Racing Chat - Sunday Dec 10th

With Kelso I cant find much value around for tomorrow. I fancy the three favourites for the big races on Sunday and of those i strongly fancy Top Notch for the Peterborough Chase at Huntingdon.

A very reliable type who has proved a better horse since going over fences. Some say he is just a tad below top class but seems to pay his way alright. He won well at Ascot last time and seems to suit this intermediate trip well. He's not much of a price but I cant fancy anything that is to be honest.

230 H: Top Notch 1/1 bet365 NAP
205 P: Sizing John 11/8 Betfred
220 C: Un De Sceaux 4/7 Hills

2:30 Huntingdon TOP NOTCH  10/11 now  general

Got to agree with Billy on this one.  Racing Post Analysis from last run at Ascot 25th November

They went a proper gallop in this Grade 2 chase and the winner proved a class apart. Straightforward form.

TOP NOTCH took his form to a new level with a bloodless success. He tired when last of three at Aintree on his comeback over hurdles a fortnight earlier and that has evidently put him spot on for his return to chasing. There was a lot to like about his economical fencing and it takes his course record to 3-3. A return to the top table is now firmly on the cards for this likeable performer. The Ryanair at the Cheltenham festival is his big target and he was into a general 6-1 in ante-post lists for that.

5 hours ago, BillyHills said:

With Kelso I cant find much value around for tomorrow. I fancy the three favourites for the big races on Sunday and of those i strongly fancy Top Notch for the Peterborough Chase at Huntingdon.

A very reliable type who has proved a better horse since going over fences. Some say he is just a tad below top class but seems to pay his way alright. He won well at Ascot last time and seems to suit this intermediate trip well. He's not much of a price but I cant fancy anything that is to be honest.

that would be a happy sunday punting,then enjoy the manc derby

12 hours ago, BillyHills said:

trying to find a way to argue with that.. 

can’t

on

Some cracking racing over in Ireland which looks like it's going ahead !

I just wonder if Djakadam might upset Sizing John ....... Djakadam has won this race on seasonal debut for the last two years and maybe is better suited to two and a half miles than Sizing John. SJ's big improvement last season came when he stepped up in trip. He was also beaten 8 lengths on his seasonal debut (although that was by Douvan over 2 miles)

17 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Some cracking racing over in Ireland which looks like it's going ahead !

I just wonder if Djakadam might upset Sizing John ....... Djakadam has won this race on seasonal debut for the last two years and maybe is better suited to two and a half miles than Sizing John. SJ's big improvement last season came when he stepped up in trip. He was also beaten 8 lengths on his seasonal debut (although that was by Douvan over 2 miles)

the betting suggests as much

plenty money heading Djakadam’s way