Racing Chat Saturday 23rd September 2017

740 Wolverhampton

Kind Act 11/8 Bet365

Not much to fancy on a very tricky looking Saturday so will row in with the Godolphin runner Kind Act at Wolverhampton.

Was made favourite for his debut at Newmarket and was only 5th in the end to The Roaring Lion, next time out he won nicely at Chelmsford and he should be able add to that here before moving on and going up in trip.

7 hours ago, Jimmy2shoes said:

Cant see it myself fella and it's a real shame as the town will take a massive blow, it just wont stop raining  :\

too true,hotels,pubs/clubs, restaurant and food outlets will have been banking on this

i hear the members are invited tomorrow, that will get rid of all the food

Yeah so disappointing I was really looking forward to all the big races ....lot of revenue lost ....need to drown my sorrows with a winner from somewhere .....

325 newb 

Anything today   98.98

Brorocco  98.96

Fidaawy   98.93

completely open race but with races a bit thin on the ground now from a betting perspective I may as well have a shot at this ...fidaawy sets a good standard here and should run a big race ...but top two have been posting some fast times and arrive here unpenalised as opposed to the big guns .....that at least should give them an advantage ...priced at 12/1 they are the best bets I can find so may as well just roll the dice 

Anythingtoday 10pts win 12/1 bet365

Brorocco 10pts win 12/1 bet365 

I'm a bit of a sucker for sprints lol

4.00 newb

Caspian Prince  99.24

Cotai glory   99,23

Muthmir    99,21

Hard to know which muthmir will turn up ....he can be brilliant or just fair and difficult to back when more fair than brilliant lately but always dangerous to oppose if he's in the mood ...cotai glory and Caspian Prince both were suckered by poor ground last time ...if the rains stay away a return to good ground is perfect for both so I'd be looking for vastly improved performances ...on paper they are absolutely evenly matched so it will be an interesting test to see how they run ..,Caspian Prince is best value at 12/1 but cotai glory won this last year so knows what's required so the 13/2 still looks very doable 

Caspian Prince 10pts win 12/1 lads

Cotai glory 10pts win 13/2 paddyp

4 hours ago, Tedthewolf said:

The talk is to hold the Ayr  gold cup at another track!!!!

It was on tonight's Scottish News, lots of Pubs etc are not happy as they have bought in extra beer and now no racing, they also walked some of the course and it was really bad, Ayr does dry fast BUT a great start for that would be No rain,  I think the problem has mostly come from Wednesday Past, it was bouncing down for a long time, I walked down to my local Supermarket on Wednesday but i could have took my boat and cast my nets on the way down and back.

The world just now seems to be getting hammered regarding the weather 

2:35 Newmarket CRIBBS CAUSEWAY  4/1 Ladbrokes William Hill  just gone 7/2 with Bet365

She ran her best race last time at Salisbury with something up her sleeve. That was back down to 1m 4f after 1m 6f stretching her a little. Also Roger Charlton said the race at Haydock may have come a bit to soon. Today she has had another break and although up 7lb she drops in class. She looks high on the list for another success.

The world just now seems to be getting hammered regarding the weather 

I think its a problem with the track more than the weather Jim, a lot of tracks have had as much rain as Ayr and survived.

I suspect they will dig up the problem area and sort out the drainage rather than have this farce. No rain on the track since Wednesday yet its still on the surface. These things happen but the track has history of this sort of thing. Didnt they abandon some meetings due to a dodgy bend a few years ago?

Anyway lets get back to some TIPS!

i have 2 fancies for the racing today, my nap  1315 newbury sam gold which has halved its odds overnight,probably due to the expensive debut alfarqad drifting in the betting

my other is 1400 newmarket crowded eagle,drops down in grade, he ran in the derby, but has been gelded, had a rest and maybe ready to strike betfred had him at 5/1 1030am today

A helicopter couldnt dry part of the course Jimmy, they deffo need to spend money and fix the course. 

NB 3.25 at around 10/1 BROROCCO look to have a strong e/w claim  not a clear run lto when decent 4th with a clear run here should go very close. BAYDAR not in great form  but won this last year looks a decent e/w play at around 20/1.

NB 4..00 not really my type of race but i think there could be more improvement in JUDICAL  e/w 12/1 of the outsiders LINE OF REASON is worth a few coppers e/w is as big as 80/1 in places lower price but 5 places with some others.

NM 3.10  SHREWD ran well in this last year less weight this time looks a solid  e/w bet at 14/1. PERCY VEER has some really decent from and isnt a 40/1 chance imo well worth an e/w play.

4.55 NINJAGO won  off a very low mark and has a great chance of following up here  great  e/w bet at 10/1. CAPT LARS is a decent enough horse and at 25/1 looks overpriced another well worth an e/w play imo.

21 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Yeah so disappointing I was really looking forward to all the big races ....lot of revenue lost ....need to drown my sorrows with a winner from somewhere .....

325 newb 

Anything today   98.98

Brorocco  98.96

Fidaawy   98.93

completely open race but with races a bit thin on the ground now from a betting perspective I may as well have a shot at this ...fidaawy sets a good standard here and should run a big race ...but top two have been posting some fast times and arrive here unpenalised as opposed to the big guns .....that at least should give them an advantage ...priced at 12/1 they are the best bets I can find so may as well just roll the dice 

Anythingtoday 10pts win 12/1 bet365

Brorocco 10pts win 12/1 bet365 

1st and  3rd...nice doing business .130 pts returned ....90 pts profit  on the day