** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat - Monday Jan 14th

400 Fontwell

Sky Full Of Stars EW 9/2 PP
Not much of interest on Monday but Sky Full Of Stars is capable of winning a soft looking Class 5 handicap at Fontwell. Local trainer Chris Gordon has had just 3 starts with this 9yo and he's been well backed twice. I'm guessing he's one of them who always looks good without delivering the punch-line.
The trainer took the blinkers off him when he arrived and although he allowed cheek pieces last time he goes again here with nothing on. He looks a solid each way bet and may just get home in this line up with Tom Cannondoing the business.

Here are my daily horse racing selections.

Lucky 31 Each-Way
1:20 Fontwell Wind Place And Sho 12/1
2:25 Fontwell Megaboost 11/1
3:05 Ffos Las Brigadier Bob 8/1
4:40 Wolverhampton Kodi Dream 8/1
5:15 Wolverhampton Carpet Time 10/1

Bet stake = 62 units (Each-Way) x 0.1 unit stake = 6.2 units
Bet Returned = ??

Total staked in 2019 = 37.6units
Total returned in 2019 = 10.30 units

Please note,  These are purely my selections and I have no access to direct tips or other information.
The bets are small stakes looking to benefit from the accumulator element of the bet.
Unit stake is assumed for 1 unit = £1
Odds are shown for Ladbrokes at the time the bet is placed, and will also include their best odds guaranteed...........….. other bookmakers available!

Poor day ,nothing much that interests me , but saying that I am going to give SIMPLE THOUGHT another chance,

Backed it LTO at Kempton and it just got pipped near the end and was a fair way clear of the rest.

Karl Burke has the hot pot fav in the race, but I still think there's some mileage in my selection @ around the 5/2-3/1 mark

6.45 Wolv SIMPLE THOUGHT @ 5/2 B365

Edited by Valiant Thor
grammar

7.15 Wolv - Nonios - win at 3/1 bog most firms

Like the look of Nonios in the class 3 handicap. Drops in class after finishing 5th in a red hot handicap over CD last time. Has won over this CD before. I can see him tracking the likely front runner and current favourite, Michele Strogoff, and pouncing late in the home straight. To be fair it looks a tight race despite the small field …….. all of them appear to have a chance.

5.15 Wolv - Always Amazing - EW at 16/1 with half a dozen firms

Another class 6 sprint handicap on the AW with a bunch of inconsistent types. In these kind of races I'd rather go for a bigger priced one if there's a bit of an angle rather than ones who ran well last time but probably won't string two decent runs together.

My selection returns to Tapeta after running at Southwell for his last 3 outings, progressively getting closer each time. He's been dropped 5lbs and won his maiden over this CD. Has a good draw in stall 3 

Everything looks in place for a 'surprise' good run !

7 hours ago, Valiant Thor said:

Poor day ,nothing much that interests me , but saying that I am going to give SIMPLE THOUGHT another chance,

Backed it LTO at Kempton and it just got pipped near the end and was a fair way clear of the rest.

Karl Burke has the hot pot fav in the race, but I still think there's some mileage in my selection @ around the 5/2-3/1 mark

6.45 Wolv SIMPLE THOUGHT @ 5/2 B365

2nd again :\

That was its last chance saloon as far as Im concerned, some horses just dont have that winning edge and can end up costing a fortune if continuing to back them.

Watch it romp home next time out and prove me wrong :eyes

Mine was a neck 2nd as well ……… it was chasing but I never thought it was going catch the one in front, despite it only being a neck at the finish

still …… decent EW priice

BH had a winner ………. :ok

As for Nonios they all let the front runner slip away and he must have been 20 lengths up rounding the home turn. They were never going to catch him.