** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > Boxing Day

Darran

Boxing Day is obviously always a busy day of football and plenty of local derbys among the Non-League fixtures. I have 7 bets throughout the various leagues which will hopefully give the banks a nice boost after Christmas.

Gateshead v Hartlepool

Hartlepool are in desperate form at the moment having lost 5 games on the bounce which includes a FA Trophy defeat to Workington. They even took the lead against Maidenhead on Saturday and still lost the game 2-1. The owners are looking to sell already so things aren't exactly rosy at the club at the moment. Gateshead are actually below them in the table although they have two games in hand. I thought it was a very good idea by themselves and Torquay to get their Saturday fixture out of the way earlier in the month so they will be more rested for this. Their recent home league form isn't all that strong having only won once in their last 6, but the 3 they have lost were all by a single goal and they have been playing well. This looks a good chance for them to get 3 points and the Evs at William Hill is big enough for me to get involved.

Whitehawk v Eastbourne

I have to continue to oppose Eastbourne despite the fact they face a team who have yet to win a league game this season. Now I haven't take leave of my senses, but Whitehawk are getting pretty close to that first league win and they played well again at the weekend despite losing 4-2. I reckon Eastbourne are the best possible team they could be playing right now as I think they are probably the worst team in the division at the moment. That win against Gloucester the other week is the only time they haven't lost in their last 6 league games. Steve King continues to strengthen Whitehawk and they have beaten Chippenham in the FA Trophy so its not like they can't win games of football. I think they are a great value bet here at Marathon's 16/5 and Eastbourne look awful odds on shots whatever happens in the game.

Harlow v Enfield

As mentioned the other week Enfield's away form is shocking. They have picked up just one win and one draw away from home this season and even in their last two games at home, where they are unbeaten, they have been fortunate not to lose their unbeaten record. Harlow might not be unbeaten at home, but otherwise their home and away records are like Enfield's. They also have just one win and one draw away from home, but at home they have won 6 and lost just 3 times. Also worth adding that in their last 7 home league games Billericay have been the only team to beat them. That one away win actually came on Saturday when beating Lowestoft 3-0 and that bodes well going into this game. I would have them shorter than the 151/100 available with Marathon.

Kingstonian v Merstham

Kingstonian are the worst team in the division based on form at the moment having picked up just one point in their last 6 games. They seem in a state of flux at the moment and a bust Christmas period is hardly ideal for them at the moment. Merstham seem to have come out of the other side from a similar dreadful run of form. They were unbeaten in 4 prior to their defeat to Leiston a week ago and that included a draw at Billericay. They didn't play on Saturday so again come into this game that little bit fresher than their hosts who lost to Leatherhead 2-0 on Saturday. There is no reason for Merstham to be as big as 85/40 with BetVictor and it looks a good bet.

Worthing v Burgess Hill Town

After Saturday I should probably give up backing Worthing given my record with them, but I think they are worth backing again here. They really should have won on Saturday and they host a Burgess Hill side who havn't won in 7 league games. Now they put in great shift to give Billericay a huge scare on Saturday, but I think that effort could leave its mark on the team which won't help them here. They weren't the first and won't be the last team to raise their game against Billericay this season. Their away form is shocking with just one win on the road in the league this season and at 6/4 with Marathon I have to give Worthing another go at trying to win a game when I have backed them.

Merthyr v Hereford/Ashton v Stalybridge

Hereford and Ashton looks a cracking double. Obviously Merthyr's problems have been well documented and although their squad is clearly capable of decent performances as they did when only losing 1-0 to current table toppers Kings Lynn on Saturday. For me though Hereford are another step-up from Kings Lynn and althugh they looked at one stage like they might lose to Chesham on Saturday in the end they one comfortably. They have won 7 of their last 8 league games and in all they have won by at lest 2 clear goals and that is why I also think they are worth backing at odds against with Betway on the -1 handicap as you would expect them to win this fairly easily. Stalybridge have got just 1 point on their travels this season and have been hugely disappointing. Ashton are on the edge of the play-offs and are unbeaten in 7 league games. It would be one of the shocks of the day if they didn't win this and at 11/8 (Marathon) the double looks the best bet of the day,

Gateshead 2pts @ Evs William Hill

Whitehawk 1pt @ 16/5 Marathon

Harlow 2pts @ 151/100 Marathon

Merstham 2pts @ 85/40 BetVictor

Worthing 1pt @ 6/4 Marathon

Ashton/Hereford 3pts double @ 11/8 Marathon

Hereford -1 2.5pts @ 21/20 Betway

Edited by Darran

Thanks Charly. That is true but that summary is there for people who don't always have the time to read the previews indepth, also I know some people who follow don't use English as a first language so again always happy to make things as clear as possible.

4 minutes ago, allthethings said:

Hey Darran, haven't managed to ask until now, but did you ever start selling your tips elsewhere, and if so how's it going for you? Semi-professional curiosity.

Happy Xmas, and good luck today to all.

Not elsewhere but Paul signed me up to PL so my tips are exclusive on here now.

4 hours ago, allthethings said:

I've taken Stockport/Alfreton o3.25 odds 2.04; I'd prefer the o3 at whatever price but will take the plunge with what they're offering. Also am looking at the Conference North home dogs...Leamington, Telford, Darlington and U of Manchester.

The total looks lost, but U of M and Darlington were winners at 3.92 and 3.23. I lost on Leamington, which shouldn’t have been a play because of late odds putting them over 4.0.