MLS Play-Off Predictions > Oct 30th - Nov 1st

StevieDay1983

I like Seattle Sounders in the Outright market at 8/1 (Various).

I must start by admitting that on my ratings Toronto are the best team left in the competition and in the whole of the MLS, they are for me a little short though at around the 9/4. They'll face 2 tough matches in the Conference phase of proceedings against NYRB and in my opinion NYCFC before a home final against the winners of the Western Conference. I have them at around 6/4 to win the Eastern Conference and the 9/4 available for the Outright suggests they'll be around 3/10 for the final which is miles too short.

Seattle rank as the 2nd best team remianing in the Westen Conference, behind Houston, looking back over match prices this season I make them 8/13 to progress past Vancouver, I'd then have them a similar price to beat Houston or Portland which makes them around 7/4 to win their Conference. When they hosted Toronto earlier in the season they were around 4/5, which suggests the market only sepearates them by home advantage, meaning Toronto would be around 4/5 for 90 minutes for the final, now I would expect them to be shorter - just not significantly, I'd say Toronto 1/2 Seattle 6/4 for the Outright, the combined odds only come to around 6/1, thus for me atleast, making Seattle the value selection in the Outright.

MLS.JPG.4bd509210e439d1403cc379447193710.JPG

Whitecaps DNB

Whitecaps victory was made easy by SJ Earthquakes inability to defend the set pieces in the knockout round. Sounders will be without the like of Morris, Dempsey and Svensson. Captain Osvaldo Alonso has trained this week and should be available. Fatigue shouldn't be too much of an issue for the Whitecaps as they played their ko game in Vancouver last week. I think Whitecaps can avoid defeat even if they can't get an advantage to take to the 2nd leg. 

I love Vancouver tonight at +142.  They have to be brimming with confidence after the drubbing of SJ last match out in an elimination match.  I think they should come in with that same attitude tonight, as they really do need a result before going to the return fixture at Seattle which enjoys one of the best home field advantages in the league, if not the very best.

They have the added advantage of being able to face a very banged up Seattle team, also without their emotional leader in Dempsey who picked up a stupid red last match out.  Seattle may well play for a scoreless draw as their offense should be completely impotent.  

And while a draw will not kill Vancouver here, You're getting a great price on a motivated home side playing a sub-optimal opponent.  If you can't pull the trigger on this one, shouldn't be gambling in my opinion.