horse

On 4/18/2021 at 10:17 PM, Striker said:

A warm favourite to beat Snow Lantern today, but came 2nd which time might prove to be excellent form

Though on today’s running this horse needs to go up in trip, and then should win some nice races 

Derab will be a warm favourite to win at Newmarket tomorrow (3.20)

Already into even money 

On 11/19/2020 at 11:09 AM, Striker said:

Search For A Song

She has been a very good friend to this topic and indeed followed up her Irish St Leger victory again this autumn

But it was her final run of the season on Champions Day at Ascot that really excited me when attempting 2 miles for the first time ran on well to finish 2nd after being in my opinion given too much to do

However it tells me there is still a lot of stamina in the filly, and I am confident that next season she will be trained with the Cup races in mind and will be the horse to beat 

Has seasonal debut tomorrow at Leopardstown, opened up at 11-4 but it’s over a shorter trip and will be the stepping stone for Royal Ascot 

On 5/13/2021 at 8:07 PM, Striker said:

Navegaon Gate surprisingly comes back in trip tomorrow (3.55 Newbury) though the ground will be on the soft side

Good news to see him at a nice each way price currently at 18-1

Bad news to see only 7 runners and a market leader whose connections think could be a Group 1 horse

Though well beaten in 3rd was not disgraced over a trip too short, did play him in the extra place market at double figures so was happy enough and liked the way he passed the first two in the pulling up area

8 hours ago, Striker said:

Though well beaten in 3rd was not disgraced over a trip too short, did play him in the extra place market at double figures so was happy enough and liked the way he passed the first two in the pulling up area

I thought he ran a very good race. He is still a big baby both physically and mentally. He didnt know what to do when he was leading. Couple of cracks by Crowley, I think it learnt a lot. The first 2, I think time will tell, are a couple of decent animals. He ran all the way to the line and seems sure to be aimed at middle distance handicaps. I backed it, but only first 2. I consider it money lent rather than lost because I am confident this horse will win races.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

Good run to finish 2nd, giving the impression she now for sure needs 2 miles plus

Weak in the betting as well. As good a reappearance run as you could want.

Not given a hard race at all and if the winner reopposes further down the line, I would be confident there would be a different outcome.

10 hours ago, Striker said:

Impressive Win

Looked a lot more mature today,and also further evidence that today's run of Snow was not her true form 

She settled today. She looked a serious filly.

Snow Lantern did today what Derab did when they met...pulled way too hard.

23 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Weak in the betting as well. As good a reappearance run as you could want.

Not given a hard race at all and if the winner reopposes further down the line, I would be confident there would be a different outcome.

Definitely

Think she is a bit of value at 14's for the Gold cup

On 4/29/2021 at 7:18 PM, Striker said:

Very weak in the betting and well beaten off in 4th

But was doing best work up the straight and will pay to follow, probably in handicaps

Forever William will get a handicap mark after today's race [3.20 Thirsk]

So just a small each way play at 12-1 Bet 365

Hey Striker, What are your thoughts on Forever William at Thirsk. He is in my tracker with your name next to him, so I guess I got it off your list?

Going is Soft and according to Accuweather there are showers during the day. It ran disappointingly on Heavy last year and its breeding does not scream out soft ground performer.