** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

AW Rating System

Buoyed by yet another great year following the PL Horse Racing Tips, I've decided to take the plunge and start my own ratings system - don't worry BH, your job's safe :lol

I like to concentrate on the AW handicaps because the going doesn't really change and the horses usually are a pretty exposed bunch - I could say other things but I won't :\

Anyway, starting bank is 1,000 pts and each bet is 1% of the current bank, all bets @ BFSP (-5% commission). We'll kick things off with Southwell on Tuesday, a favourite track of mine, the fibresand throws up a decent amount of surprise winners and I hope to post the odd one or two:

12:10 Southwell The Lock Master 10pts

2:10 Southwell Lads Order 10pts

2:40 Southwell Sandridge Lad 10pts

Not a bad first day, let's hope I can keep up the gallop! (terrible pun intended :lol)

12:10 Southwell The Lock Master 7th -10pts

2:10 Southwell Lads Order 4th -10pts

2:40 Southwell Sandridge Lad 1st @ 5.75 +44.60pts

Profit/Loss: +24.60 pts :beer

Current Bank: 1024.60 pts

New Stakes: 10.25 pts

Edited by Lemon Silk
Calculated profit wrong

:eyes

I'll cut to the chase: -72.80pts. A miserable day with only two horses placing, beaten by a nk and 1/2 length and a short head. 'Nearly' still hasn't won a race though ...

The system shows a LLR of 25 and a steady 9.8% ROI in the last 10 years of backtesting and the winter/spring is when it really gets going. Onwards and upwards!

Tomorrow's selections:

6:30 Chelmsford CIty Cuttin' Edge

7:00 Chelmsford City Greatest Journey

MCLARKE thanks for highlighting this! I had to go back and look at what day the meeting was on, and yes, I made a mistake!

I had my ratings done beforehand but somehow, and I'm not sure how, I got it into my head that there was no AW racing Saturday, and Sunday, as happens at this time of the year. I thought the next AW meeting was on Monday. PL doesn't tolerate aftertiming and neither do I.@ @BillyHills @Sir Puntalot please delete the post with the latest wins if needed :)